Thread: Ron Paul 's Position Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission

Default Ron Paul 's Position Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission

I have looked around quite a bit to find Ron Paul's position on the Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission Supreme Court Ruling. Ron Paul as said numerous times Corps. are not people and that natural rights apply to the individual. So It was concerning when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the First Amendment that Corp. have rights and the right to speech was one of them. Which means freedom of expression, so Corp. can spend freely on elections. However if the Supreme voted that Only the individual were entitled to rights and not Organization groups like Freedom Works and others may be subjected to laws regulating what they can and can't do. What they can say. It feels like a damned if you do or damned if you don't moment.

It is a hard concept to grapple with and I was hoping one of you could fill me in.
    Last edited by chickensguys; 09-18-2012 at 09:37 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He does not believe in corporate personhood, but he thinks people should be able to spend as much money as they want on whatever they want.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden