Thread: Maryland Police Are Deploying Cameras To Watch Other Cameras

Maryland Police Are Deploying Cameras To Watch Other Cameras

http://www.businessinsider.com/ameri...aryland-2012-9

snip:
    Police in Palmer Park, Md., plan to deploy cameras to surveil the other other cameras in their district.

Ari Ash of WTOP talked to police in the area, who said that local people had started targeting the speed cameras police put up in intersections, as well as surveillance cameras. The police said that since April, six people have been involved camera damaging activities.

One man literally pulled out a pistol and used the camera for target practice. Police found another speed camera flipped over—leading police to believe a gang of people committed the crime, considering the weight of the camera. Then there was the camera set up on a stand, near FedEx Field. A man walked up to it, cut off one of the legs, and walked away.
    Been a long time....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, just take out the camera watching the other camera, then take out the other camera. Unless you literally setup a system where each camera is being watched by another camera, then it makes no sense to add additional camera's. In other words - more Government idiots.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    So, just take out the camera watching the other camera, then take out the other camera. Unless you literally setup a system where each camera is being watched by another camera, then it makes no sense to add additional camera's. In other words - more Government idiots.
    Sounds like the old "Mexican stand-off." How about a camera watching the camera watching the camera?
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-14-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Sounds like the old "Mexican stand-off." How about a camera watching the camera watching the camera?
    Can they afford enough cameras to complete the circle? The press release suggests not. In fact, the press release suggests they can't afford any more cameras than they have now. If you want to catch a miscreant, you don't warn the miscreant. You just dangle--and watch--the bait. If they're making press releases, they're bluffing. They want to save their remaining cameras through b.s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

blimps & drones
    blimps & drones

sung to "silver & gold"

Why does the phrase "circle jerk" come to mind ... ?

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

The speed cameras cost way more than the standard cameras, about $30,000 , and have to be certified and such, so they can probably install 300 standard cameras for the cost of a single speed camera.
    That being said, a box of 500 rounds of pellet ammo cost about $5, so I think it's a loosing battle for the cops.
    Been a long time....

Sounds like paint ball targets to me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Story reminds me of this:

Manager: Yeah, well, it all goes on your permanent record. I'm sorry, but if you don't come up with that money by tomorrow, the bank is going to take your house.
    Homer: Well, good luck finding it, because I'm going to take the numbers off tonight!
    Manager: Well, we'll look for the house with no numbers.
    Homer: Then I'll take off the numbers on my neighbor's house.
    Manager: So, well then we'll look for the house _next_ to the house with no numbers.
    Homer: [thinks for a bit] All right, you'll get your money.

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F14.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Sounds like paint ball targets to me.
    Probably the same punishment for shooting it with a paint ball as with a pellet gun, might as well make it count.
    Been a long time....

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Why does the phrase "circle jerk" come to mind ... ?
    Must have just read one of my posts.
    "The Patriarch"

May courageous patriots do this to every god damned government surveillance camera across the land.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    blimps & drones
    blimps & drones

sung to "silver & gold"
    Blimps and drones,
    Blimps and drones,

Government can see if you're sleeping alone,
    Government can see if you've buttered your scones,
    Government can see if you've paid all your loans,
    Government can hear your frustrated groans,
    Government will tell you that liberty has flown,
    Government will insist that you atone,

All because you want nothing more,
    Than to be left the $#@! alone,
    From blimps and drones.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-15-2012 at 12:19 PM.

A line from the movie Enemy of the State: "And who is going to monitor the monitors of the monitors?"
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Not The Onion?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    May courageous patriots do this to every god damned government surveillance camera across the land.

Amen.
    Amen indeed
    Those who expect to reap the blessings of liberty must undergo the fatigues of supporting it ~Thomas Paine

Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security ~Norman Vincent Peale

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Not The Onion?
    No, "The Onion" is old news. The things happening now are real. I don't think "The Onion" will be able to keep up with the dark days facing this benighted land.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Who watches the Watchmen?

The Watchmen.
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

There are some pretty nice areas in western MD, but the main cities, anywhere around Baltimore, are complete hellholes from the little that I've seen. Talk about an ideal place to be when TSHTF... /sarc

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingwes_8 View Post
    Amen indeed
    Lord, hear our prayer.