Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CA reg voters must FAX from COUNTY RECORDERnotarized forms 4 RP votes 2 count-FORMS INSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    I wish I could. But I am not 35. I'm only 27.
    you have to be 35 to an elector?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    you have to be 35 to an elector?
    I'll check but I don't think so, just a registered voter in CA.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, the elector doesn't have to be 35, just the presidential candidate we pledge to (Ron Paul) has to be 35. Here are the requirements. You just need to be a registered vter in CA. http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/2012...or-nov2012.pdf
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by zeloc View Post
    I'm confused by this thread, isn't it always okay to write-in candidates? What is the purpose of notarizing these forms, is it to get Ron Paul's name on the ballot?

Also, why any effort to write-in or get Ron Paul's name on the ballot when he has made it absolutely clear that he has dropped out of the race and has no intention of re-entering? I was an ardent Ron Paul supporter and was pushing that he run as a third party/independent when it became mathematically clear that he wasn't getting the Republican nomination (although that was disputed here) and at a time when third party threads were being actively deleted although we could have accomplished something at that time and maybe convinced Dr. Paul when there was still time to get on the ballot in almost all 50 states. But now? When he has made it completely clear that he has no interest in running?
    These RP supporters don't give a damn about liberty, they only care about worshiping Ron Paul. They are the reason why we are called Paulbots.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    These RP supporters don't give a damn about liberty, they only care about worshiping Ron Paul. They are the reason why we are called Paulbots.
    dude.. some poeple DO NOT SUPPORT JOHNSON... get it. Johnson has no hope in hell anyway so the result is all the same anyways. For many poeple, this is the first time many are voting with conviction. That is poeple with not vote for either of the 2 evils. So you do what you think you must. Ron Paul is the gold standard, there is none like him.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomordeath View Post
    dude.. some poeple DO NOT SUPPORT JOHNSON... get it. Johnson has no hope in hell anyway so the result is all the same anyways. For many poeple, this is the first time many are voting with conviction. That is poeple with not vote for either of the 2 evils. So you do what you think you must. Ron Paul is the gold standard, there is none like him.
    Writing in a candidate who has declared he has no desire to become President and is not actually running when there is a perfectly good candidate on your ballot already, is silly.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

SRSLY?

Your candidate doesn't say 'liberty' to me, so I am voting for my own. Keep your insults, thanks.

Writing in a candidate who has declared he has no desire to become President and is not actually running when there is a perfectly good candidate on your ballot already, is silly.
    You think he is perfectly good, not all of us do.

And note this is Ron Paul's forum, and you can cut down his supporters for supporting him somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    any updates? got the form yet SA?
    OK, I got a package from the Secretary of State's office and can have the form typed up tomorrow. Does anyone have a good document upload site? I've done it with pictures but not documents.

Also, to those Californian registered voters who are signing up as electors, (and eleganz) who should we put as VP? I'm sort of thinking we should stay away from the celebrity names like Napalitano and just go with someone like Mary if she want to be. (only I'm not sure she's 35, and the VP has to be.) Someone not holding a GOP office. But I'm open to suggestion. The person has to be 35, a natural born citizen who has lived in the US for 14 years, and reside in a state other than Texas.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-17-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    OK, I got a package from the Secretary of State's office and can have the form typed up tomorrow. Does anyone have a good document upload site? I've done it with pictures but not documents.

Also, to those Californian registered voters who are signing up as electors, (and eleganz) who should we put as VP? I'm sort of thinking we should stay away from the celebrity names like Napalitano and just go with someone like Mary if she want to be. (only I'm not sure she's 35, and the VP has to be.) Someone not holding a GOP office. But I'm open to suggestion. The person has to be 35, a natural born citizen who has lived in the US for 14 years, and reside in a state other than Texas.
    Sailingaway, have you ever used dropbox? it's free and easy to use, if you can use WindowsExplorer. Just put your stuff in the "public" folder in your account and copy the link (right click on document name there, copy public link) and you can paste it here for people to download from.

edit: That's were I put pictures, documents and programs that I post links to here and other places.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 09-17-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    awwww, dang. i was gonna say put me as VP. sailing, you always told me I should run for some kind of office, why not VP? but alas, i am not yet 35.

Here's an idea: put my dad as VP! (ClydeCoulter) He could write off the money he used to visit California as a campaign expense! heehee...

but seriously, he would do an excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by KerriAnn View Post
    awwww, dang. i was gonna say put me as VP. sailing, you always told me I should run for some kind of office, why not VP? but alas, i am not yet 35.
    Dang, indeed!

I have no problem with your Dad, and I agree he would do an excellent job. Let's see what the other electors want. If someone here really wants to be, and if it would help turn Californians into electors, that would give them an edge. Otherwise, it is just a matter of if your Dad wants his info out there.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-17-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Sailingaway, have you ever used dropbox? it's free and easy to use, if you can use WindowsExplorer. Just put your stuff in the "public" folder in your account and copy the link (right click on document name there, copy public link) and you can paste it here for people to download from.

edit: That's were I put pictures, documents and programs that I post links to here and other places.
    thank you! I will try dropbox tomorrow, then!

Sailing, why don`t you run for VP?

**Snip**, and reside in a state other than Texas.
    Why no Texans? just being curious

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Why no Texans? just being curious
    Because Ron resides in Texas. The VP needs to be from a different state, that is why Cheney moved when he and Bush were running together.

Quote Originally Posted by Endthefednow View Post
    Sailing, why don`t you run for VP?
    I have no interest in it. It might be fun for someone, though.

I have the form typed up except for the VP, whom we need to choose. I will wait to let people chime in tonight or I'm going with ClydeCoulter if he's willing. I want that blank filled in, I don't want our votes scattered just because we have different VPs.

I couldn't find the free drop box, though, the one I found is $795 a year or something. Clyde when you see this, do you have a link to that service? Otherwise if someone else has a document upload service they like, please let me know!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm actually somewhat surprised that neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have ever tried to game the Elector system before, now that I really think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    dropbox free accout exists

https://www.dropbox.com/pricing
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivash View Post
    I'm actually somewhat surprised that neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have ever tried to game the Elector system before, now that I really think about it.
    except they are the ones with a power stake in making it look as if current elections are legitimate expressions of the people's will.

OK, well, right now the form has CLYDE COULTER in for VP candidate. Other suggestions need to be received tonight because tomorrow I am posting it in final so people can gather electors and get their signatures notarized.

OK, well, right now the form has CLYDE COULTER in for VP candidate. Other suggestions need to be received tonight because tomorrow I am posting it in final so people can gather electors and get their signatures notarized.
    do we need to coordinate this VP nomination effort with the rest of CA, or other states?
    (omg, this is so cool).

do we need to coordinate this VP nomination effort with the rest of CA, or other states?
    (omg, this is so cool).
    Hm. I see your point. If the electors have to vote nationwide.... I don't know if we are going to be able to 'get it out', in CA, if people write 'Ron Paul' they don't have to know the name of his VP, so long as the 55 elector forms say the same VP we are fine. That is why I want to fill it in on the form, not leave it to be filled in. Last time other states put him on the ballot but at the moment I don't know of any this time. So at the moment I'm proceeding with CA on its own. If people think that is a problem, let me know.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-18-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Once we have it filed we have to let the rest of CA know it is filed though so a bunch of others don't do the same thing. Also so they know he is an option to vote for.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's an idea: put my dad as VP! (ClydeCoulter) He could write off the money he used to visit California as a campaign expense! heehee...

but seriously, he would do an excellent job.
    Does your dad yet know he just became Ron Paul's VP in CA?

Awesome. With the age thing straightened out, I'll definitely be an elector. Post the thing here and I'll print it off. I know at least a few others who would be willing to go in as well. I think I can get a total of 5, including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Awesome. With the age thing straightened out, I'll definitely be an elector. Post the thing here and I'll print it off. I know at least a few others who would be willing to go in as well. I think I can get a total of 5, including myself.
    Excellent! I have the form done but I'm going to get a post office box to post as the address to send it to, tomorrow. It occurred to me that since I am circulating this by tweets and on the internet, I'd rather not put my home address on the form.

Excellent! I have the form done but I'm going to get a post office box to post as the address to send it to, tomorrow. It occurred to me that since I am circulating this by tweets and on the internet, I'd rather not put my home address on the form.
    Good idea, the P.O Box, we don't was to lose our mod

edit: And I can't afford to come to CA to find you, right now (ask KerriAnn about that) (maybe would have to do a chipin)
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 09-18-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast