Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CA reg voters must FAX from COUNTY RECORDERnotarized forms 4 RP votes 2 count-FORMS INSIDE

CA reg voters must FAX from COUNTY RECORDERnotarized forms 4 RP votes 2 count-FORMS INSIDE

Facebook Page for National Write In Campaign: https://www.facebook.com/events/435286253196255/

[Reports are that there are enough electors but it is unclear which VP will be VP until it is certified, voter registration etc is being checked, and the certifications of candidates will occur 10/26]
    Note that despite what was earlier said in Gail Lightfoot's facebook group, apparently someone in the SOS legal dept is now saying they won't count stuff faxed today. So I don't know what the deal is there, for certain. I sent all mine, so I won't be trying to fax, in any event, but you might want to call your recorder before you go in, to make sure they will do it.

I suggest those who actually hold GOP positions should not be amongst them, thinking of our central committee members here.

If you are a registered voter in California and are willing to sign, get notarized and send me the elector form to do this, please pm me. The form and directions are in the two dropbox links, below.

AT THIS POINT SEND FORMS DIRECTLY TO Secretary of State (address below) TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE RECEIVED BY OCT 23 DEADLINE -- EVEN ON TUESDAY OCT 23 YOU CAN HAVE THEM FAXED WHILE YOU WAIT FROM YOUR COUNTY RECORDER'S OFFICE TO THE SECRETARY OF STATE IN SACRAMENTO, and if you do that, you don't even have to have them notarized, the recorder will officiate your oath., but I would appreciate your also letting me know by pm so I have an idea how many forms there are.

Secretary of State:

Office of the California Secretary of State
    Elections Division
    Attn: Candidates & Elections
    1500 11th Street, 5th Floor
    Sacramento, CA 95814.

It MUST be received there by October 23

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/106853479/RE...r%20forms.docx

AND

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/106853479/el...ons)%20002.bmp

Thank you!

and retweet here, to spread! -> https://twitter.com/usernamenuse/sta...95157027393536

https://twitter.com/usernamenuse/sta...70663756607489

As of today, 10/19 we have 33 in hand (plus one with a PO Box for an address which I emailed the sender to please resend directly to SOS w/ residence address) --we need 22 more! I have been told of a few on their way, and others are working on getting them, but this is CRUNCH time! I have just send the 34 forms (I sent the PO box one, anyhow) by overnight mail to the Secretary of State, and new forms should be sent directly.

Gail Lightfoot also said they can be faxed from your county office to the Secretary of State up to the day (Oct 23) but I don't know what is involved with getting the county to fax them, yet. I will call on Monday but it may vary by county somewhat. I will post details when I have them. Any I receive after today up to Monday's mail I will send that way. (Unfortunately, Tuesday's mail would get sorted too late for me to make the deadline for those to get in. )

Posting on CA Ron Paul facebook pages would be helpful! I have posted on a couple, and have notified some meetups, but if we want this to happen we really need to spread the word!
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-25-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll do it and I'll put it up on liberty hq to see if any others want to play ball too. Can I have them email you their docs? PM me your email.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I'll do it and I'll put it up on liberty hq to see if any others want to play ball too. Can I have them email you their docs? PM me your email.
    I can pm you email but I don't have the forms yet, I just got the response from the SOS. If I am allowed to pick up 55 forms, or pdf them to you, I will. But I don't know if our central committee members should do it, since it might backfire or even disqualify central committee members or something under LAGOP rules, for all I know. It will count for Ron, whatever party people are in who are electors, but I just don't want to harm the work our people have done. Others, it would be great to get, though.

Also, I think we will have to work with physical delivery, but fax might work. I will find out all of that. I agree I should collect them so someone has a full set to prove they were filed. They may be allowed to be faxed, but I suspect we need the original notarized signatures.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-13-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Mary could be one, though. If you don't think it would be an issue going forward.

Everybody is so lazy, I don't even know if we'll get 55. Notarizing is considered a 'task' for these people..lol
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Hi Sailing, I am one of the Lazy voters but for Ron Ernest Paul I will do what needs to be done to get the Write in going. I sent you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Endthefednow View Post
    Hi Sailing, I am one of the Lazy voters but for Ron Ernest Paul I will do what needs to be done to get the Write in going. I sent you a pm.
    thank you!

Everybody is so lazy, I don't even know if we'll get 55. Notarizing is considered a 'task' for these people..lol
    Do you have get togethers? Because a lot of post office box places have notaries or in a pinch we could have one drive (for a fee) to a place where a bunch of you were ready to sign. I agree, we need to make this simple. We can enlist meetups as well.

In fact, I can start sending out requests to meetups, as back up.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-14-2012 at 12:53 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you all, and $#@!ing push
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Do you have get togethers? Because a lot of post office box places have notaries or in a pinch we could have one drive (for a fee) to a place where a bunch of you were ready to sign. I agree, we need to make this simple. We can enlist meetups as well.

In fact, I can start sending out requests to meetups, as back up.
    whats the deadline? we're all gonna get together on 9/22 for the national end the fed rally, I suppose I can have everybody do it at once. I cannot guarantee 55 people that I personally trust because I don't know that many RP people on a personal basis.

How much is a notarization?
    THE SQUAD of RPF

whats the deadline? we're all gonna get together on 9/22 for the national end the fed rally, I suppose I can have everybody do it at once. I cannot guarantee 55 people that I personally trust because I don't know that many RP people on a personal basis.

How much is a notarization?

The date is fine.

They don't have to be in until mid October but I'd like to start with a deadline of October 1, so if we don't get all that are promised or some are messed up, we have time to respond to that.

Notarizations vary, but in a group there should be a discount. If we are collecting people we don't know we should probably get extras in case someone turns out to not be registered, after all or something. Notary isn't expensive in my experience (I'm thinking $10- but less if there are a bunch of them) but if we are having one go where you are I need to know the location area (Venice? Downtown?) so I can check there.

this one is mobile, says $10 per, is the max allowed, and it doesn't say about fee for travel. I'd have to call and find out. If there is no fee for travel, I wouldn't expect a discount for number of signatures, they have to make it up one way or another, but I'd ask, anyhow. I've never needed a mobile notary and I don't know how they charge. If we know where you will be we might be able to find an office of one down there, as well, if the fee for travel is high.

People would need a government picture ID, drivers license or passport, generally. The notary needs to attest that they are the person they are purporting to be.
    http://lamailboxesnmore.com/notary_public.htm
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-14-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Thank you to those who have pm'd me! I am finding out if we can get the forms off line, and if not am hoping if I pick one up and upload it the rest of you can get yours that way.

We still need more people!

OK, the Secretary of State's office is sending me a sample but we have to make up our own forms.

When I receive it I will create a form and upload it so people can download it where they are. I should have it by early next week and will post here when the form is up. They don't have it on their web page and have to send it from Sacramento which is unfortunate, however, we have time. I just want to get word out this is happening, so people know they can vote for Ron Paul in California, and have it counted!

I will do it!

I'm just posting this here as a shameless way to get some +rep, as I have already worked out the details with sailing

Quote Originally Posted by KerriAnn View Post
    I will do it!

I'm just posting this here as a shameless way to get some +rep, as I have already worked out the details with sailing
    What's up with that new avatar? Is that the swinging fist that stops where your nose begins?

edit: and oh, glad to hear you have worked out the elector thing with sailingaway
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 09-14-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

+ rep awarded with thanks!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    What's up with that new avatar? Is that the swinging fist that stops where your nose begins?
    ha! no, that's the fist that says "hell ya!" with every small victory, and the fist that says "hell no!" when things are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KerriAnn View Post
    ha! no, that's the fist that says "hell ya!" with every small victory, and the fist that says "hell no!" when things are wrong.
    I think I've seen that fist before....

*jaw drop* I never saw that before.. AWESOME!
    dunno how I missed that one

I can be one, I need 54 more. I suggest those who actually hold GOP positions should not be amongst them, thinking of our central committee members here.

I had heard from a Napa valley letter to the editor this had already been done, but I got a response to my email to the Secretary of State that they have received no forms for Ron yet. We need to pull this together. If you are a registered voter in California and are willing to sign, get notarized and send me the elector form to do this, please pm me.

Thank you!

This describes the forms we need to file: http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/2012...or-nov2012.pdf
    I strongly oppose this attempt to boycott Johnson -the only liberty candidate in all 50 states (or at least 48 at this rate).

Don't waste your vote. Vote for Gary Johnson. Vote for the Ron Paul Revolution.

The Revolution is not one man.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

I can pm you email but I don't have the forms yet, I just got the response from the SOS. If I am allowed to pick up 55 forms, or pdf them to you, I will. But I don't know if our central committee members should do it, since it might backfire or even disqualify central committee members or something under LAGOP rules, for all I know. It will count for Ron, whatever party people are in who are electors, but I just don't want to harm the work our people have done. Others, it would be great to get, though.

Also, I think we will have to work with physical delivery, but fax might work. I will find out all of that. I agree I should collect them so someone has a full set to prove they were filed. They may be allowed to be faxed, but I suspect we need the original notarized signatures.

Your PDF is sounding like it will need a stamp canceled before the deadline on the envelope. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Your PDF is sounding like it will need a stamp canceled before the deadline on the envelope. ???
    I think I or someone will have to collect them and hand file them with a copy set of the papers, and get them stamped by the Secretary of State office as filed. We can mail them with a post office receipt, but since they don't 'certify' until after the deadline to file and correct it, I think we want to make sure we get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    I strongly oppose this attempt to boycott Johnson -the only liberty candidate in all 50 states (or at least 48 at this rate).

Don't waste your vote. Vote for Gary Johnson. Vote for the Ron Paul Revolution.

The Revolution is not one man.
    Johnson has nothing to to with me, or this thread.

I'm confused by this thread, isn't it always okay to write-in candidates? What is the purpose of notarizing these forms, is it to get Ron Paul's name on the ballot?

Also, why any effort to write-in or get Ron Paul's name on the ballot when he has made it absolutely clear that he has dropped out of the race and has no intention of re-entering? I was an ardent Ron Paul supporter and was pushing that he run as a third party/independent when it became mathematically clear that he wasn't getting the Republican nomination (although that was disputed here) and at a time when third party threads were being actively deleted although we could have accomplished something at that time and maybe convinced Dr. Paul when there was still time to get on the ballot in almost all 50 states. But now? When he has made it completely clear that he has no interest in running?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is almost always ok to write in candidates. A couple of states don't physically have the ability on electronic machines. To me, even if we can't get 55 electors together to file (but I think we will, it happened in 2008 and there is a lot more support now) I would still write in Ron Paul. In California without this filing that would only be counted as 'none of the above' against the named candidates, however, the number is reported in every district in the country, I believe, of those who voted and refused the named Presidential candidates. Since it is a presidential election, if that number is large, it would be a big deal.

However, better yet is to get them counted to Ron Paul's account. In some states they are automatically counted, in others there are procedures needed. As I said, even without that, I'd vote for Ron because he is the one I want. But it would be even better if it were counted for him.

Other candidates may be on all the ballots (although actually I think GJ is not) but Romney, Obama, Johnson, none of them are my candidate. Their being on the ballot isn't relevant to me.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-15-2012 at 10:19 AM.

any updates? got the form yet SA?
    THE SQUAD of RPF

any updates? got the form yet SA?
    They were mailing it Friday, I don't expect it until Monday or maybe Tuesday since it is coming from Sacramento, however, I don't have today's mail yet.

They were mailing it Friday, I don't expect it until Monday or maybe Tuesday since it is coming from Sacramento, however, I don't have today's mail yet.
    Well?........check your mail

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Well?........check your mail
    At the time, my mail hadn't arrived. I have since checked it and it didn't come today, but I didn't really expect it to, that would have been eyebrow raising.

I wish I could. But I am not 35. I'm only 27.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast