Thread: NH State Rep who endorsed Ron Paul is now endorsing Gary Johnson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question NH State Rep who endorsed Ron Paul is now endorsing Gary Johnson

New Hampshire State Representative Seth Cohn endorsed Ron Paul in November 2011 for the Republican nomination to be President of the United States of America. However, Rep. Cohn has abandoned all principles and gone to the dark side by publicly announcing his support for Gary Johnson in the general election. It is shocking that Rep. Cohn, a member of the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire, would endorse fellow Libertarian Party member and Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson in the general election.

Facts are facts.

Rep. Cohn made this announcement on Facebook after Kevin Kervick, a Republican candidate for State Rep. in Portsmouth, publicly endorsed Gary Johnson in the general election. Here is a related article.

Fed Up with Romney, Many 'Ron Paul Republicans' Backing Gary Johnson Instead

Many former Paul backers attended Johnson's event at UNH on Wednesday.
    By Marc Fortier
    September 19, 2012
    http://portsmouth-nh.patch.com/artic...g-gary-johnson

Many of those Paul supporters were at UNH on Wednesday to hear Johnson speak. They see him as a far better alternative than Romney or Barack Obama.

Some of those in attendance were former Paul supporters like Libertarian gubernatorial candidate John Babiarz, state representative candidate Kevin Kervick of Portsmouth, State Rep. Seth Cohn, R-Canterbury, and even former Ron Paul staffer Brian Early of Portsmouth.

Kervick, a Republican, publicly endorsed Johnson on Wednesday, saying he thinks the country is "broken," and he doesn't see the national Republican or Democratic parties doing anything to fix it. He said he still supports Republican candidates for governor and other state offices, but can't bring himself to endorse Romney.

"The way the Republican Party treated Ron Paul supporters, particularly at the convention, was despicable," Kervick said. "That was sort of the last straw for me."

Johnson State Director Hardy Macia, who was with Ron Paul in 2008, said the influx of Ron Paul supporters has breathed life into the Johnson campaign here in New Hampshire.

"Right after the RNC, we saw a big influx of supporters," Macia said. "They've been phone banking, doing sign waves – we have a lot more interest now."
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "My speech at UNH on Sept 19th (no pirates, just politics), about the Tea Party, Occupy, and Gary Johnson."

Here is Rep. Seth Cohn's speech at the University of New Hampshire during Gary Johnson's recent visit to the campus.
    http://soundcloud.com/sethcohn/teapa...py-garyjohnson
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Great news. It's nice to see elected reps from the GOP sticking their necks out. They are doing it in a big way here by endorsing a third party candidate who is running against the nominee from their party. Props to these guys.

he talks like he knows politics but this seems like a bad idea to me

Another New Hampshire State House candidate endorsed Gary Johnson. Debra also endorsed Ron Paul but now that he is no longer in the race, is backing Gary Johnson.

I, Debra Johnson, Republican candidate for state representative in Merrimack County, NH District 10 endorse Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, for President in 2012. Mr. Johnson addresses core issues that we face as a country. He stands for liberty. He wants to end our senseless wars and bring our men and women home. He wants to end the drug war which only serves to support foreign drug lords who use their income to fund terrorism, fill our prisons and clog our court system.

Personally tired of campaigns based on finger pointing and big promises with no details of the implementation plan, culminating into broken promises and more finger pointing, I want to break the vicious circle we have been traveling for decades.

I supported Ron Paul in the Republican primary. I supported him because he had “detailed” information as to how we got to where we are today, along with a “detailed” plan on how to move in a positive direction. Now, there
    is something we don't hear from many main stream candidates! Gary Johnson is not Ron Paul and neither am I. But, Gary Johnson is aware that we are on the wrong path and need to study issues and make some real changes. Most importantly, he is not controlled by the same big money controlling the main stream candidates who accept their contributions from the same mega corporations.

Gary Johnson seeks the presidency with more political experience than either the Republican or Democratic candidate acquired before running. Mr. Johnson is a two-term (the state has a 2 term limit) former Governor of New Mexico. Obama was a one-term senator. Romney was a one-term governor who chose not to run for re-election.

Gary Johnson is a self-made businessman who grew a one-man handyman business into one with over one-thousand employees. Obama has little-to-no private sector business experience. Romney was a privileged son of a wealthy businessman/politician.

Vote, with me, for Gary Johnson and stand for personal freedom and an end to senseless wars.

I Daily Paul user by the name of kevinkervick reiterated the statement endorsing Gary Johnson made by state representative candidate Kevin Kervick of Portsmouth.

It generated a lot of press for me. NH is a swing state so they are quite concerned. I used the press to talk about Paul and issues that are important to me. Fighting corruption nationally resonates with independents strongly.
    http://www.dailypaul.com/256216/repu...s-gary-johnson

Additional coverage of the Debra Johnson endorsement.

New Hampshire Republican Candidate Endorses Gov. Gary Johnson For President | THE JEENYUS CORNER
    Posted by Jeenyus Corner on September 25, 2012
    http://jeenyuscorner.com/2012/09/25/...eenyus-corner/

Merrimack County, New Hampshire- I, Debra Johnson, Republican candidate for state representative in Merrimack County, NH District 10 endorse Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, for President in 2012. Mr. Johnson addresses core issues that we face as a country. He stands for liberty. He wants to end our senseless wars and bring our men and women home. He wants to end the drug war which only serves to support foreign drug lords who use their income to fund terrorism, fill our prisons and clog our court system.

Debra Johnson, Republican candidate for state representative in Merrimack County, NH District 10

Personally tired of campaigns based on finger pointing and big promises with no details of the implementation plan, culminating into broken promises and more finger pointing, I want to break the vicious circle we have been traveling for decades.

I supported Ron Paul in the Republican primary. I supported him because he had “detailed” information as to how we got to where we are today, along with a “detailed” plan on how to move in a positive direction. Now, there is something we don’t hear from many main stream candidates! Gary Johnson is not Ron Paul and neither am I. But, Gary Johnson is aware that we are on the wrong path and need to study issues and make some real changes. Most importantly, he is not controlled by the same big money controlling the main stream candidates who accept their contributions from the same mega corporations.