Thread: The Southern Poverty Law Center – Propaganda

The Southern Poverty Law Center – Propaganda

The Line of Fire: The Morris Dees, story is a made for tv movie that debuted on Martin Luther King day in 1991.* This film was shown to me as well as my co-workers when our fund-raising firm took on the SPLC as a client. (1)

The film is a retelling of the events surrounding Donald v. United Klans (2) of America and portrays Morris Dees as a compassionate hero, who represented Beulah Mae Donald a grieving single mother whose son was murdered in a senseless hate crime. The film recounts KKK attacks against Mr. Dees in his home, the destruction of his office, and his being forced to employ the services of a body guard to protect his person. Despite the danger he persevered in order to bring justice to Beulah by financially crippling the segment of the KKK responsible for her son’s death.

Screening this film during the training was meant to show us where the money we were begging contributors for was going and show us that were were supporting a great cause. It worked. During smoke breaks, time everyone used to complain about clients and fund raising campaigns, no one ever said anything negative about the SPLC. Even those who weren’t doing well would acknowledge that the SPLC were ‘the good guys’ and every one had to try harder because this client truly deserved it. I was in total agreement with that sentiment – Until I was told that I couldn’t tell contributors that the SPLC ‘needed’ their money.

That was a blood red flag. In the absence of need, fund-raising should be unnecessary.

On my own time I looked up the SPLC on the internet and saw “Poverty Palace” for the first time. The SPLC was not a small struggling organization like some of the other clients I’d worked for, it was a grand empire that didn’t need the money my company was hired to beg for.

As far as exploration into the SPLC’s finances goes, I’d barely scratched the surface and came away feeling manipulated. The only comfort I had was the knowledge that even if the organization was obviously beyond wealthy they deserved it they were still the good guys after all Mr. Dees did risk his life to help Ms. Donald with no assurance of payment.

Fast forward several years later, the SPLC hit my radar again. Recently I’ve taken a much closer look at the financial workings of wealth bloated charity. I felt a little manipulated before, I now realize that I’d been completely bamboozled.

With a single peek beneath the SPLC’s shiny narrative, the first thing I learned was that “The Line of Fire” presented at best, a selective telling of the truth. It omitted mention of nine million dollars Morris raised from one image of Beulah Donald’s son. Those seven digits had more to do with his determination to drag the case out than desire for justice. Dees also somehow neglected to share any of those funds with Ms.Donald, who only received fifty thousand of the 7 million judgment. (3)

These discoveries alone made my entire introduction to the SPLC a grand deception. Next I researched Morris Dees, the face and co- founder of the SPLC. In studying this man I understood how myself and the great majority of the country are convinced that this man and this company are a commendable force for good. Morris Dees is much more than an attorney, he is a salesman.

In almost any biography of the man in question it can be seen that before dedicating him self completely to legal practice he owned a direct mail sales company. A biography found on www.yourdictionary.com states “He did not know it then, but Dees had not only discovered a way to secure his financial future, but a new way to communicate ideas directly to millions of Americans.” (4)the moment I read that sentence I realized; The SPLC had not simply deceived me and my fellow fund raisers, they’d introduced us to their product and made sure we’d do a good job selling it.

I think it’s important to take a moment here to explain something about non profit organizations. Most people believe that 501(c) organizations must balance their books to zero at the end of the fiscal year. The fact is that they are allowed to keep surplus resources and endowment funds. These funds are supposed to be used for operating costs (including payroll and payraises0 and charitable or philanthropic excursions. I won’t get into details nonprofit surplus funds or the nebulous nature of the restrictions on the SPLC’s endowment, that warrants an article all its own. I mention this only to make the following three statements.
    I mention the allowance of these saving programs for 501(c) organizations only to inform you that non profit organizations are allowed to accumulate what would be considered profit for any other type of business. (5)

Also important to note that the SPLC expends a significant amount of money on fund raising efforts, the rewards of which are combined with interest revenue from numerous investments to amount to an impressive annual income which goes untaxed due to the organization’s non-profit status.

Furthermore the SPLC has developed a prestigious reputation and its work tracking hate groups and hate crimes is frequently and in some cases exclusively referenced by law enforcement, the media and the FBI. Almost any mention of development, location or activity of hate groups on the news or in the paper will reference the SPLC’s ‘Hate Map’. (6)

The combination of these three facts allows the SPLC to function much like and extremely successful retail business.

They have a product which is advertized every time the SPLC is referenced on the evening news or in the paper in regards to a rise in hate groups. (screen caps) Payment for this product is collected by aggressive fund raising efforts; mailing reminding contributors that hate is on the rise- always on the rise and ever more dangerous- and fundraisers sold on the undeniable heroism of Morris Dees.

