Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Graham Slams Rand Paul on Foreign Aid Cut Proposal

Lindsey Graham Slams Rand Paul on Foreign Aid Cut Proposal

Lindsey Graham Slams Rand Paul on Foreign Aid Cut Proposal

Posted: 09/20/2012 5:39 pm EDT
    by Daniel Lippman

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Thursday criticized a fellow Republican, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, for proposing to end aid to Libya, Egypt and Pakistan, suggesting the cuts could damage U.S. national security.

"Rand Paul is one nice fellow, but I bet you he's never talked with CIA Director General Petraeus about what would happen if we cut our aid off to Pakistan," said Graham at a Politico event at the Newseum. "It's 90 percent popular, but I can show you things in history that were 100 percent popular that were really bad ideas."

Graham told those gathered at the Newseum on Thursday that the U.S. should continue to engage with the Mideast to try to shape the region as it goes through political turmoil.

"Here's what I convey to my colleagues: don't be indifferent: the people I want to give the aid to and support to are the ones that I have some hope that I can live with in peace," Graham said. "The radical Islamists know that they cannot win if we stay in the region."

read more:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...elections-2012
    Last edited by jct74; 09-20-2012 at 05:10 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    You want some, Lindsey? 2014 bitch
    $#@!in' Right.. his days in office are numbered.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I gotta start putting loose change in the "Primary Lindsey" jar.

I'm going to go slam a Graham cracker. Take that!
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

When Lindsey Graham is mad at you, you KNOW you are doing something good.

"Homeland is a Battleground" Graham needs to "just dry up and blow away" (as AF put's it)
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Graham is just a damn fool. You can't buy real friends. Throwing money at a problem often makes it worse, and throwing good money after bad is plain stupid. And someone needs to tell Graham that his credit card is far beyond it's limit.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How is it possible that he hasn't been involved in a gay sex scandal yet?

Graham also raised the alarm about automatic spending cuts that are scheduled to take effect in January that would result in a 9.4 percent cut in defense spending. He urged his Republican colleagues to consider revenue increases that would avoid the drastic reductions.

"Why don't we have a deal to avoid sequestration? I think there are a lot on the left who really are reluctant to embrace entitlement reform and people on our side reluctant to embrace revenue generation," he said.
    And Lindsey Graham is arguing for real net tax increases?! Wow!
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-20-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

what a little statist biznitch.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I know you will be able to connect the dots...

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pac2...cmte=C00409979

Because he is towing the line.

I say someone should arrest him and when he asks for a lawyer they should say, "You don't get a lawyer!"
    I'm starting to think that the Mayans were right about 2012. Ron Paul will change the world.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am equally baffled.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-21-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Because he is towing the line.
    My imagination is running wild.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-21-2012 at 12:57 AM.

"It's 90 percent popular, but I can show you things in history that were 100 percent popular that were really bad ideas."
    Lets start with a list of some of that unanimous consent legislation congress has churned out lately...

When do we start campaigning and raising money for Tom Davis? This should be our top priority as far as elections go.

Graham is a tool.

This is a perfect idea for Rand to campaign on.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    Graham is a tool.
    This is a perfect idea for Rand to campaign on.
    Yeah, in half his interviews lately he has been promoting his book calling the govt bullies, now in the other half he's been calling the govt a bunch of pussies for not standing up for our allies (the dr. that helped us get bin laden).

He's also been somewhat slamming Romney on this issue; saying Romney should pick it up and run with it if he wants to win.

I will max to whoever we get to run against his sorry ass. His time is long overdue to be sent back home.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    When do we start campaigning and raising money for Tom Davis? This should be our top priority as far as elections go.
    Amen. Forgot most of those other people in the "defenders of liberty" section. Davis should be the one this site tries to draft, the one it focuses on in 2013 and 2014. Graham is a disgrace, and is very beatable in a GOP primary too.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    He's also been somewhat slamming Romney on this issue; saying Romney should pick it up and run with it if he wants to win.
    I'm guessing Rand will rip on Romney endlessly for four years if Romney happens to win somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Thursday criticized a fellow Republican, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, for proposing to end aid to Libya, Egypt and Pakistan, suggesting the cuts could damage U.S. national security.
    National security wouldn't be a problem if our people were not over there. Bring em home Lindsey, you dumb ass.

I pray this man gets voted out. It's baffling how these idiot narcissistic psychopathic politicians get elected $#@!ing over and over. Americans are just dumb MF's IMO.

MORE SNICKERS !!! MORE COKE !!!

Graham: Paul's bill would harm Israel

By Ramsey Cox
    09/21/12 03:10 PM ET

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Sen. Rand Paul’s (R-Ky.) bill to cut aid to Egypt, Libya and Pakistan threatens peace in the Middle East for Israel.

Graham said foreign aid to Egypt in particular is crucial to the safety of Israel because of the Camp David Peace Accord.

“Egypt and Israel have been living under a peace agreement as long as the U.S. aids both,” Graham said on the floor Friday. “So if we cut aid to Egypt they could break the treaty.

“It will unravel a delicate balance in that region. ... I will have no part of it.”

read more:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...ld-harm-israel

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    So let's see... he is saying, Israel and Egypt are blackmailing the United States to keep them from fighting? I say, call their bluff and see who wins.

Grahams strategy is all about healthy relationships...

Because rewarding toddlers with ice cream who continue to fight in the back seat with each other encourages individual responsibility...

...which then leads to stability and peace in the family mini-van.

Pull the ride over and deliver some discipline? Nay! It would unravel a delicate balance in the mini-van!

Just deliver more ice cream.

This Graham fellow is a flippin' genius...he really cares about people.. as long as someone else is buying the ice cream.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast