Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse Benton: Why I joined Mitch McConnell’s team

Jesse Benton: Why I joined Mitch McConnell’s team

Why I joined Mitch McConnell’s team

By Jesse Benton
    11:43 AM 09/14/2012

I discovered Mitch McConnell on May 22, 2010.

Of course, as a budding young politico, I had followed Sen. McConnell for more than a decade. I respected his achievements and understood his importance, but it was that day that I was first allowed an inside look at the man who led my party in the United States Senate.

May 22 was five days after Rand Paul’s primary victory and any celebration we enjoyed had been short-lived. The liberal media was circling, the national Democratic machine was cranking up its attacks and Kentucky Republicans were deeply divided after a contentious spring campaign. The tea party won the primary, but the tea party alone would not be enough to win a general election in a state where Democrats held a 2-to-1 registration advantage.

Rand and I rode to Frankfort that morning not knowing what to expect. What we experienced was a very real GOP Unity Rally that had been put together by the only man capable of doing so: Senator Mitch McConnell.

read more:
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/14/wh...connells-team/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Benton's toast, he just doesn't realize it yet.

Wow. that article made me want to puke. Especially this line: "But Mitch McConnell has shown that regardless of the political party or the public sentiment, he will be an unwavering defender of our constitutional rights."

What was not said in the article is that McConnell started cozying up to Rand and the Tea Party in general when he realized that his political behind was on the line. Far from being a gesture of friendship, it was a selfish gesture of self-preservation. Mitch knew the political winds were about to blow him right out of office...so he had to adapt.

Dousing the flames with gasoline.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It's as if he never even listened to anything Ron Paul has said over the years.

What a joke. Someone needs to inform Jesse that McConnel's votes on illegal wiretapping and the Patriot Act are not supporting the Consitution.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Something tells me he doesn't exactly completely subscribe to Ron Paul's beliefs. The very beginning of the article kinda states that "Of course, as a budding young politico, I had followed Sen. McConnell for more than a decade. I respected his achievements and understood his importance..."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LBennett76 View Post
    Wow. that article made me want to puke. Especially this line: "But Mitch McConnell has shown that regardless of the political party or the public sentiment, he will be an unwavering defender of our constitutional rights."
    LOL!

My theory for a while now is that some running policy in his campaign were more standard southern conservatives of the 'regional block' variety. There are areas where we would agree, fiscally, for example and in the general nature of states' reservation of authority, but so much of the principled philosophy simply isn't there.

Ron really needs true believers or at least those who 'get it' and will implement it as their job description, at the highest policy driving roles. One reason I was sorry to see Bierdfield (sp?) and Gary Howard leave was that they 'got it'. I'm sure there are others in there who do, they should be in the policy making roles, imho. And seriously, Ron needs to get a handle on this fast, and unfortunately if he is leaving it to the same people to make business decisions, they are never going to recommend their own replacement. Which is a shame.

In a corporate sense it is possible a nuts and bolts only person could do simple business management stuff, but the people management and communication, and policy determinations really need to be by or at least run by a true believer.

Note, some states had great people. I want Forsythe in the US Congress, House or Senate, but if he weren't interested in that, he would b spectacular. That guy in Maine could do it. Marianne Stebbins, but I want her in Congress as well. There may be a bunch inside the organization who just are under the decisionmaking of those who don't get it, who do. There are tons of us. Pick one.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-14-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

It's extremely clear that whether he listened to RP or not, he definitely didn't "get it".

I think that there is a serious issue that needs to be investigated as to who Benton was really working for while heading the Paul campaign, and whether there are one or more criminal acts of fraud involved.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    It's extremely clear that whether he listened to RP or not, he definitely didn't "get it".

I think that there is a serious issue that needs to be investigated as to who Benton was really working for while heading the Paul campaign, and whether there are one or more criminal acts of fraud involved.
    Jesse get's it. That is why he's working for the mob.... I never trusted this guy from day 1.

This is hilarious. You've just sealed your fate Benton.
    RON PAUL 2012

LIBERTY FOR LIFE

I move that this thread and everything else about Benton and McConnell be moved to "Opposing Candidates."

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I move that this thread and everything else about Benton and McConnell be moved to "Opposing Candidates."
    Seconded.

"During the next two years, I will have the privilege of serving as Sen. McConnell’s campaign manager. It is a tremendous opportunity and one that I do not take lightly. This will be much more than just another race for me. I am truly honored to be able to help re-elect a man who can bring Americans together to solve the serious problems we face."

Never has a glorified gofer so wished he was so important.

More coffee Sen. McConnell?

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/14/wh...#ixzz26TBJH7uo

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seconded.
    Thirdededed.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Thirdededed.
    Fourth..fourthed...+1

If rand uses Benton in 2016 this movement is toast.

Maybe not the movement as a whole...but certainly yhr electoral part of it.
    Last edited by TomtheTinker; 09-14-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Of course, as a budding young politico
    In the USSR he would have been called an apparatchik. ( аппара́тчик )

James Billington describes one as "a man not of grand plans, but of a hundred carefully executed details." It often is considered a derogatory term, with negative connotations in terms of the quality, competence, and attitude of a person thus described.

That's all he wants out of this, a career and paycheck.

For him, this never was about ideas, or saving the republic, or energizing a whole swath of pissed off and disillusioned American people.

No, that was, in fact, a hindrance, an embarrassment, a drag to explain on the DC coke hunting, hooker chasing circuit.

What a joke.

Throw him in the woods.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-14-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Fourth..fourthed...+1
    fiftheded

Quote Originally Posted by LBennett76 View Post
    God damned vipers... all of them. Benton is LITERALLY Judas. Hope he enjoys his 30 pieces of silver from the blood money of McConnell's coffers.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

James Billington describes one as "a man not of grand plans, but of a hundred carefully executed details." It often is considered a derogatory term, with negative connotations in terms of the quality, competence, and attitude of a person thus described.

For him, this never was about ideas, or saving the republic, or energizing a whole swath of pissed off and disillusioned American people.

No, that was, in fact, a hindrance, an embarrassment, a drag to explain on the DC coke hunting, hooker chasing circuit.

What a joke.

Throw him in the woods.
    +rep...I think that probably describes far too many people, in the liberty movement and out.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-14-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Jesse Benton: Satan incarnate.

I hope Valerie (sp?) believes in divorce.

___

I hope everyone has seen Adam Kokesh's video on the subject.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

No, that was, in fact, a hindrance, an embarrassment, a drag to explain on the DC coke hunting, hooker chasing, wife swapping circuit.

What a joke.

Throw him in the woods.
    but you see its all part of the plan... he's a secret liberty lover sent off to sabatoge that evil mr mconoll..... YOULLL SEEEEEE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    Jesse Benton: Satan incarnate.

I hope Valerie (sp?) believes in divorce.

___

I hope everyone has seen Adam Kokesh's video on the subject.
    link?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Fourth..fourthed...+1
    whatevercomesnexteded

With all this Benton hating.. I assume the same thing is occuring on dailypaul. Wouldn't Carol be reading about people talking trash about her grandson-in-law? ;o

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    With all this Benton hating.. I assume the same thing is occuring on dailypaul. Wouldn't Carol be reading about people talking trash about her grandson-in-law? ;o
    I have no idea what she thinks of Benton.

But, if (Grand)Mother in Law thinks (Grand) Son in Law is a schmuck...

Not exactly breaking news there.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast