Thread: Dollar no longer welcome at Taj Mahal

Dollar no longer welcome at Taj Mahal

Dollar no longer welcome at Taj Mahal

Independent UK
    19 November 2007

The Taj Mahal may have been built as a testament to love but some hard-headed business decisions are now holding sway at India's most famous monument. First among them is that the US dollar is no longer welcome.

With parts of the American economy in turmoil and the dollar rapidly losing its long-held position as the currency of choice, Indian authorities have calculated they are losing considerable sums of money by allowing foreign tourists to pay using greenbacks.

A statement by India's Ministry for Tourism and Culture said the government had decided to act "in view of the international practices and also to avoid any anomaly on account of falling exchange rates of the US dollar vis-a-vis the rupee and the consequent fall in revenues".

http://travel.independent.co.uk/news...cle3174388.ece
    Last edited by FrankRep; 11-19-2007 at 09:45 AM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Breaking News: an Al Queda terrorist cell is believed to be operating from within the Taj Mahal! U.S. Centcom reports that the terrorist hideout has been struck with 23 tomahawk cruise missiles.

Its A Conspiracy!!!!

We need to free those guys from the tyrannical bonds that keep them........in critical thinking?
    http://freeme.tv get the latest in videos for Ron Paul around the net.

Also check out the Ron Paul Newsroom

Grassroots supporter and blogger, check it out!! http://www.politicallore.com/

"Dont tax me. Bro!!"

i live in europe now and dollar is not very popular here. i have so much problem trying to exchange my dollars that i switched to euros all at once. Plus, dollar is so weak that American tourists are reconsidering their vacation plans to europe. . I have friends who come and visit every summer but last summer lot of them didnt come because dollar was so weak.
    Just remember... Price of security is freedom. RG