Profit is allowed to accumulate to cover future expenses (including payroll costs – and any pay-raises that may have been granted).(7)
    One may think that the product offered by the splc is a solution to hate groups and their accompanying violent actions. One look at the SPLC’s defining standards for hate groups proves that is not the case. In fact the infamous hate map has been the direct cause of crimes against non violent organizations and there has been no decrease in the formation of hate groups that can be attributed to the SPLC’s monitoring activities. (8)

The product/service that this organization offers is fear and fear is always delivered as the hate map is constantly gaining new ‘hate groups’ usually consisting of non violent people guilty only of holding unpopular social,(9) religious and political positions.

The fact that their hate group monitoring services are so heavily relied upon by the media, government and the American public makes their conflation of unconventional ideas and violent hate activities not only dangerous to individuals belonging to non violent groups but also lessens vigilance toward those groups who may pose an actual danger to public safety. This practice benefits only the SPLC and their coffers. If there is any reason to cease supporting any non – profit organization the level of emotional manipulation and deception of the SPLC should be enough. And I have only addressed the company’s fund raising and investment practices so far, the details I have discovered about Morris Dees are reason for him to be removed entirely from any position in which honesty, integrity and compassion are desirable. I shall address these details in my next entry.

Sources:
    1. Movie information: http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/1270...Story/overview
    2. Case docket Donald v. United Klans of America: http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...ans-of-america
    3. The American Resistance: http://www.theamericanresistance.com/articles/html
    4. YourDictionary Biography: http://biography.yourdictionary.com/morris-s-dees-jr
    5. Non-Profit issues: http://www.nonprofitissues.com/publi...l#.UE2f3sIlXk4
    6. Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souther...rty_Law_Center
    7. Council of conservative citizens: http://cofcc.org/2012/07/splc-is-fig...or-106k-a-day/
    8. CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/17/us/us-...ile/index.html
    9. SPLC Hate Mape: http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map

http://salientsight.com/nurdydancing...ty-law-center/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the "Hate map":

Poker Face
    Allentown, PA
    Racist Music

That's a RP band...

I also see a lot of Catholic, Baptist, etc groups. Not a Jewish group on the map.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    From the "Hate map":

Poker Face
    Allentown, PA
    Racist Music

That's a RP band...

I also see a lot of Catholic, Baptist, etc groups. Not a Jewish group on the map.

-t
    If you look close enough, you will probably find yourself.
    "The Patriarch"

Most of the people listed on that map deserve to be there. Black separatist groups, skinheads, etc.

I checked out their FB (Poker Face) and they aren't coming off that list:

America... Until you can deal with the truth and facts that Israel is the leading TERRORIST nation and responsible for 9/11, 3/11, 7/7 and a host of other terrorist hits around the world, then you will never be able to help America free herself from this evul syndicate of death... WTFU please and help save your country NOW!!
    They believe in conspiracy theories that say Israel is behind 9/11 and other incidents (the Sikh Temple shooting and the incident in Aurora)

The information contained within the Sex, Lies and Politiks album is an in-depth look into the conspiracies and cover-ups committed by a government that serves the agendas of money hungry elitists the control the world, hell bent on domination of the human race.
    Mitt aitn $#@! Romney is another crypto joo patsie... His handler is DOVy Zakheim. The COmptroller of the Pentago who stole over 3.2 trillion. Enough to pay for the black ops 911 false flag event to get the US to do Israels bidding in the Middle east and attack arab countries on lies and deceit.
    This joo owned tool wants to be our president, Dov Zakheim is his handler.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,2245561.story

sad gathering of pro Mitt aint $#@! Romboids.
    At leat Ron Paul PACKS the place he speaks at. He is the REAL front runner, but you would never know because the joo owend press will never tell you.
    Before the joos did 911, they were heavily involved with the OKC bombing thanks to joo assets Andreas Strassmeier and his handler Morris Sleeze at the SPLC
    Imagine if Poker Face trespassed into the main sin-agog down in DC and started singing our Christian songs, while we burned their Menorah or some other jewish paraphernalia inside the temple.

The public/jewish media out cry would be huge. Maybe we just might do something like this to shove the same $#@! up their ass.
    That's them discussing the Pussy Riot controversy and linking to a site called www.realjewnews.com

The joos running our government are running scared. Why do you think they have passed the bills like NDAA to deal with those that love the truth and want NO MORE WARS FOR ISRAHELL???
    The Hutaree militia used their music for some training videos as well. Here's that info along with some more Jewish hate:

HEADLINES: Hutaree Militia acquitted of the serious charge of Conspiracy...
    Judge is dismissing all charges but 2 gun charges against father and son stone. Probably more governmental BS charges just like the original charges...

Today is VINDICATION DAY for Poker Face since we have gotten 6 front page articles in our local jewspapers over the Hutaree and their use of our music for their training v
    ideos. 6. Our position was that they were innocent until proven guilty. Our local Jew owned media already had them guilty and wanting to execute them...

Then they got the local ADL parasites to call us all the HATEFUL names they bray at those who truly love amerika and are trying to prevent the jews and their revolutionaries from overthrowing our Constitution and Government.

Articves to follow. Poker Face will be releasing a press release on all of this soon.
    http://hutareedonations.chipin.com/hutaree-donations
    Innocent until proven guilty. Since this was a joo setup from the beginning, i would venture to guess they are innocent of the BS charges they face.
    They think that Kokesh is a Mossad agent and they hate the Pauls now.

RAND PAUL is becoming a tool more and more everyday. In the process has made himself irrelevant to the freedom movement. TIme to make him a ONE term Senator.
    The Pauls in general have been sucking as of late. Please people, stop this worshi
    p of the cults of personalities the Pauls have become. They no longer are bearer of the freedom flag we all fight for.
    Hopefully RAND Paul will get some balls now and start dismantling the joo sponsored tyrannical laws that are about to plunge Amerika into the dark ages... One can only hope.
    Throughout their posts they also refer to Obama as Obongo and make reference to a conspiracy theory that Lady Gaga killed her song writing partner in a "Joo blood ritual". Good riddance morons.
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 09-18-2012 at 10:58 PM.

I hate the SPLC. Besides being ideologically reprehensible, the organization is first and foremost one of the largest scams in history of nonprofits. The rich white liberals that donate to it are as stupid as they are evil, because the bulk of their money is going to maintain the lavish lifestyle of Morris Dees.

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    The Hutaree militia used their music for some training videos as well. Here's that info along with some more Jewish hate:
    And that means what?
    You do know that the Hutaree were set up and were eventually acquitted.
    They were also Pro-Israel,, before their site was defaced..

A lot of people equate Zionism with Jews.. It is unfortunate,, but deliberate. The false jews have been inciting hatred against Jews for hundreds of years.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Interesting article about Morris Dees.

Morris Dees, Pathological Narcissist and Ultra-Creep
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Watching the Watchdogs

https://rkeefe57.wordpress.com/page/2/

Last year his “hate group” count “exploded” from 1,002 to 1,017, or 1.5%. In 2009, the first year of the Obama Administration and the worst year of the Great Recession, the count “exploded by 6 groups, or six-tenths of a percent, the lowest increase in SPLC history.
    In 2010, Potok bumped the number of “hate groups” up by 70, but the number of homeless “hate groups” actually increased by 99 for the same year.
    True to form, Mr. Potok bumped his numbers up by 15 “groups” for 2011, including 20 entries for a new “group,” the Georgia Militia. Oddly enough, Mr. Potok can’t seem to locate 18 of those units.

Last edited by Pericles; 09-19-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    And that means what?
    You do know that the Hutaree were set up and were eventually acquitted.
    They were also Pro-Israel,, before their site was defaced..

A lot of people equate Zionism with Jews.. It is unfortunate,, but deliberate. The false jews have been inciting hatred against Jews for hundreds of years.
    Did you not read any of what I posted?

Can anyone verify the allegations here against Morris Dees:

http://www.zianet.com/web/dees2.htm

Did you not read any of what I posted?
    Yes I did.
    It was a bunch of crap.

Apparently cherry-picked comments of unknown origin.
    Zionism is one of the greatest evils,, and threats in the world today. Many folks equate it with Jews,, and don't understand that False Jews have done that deliberately.

So what does the Hutaree using Pokerface Music have to do with anything?
    And why did you post it as if it had any meaning?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

From the "Hate map":

Poker Face
    Allentown, PA
    Racist Music

That's a RP band...

-t
    Jewish Defense League

General Hate

San Diego
    Jewish Defense League

General Hate

Los Angeles

Jewish Political Action Committee

Anti-Gay

Brooklyn
    Jewish Task Force

General Hate

Fresh Meadows

From the "Hate map":

Poker Face
    Allentown, PA
    Racist Music

That's a RP band...

-t
    Do any of their lyrics support this?
    I am the spoon.

Most of the people listed on that map deserve to be there. Black separatist groups, skinheads, etc.

I checked out their FB (Poker Face) and they aren't coming off that list:

They believe in conspiracy theories that say Israel is behind 9/11 and other incidents (the Sikh Temple shooting and the incident in Aurora)

That's them discussing the Pussy Riot controversy and linking to a site called www.realjewnews.com

They think that Kokesh is a Mossad agent and they hate the Pauls now.

Throughout their posts they also refer to Obama as Obongo and make reference to a conspiracy theory that Lady Gaga killed her song writing partner in a "Joo blood ritual". Good riddance morons.
    And.....?

Last I checked, your allowed to have "crazy" opinions.
    Rand Paul 2016

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I checked out their FB (Poker Face) and they aren't coming off that list

This is Poker Face

And no, they won't be coming off the list, obviously.

But many of you will save the location of this video.
    We have allies many of you are not aware of. Watch the tube. Show this to your 30 and under friends. Listen to it. Even if you don't like rap, it has 2.7 million views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmBnvajSfWU#t=0m16s

Cut off one min early to avoid war porn.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2 View Post
    This is Poker Face

And no, they won't be coming off the list, obviously.

But many of you will save the location of this video.
    Good song.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 10-28-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    "The Patriarch"