Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: CA reg voters must FAX from COUNTY RECORDERnotarized forms 4 RP votes 2 count-FORMS INSIDE

meanwhile, when I went to mail my filing package I stopped at my mailbox and had two more forms, so I reprised the filing package which I sent by overnight US mail (will get there Monday, deadline Tuesday) and sent all 34. However, one has a PO box address in the place of residence address. I did email the guy and ask him, earlier this week, if he could redo that and send it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    You have 32? Do you have a good handle on how many others there are that have already been filed or being sent directly?
    ie, Are you hopeful that Ron will be a valid/legal writein in CA?
    I don't really have a good handle on it, one guy posted at DP saying he was 'willing to make sure it happened' and was going to help, and we sent out info to meetups, Gail's group knows about the different VP and that we have more with your name than they have for sure with Karen's (they have 10 already at SOS with three on the way, I think, and can't change those), and at least one person there posted she was sending hers directly with your name as VP, and we've been bumping the thread (bumping the DP one again would be great!: http://www.dailypaul.com/258570/this...rms-by-october )

In the last two days I've received 8, since we started pushing, and I asked people to start sending them directly to the SOS, Wednesday. (I will try the fax route for those I receive after now, but I've been asking people to send them directly.)

So, no, I don't have a good handle on it, but am hoping it will happen, particularly now that I know about the ability to fax them in some way ( I still have to get the details of that on Monday but I think you have to take them to your county office and they fax them, to show they have the original or something.)
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-20-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I only read the first page, but does this really matter in California?

The state is solid BLUE, Romney will lose by a landslide and Obama will get all the electoral votes. If this was in a state where it's a tossup or close like; Nevada, Ohio, Colorado, North Carolina, Florida, New Hampshire and or Virginia... then it would matter.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 10-21-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Does this really matter in California?

The state is BLUE, Romney will lose by a landslide and Obama will get all the electoral votes. If this was in a state where it's a tossup or close like; Nevada, Ohio, Colorado, North Carolina, Florida, New Hampshire... then it would matter.
    I'm not sure what you are suggesting, that our votes have no value and we shouldn't vote for the person we feel is the best candidate? Because I have to vote on propositions anyhow, and want to register a protest. And if possible, I'd like that protest counted at for Ron himself, not just for 'none of the above', although that would be second best imho. It being my vote, it matters to me.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-21-2012 at 08:32 AM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I'm not sure what you are suggesting, that our votes have no value and we shouldn't vote for the person we feel is the best candidate? Because I have to vote on propositions anyhow, and want to register a protest.
    They have no value in California at this time... spend the resources help those states where it does matter in this election, as previously mention.

This is the general election, California is Obama's
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 10-21-2012 at 08:34 AM.

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    They have no value it California at this time... spend the resource help those states where it does matter in this election
    This is too cryptic to respond to. If my vote doesn't matter, how is it a 'resource'? However, it isn't a resource, it is my vote, and I'm voting for the candidate I want. And I'm trying to make them count it for him, just as you presumably want your vote counted for the one you want to vote for.

There's nothing cryptic. It's the facts. But go ahead... waste your time in California. I'd send money and help to those states that mean a difference in this Obama/Romney election next month or as a minimum, force a Romney loss in any of those states.

All that's left is 2 bull$#@! choices... so help eliminate the one that sabotaged Ron Paul and the movement... that's Romney. Take Romney away from a win in Florida, Ohio, Virigina, New Hampshire, etc.

If you want to spin your cycles and money in California, go ahead. It won't make one bit of difference in the election Nov 6.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 10-21-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I have sent money to other states (there is certainly no one here worth funding.) However, I am going to vote and I have wanted to vote for Ron all year. Why does it matter to you what I do if my vote doesn't matter anyhow?

Go ahead... waste your time/money for the Nov 6th Election in California... It won't make one damn difference. If it were the GOP primary it would, but now it doesn't.

Where does it make a difference? In the states where Obama, Biden, Romney, Ryan are basically living in, those states that will go either way.

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

But I don't live there, so I'm working on what I have where I do live and it is a matter of principle to me to try to get my vote for Ron Paul counted. And I don't care which way the election goes between Obama and Romney.

Or rather, I care very much, but when you add it all up, I don't have a preference. I dislike both.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.

bump

Sailing, thank you very much for your reply. Based on your response I will write Ron in as my Washington state vote but with full name and party.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeP View Post
    Sailing, thank you very much for your reply. Based on your response I will write Ron in as my Washington state vote but with full name and party.
    I hope it works out for you. I'm hoping to do the same. At least the Ron Paul part. I'm not sure just how to word it on the ballot. I've seen some write Congressman Ron Paul which seems to be pretty clear for an honest person tallying a total.

America is going to have to stand and be counted as we are accountable for the actions of our government.

I don't mind being part of a turning tide and have others claim I'm throwing my vote away. I'd feel worse if I was throwing my country away.

I don't know who made this. I sure hope they don't mind me spreading it around a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I hope it works out for you. I'm hoping to do the same. At least the Ron Paul part. I'm not sure just how to word it on the ballot. I've seen some write Congressman Ron Paul which seems to be pretty clear for an honest person tallying a total.

America is going to have to stand and be counted as we are accountable for the actions of our government.

I don't mind being part of a turning tide and have others claim I'm throwing my vote away. I'd feel worse if I was throwing my country away.

I don't know who made this. I sure hope they don't mind me spreading it around a little.
    In California you can write 'Ron Paul' but if he is certified you can look it up on the web page how they have it. Our forms have 'Ron Paul' and Gail's last time also had 'Ron Paul', I'm not sure what the effort with the Judge as VP has. But I read in some of the SOS stuff that it just has to be clear who you mean.

Since our forms DON'T have "Ronald Earnest Paul" in CA I'd just write Ron Paul, but LukeP has requirements to state the full name and party, in order for it to be counted if it would change the vote outcome, in Washington.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-21-2012 at 08:37 PM.

In California you can write 'Ron Paul' but if he is certified you can look it up on the web page how they have it. Our forms have 'Ron Paul' and Gail's last time also had 'Ron Paul', I'm not sure what the effort with the Judge as VP has. But I read in some of the SOS stuff that it just has to be clear who you mean.

Since our forms DON'T have "Ronald Earnest Paul" in CA I'd just write Ron Paul, but LukeP has requirements to state the full name and party, in order for it to be counted if it would change the vote outcome, in Washington.
    Any idea if we'll have a spot to write in Clyde Coulter that makes it clear?

My sample ballot is the Republican version I think. It just has a small empty blank spot. I was wondering if another party ballot might look a little clearer.

One thing for sure I better have it figured out before I start trying to cram in there what ever I come up with. There sure isn't enough room to be getting artistic and still get it counted.

Any idea if we'll have a spot to write in Clyde Coulter that makes it clear?

My sample ballot is the Republican version I think. It just has a small empty blank spot. I was wondering if another party ballot might look a little clearer.

One thing for sure I better have it figured out before I start trying to cram in there what ever I come up with. There sure isn't enough room to be getting artistic.
    Unless he is certified as a write in candidate w/ Clyde Coulter as VP we might want to consider not writing that (KerriAnn should, of course) because we might want to argue they should take 55 with various VPS and at least count RON's votes, if there are 55 for Ron. Don't know if that argument would go anywhere, but if there aren't 55 for any one VP...

However, It is a little space so you could write it little, maybe Ron Paul/ then underneath Clyde Coulter. If I send mine in before the 26th I may just write 'Ron Paul' since I don't know which VP will get it, if he is certified.

In California you can write 'Ron Paul' but if he is certified you can look it up on the web page how they have it.
    That will help clear it up quit a bit.

When I signed the Elector form in my mind at the time was I was swearing to vote Ron Paul / Clyde Coulter. I'm still pretty keen on doing so on the ballot even if it causes someone some confusion. Still it troubles me. I hope we get a certification like you mentioned before.

That will help clear it up quit a bit.

When I signed the Elector form in my mind at the time was I was swearing to vote Ron Paul / Clyde Coulter. I'm still pretty keen on doing so on the ballot even if it causes someone some confusion. Still it troubles me. I hope we get a certification like you mentioned before.

As I read it you (and I) were pledging to Ron Paul/Clyde Coulter in our vote as ELECTORS to the electoral college, should Ron win the state, not pledging how we would vote on our ballot. The form says 'As electors' when it speaks of being pledged.

but I hope we have 55 for Ron and Clyde Coulter in which case it won't be an issue.

My thinking is that we should all simply write "Ron Paul". Or at least that's what I'm thinking right now.

It seems likely that we may not have the 55 elector forms filed for RP/Clyde Coulter, but we will most likely have more than 55 for Ron Paul with various VPs. Since our main goal here is to have our votes counted for RP, I think we should just write his name without a designated VP, and hope that the elector forms for RP will be lumped together.

I'm just playing the odds, since we don't have enough information to go on.

Sailing, when you call the SOC, can you ask about the VPs? Is there any way to get info about how many RP elector forms had which VPs on them? Maybe when we get a total count on forms we can make a more informed decision about how to write the name...

Quote Originally Posted by KerriAnn View Post
    My thinking is that we should all simply write "Ron Paul". Or at least that's what I'm thinking right now.

It seems likely that we may not have the 55 elector forms filed for RP/Clyde Coulter, but we will most likely have more than 55 for Ron Paul with various VPs. Since our main goal here is to have our votes counted for RP, I think we should just write his name without a designated VP, and hope that the elector forms for RP will be lumped together.

I'm just playing the odds, since we don't have enough information to go on.

Sailing, when you call the SOC, can you ask about the VPs? Is there any way to get info about how many RP elector forms had which VPs on them? Maybe when we get a total count on forms we can make a more informed decision about how to write the name...
    I will ask. I am dealing with car trouble today, so it may be later, or tomorrow morning, though.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump to send by fax from county recorder to Sacramento, tomorrow...

I will ask. I am dealing with car trouble today, so it may be later, or tomorrow morning, though.
    Sorry about the car trouble, hope it goes smoothly getting it taken care of.

AND

re-bump to send by fax from county recorder to Sacramento, tomorrow...
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

As I read it you (and I) were pledging to Ron Paul/Clyde Coulter in our vote as ELECTORS to the electoral college, should Ron win the state, not pledging how we would vote on our ballot. The form says 'As electors' when it speaks of being pledged.

but I hope we have 55 for Ron and Clyde Coulter in which case it won't be an issue.

That is the way I'm seeing it now.

Like I said this has been a big learning experience for me. When I signed the form in my head I was thinking I had too on the ballot. I still would like to honor where my head was at then.

I can also see how the Electoral College could be used to come to a consensuses like with our problem of lack of consensus on a Vice President. Maybe in the final tally some of us may have to bend. ???

Sigh...I really hope we get our electors in time...

what do you think SA? Can I write in Ron with confidence that it will be counted?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Sigh...I really hope we get our electors in time...

what do you think SA? Can I write in Ron with confidence that it will be counted?
    On October 26 the Secretary of State will certify write ins and if you want to be sure Ron's will be counted you will be able to check their web page after that. I'm writing him in whether it is counted for him or is in the counted 'none of the above' vote for all 'none of the above' candidates, but I really want it counted. Later today I am going to call the secretary of state about Ron being on without a VP if HE gets 55 electors. I don't see where in the statute it says HE shouldn't be on if he gets 55 and the VP doesn't. I think he is pretty likely to have 55 all together, but don't know if he will have 55 with the same VP. I'll know more when I call later today, though. We may end up with him certified alone, or not certified but with an argument to pursue afterwards that his votes should be broken out because HE has 55.

But we sent 33 that should count (one was a PO box I just sent anyhow), Gail said they had 10 and at least three on the way, and a handful of people have messaged me or tweeted me that they are sending theirs directly to the SOS. Ours and Gail's would be 50 and the handful, PLUS the ones with the Judge as VP I would think would be likely to be over 55 for RON. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine. They were speeding up coming in at the end, just when I told people to send them directly, though.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-23-2012 at 09:29 AM.

bump for faxed forms TODAY

Have you seen this??? IS IT TRUE??

http://www.dailypaul.com/260050/say-...little-friends

iF SO ...then its done RON PAUL IS OFFICIALLY ON THE BALLOT IN CA!!! ( AS A WRITE IN CANDIDATE)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdayh View Post
    Have you seen this??? IS IT TRUE??

http://www.dailypaul.com/260050/say-...little-friends

iF SO ...then its done RON PAUL IS OFFICIALLY ON THE BALLOT IN CA!!! ( AS A WRITE IN CANDIDATE)
    That would be spectacular!!

I don't know if it is true, when I called yesterday the person I've spoken to before wasn't there and the guy who was just said they'd be counted up by the 26th when the candidates are certified. I emailed the SOS stating my position that if Ron had 55 electors no matter how many there were for the VPS, Ron should be certified, but I wasn't incredibly hopeful. There may possibly end up with two different sets of 55, one for ours (it is going to be close, either way) and this one. As long as my vote for Ron counts, however, this is fantastic!!!!

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That would be spectacular!!

I don't know if it is true, when I called yesterday the person I've spoken to before wasn't there and the guy who was just said they'd be counted up by the 26th when the candidates are certified. I emailed the SOS stating my position that if Ron had 55 electors no matter how many there were for the VPS, Ron should be certified, but I wasn't incredibly hopeful. There may possibly end up with two different sets of 55, one for ours (it is going to be close, either way) and this one. As long as my vote for Ron counts, however, this is fantastic!!!!
    Why didn't they coordinate with you? I don't understand. It would have been less stressful for you and those that supported you with their pledges to know that there was another strong set of support, and coordination would have gotten the VP (the Judge) the same to ensure success.
    I'm sure I remember bumping a post by you a few times and voting it up there on DP.

edit: At least your votes will be counted
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 10-24-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Why didn't they coordinate with you? I don't understand. It would have been less stressful for you and those that supported you with their pledges to know that there was another strong set of support, and coordination would have gotten the VP (the Judge) the same to ensure success.
    I'm sure I remember bumping a post by you a few times and voting it up there on DP.

edit: At least your votes will be counted
    Unfortunately, we all found out the other efforts existed when ours had been underway a while. We had the most forms by far, from what I could tell, but everyone had issues of not being able to get them all redone by that point, I think. Regardless, I'd have felt awful if I hadn't at least tried, if he wasn't certified, and if he is certified, I am pleased my vote will be counted. At this point I was concerned it might just be in the 'none of the above' category.

Last edited by sailingaway; 10-24-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast