Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Woods: My Memories of Jesse Benton

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Come on, Tom, tell us how you really feel!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Ha. I feel better. Tom always knew the deal. I can't believe it took me so long to figure that little weasel Benton out. Oh well. Better late than never.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Not surprising, I am glad he let people know the truth.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Ha. I feel better. Tom always knew the deal. I can't believe it took me so long to figure that little weasel Benton out. Oh well. Better late than never.
    I'm still not ready to throw Benton completely under the bus. I'm glad he's no longer working within the movement, but I hope some of our ideas, and Ron's ideas, rubbed off on him. Maybe he can sabotage McConnell's campaign?!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I'm still not ready to throw Benton completely under the bus. I'm glad he's no longer working within the movement, but I hope some of our ideas, and Ron's ideas, rubbed off on him. Maybe he can sabotage McConnell's campaign?!
    Don't hold your breathe. Wonder when Adam is going to come out with a video regarding all this? I may actually watch it.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Great article. He nails it.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Don't hold your breathe. Wonder when Adam is going to come out with a video regarding all this? I may actually watch it.
    Ugh... I think I'll pass on that! Something about him just grates me. I really have no interest in personal feuds, but I am curious about Benton. Do you think he gets the liberty movement and just wants to work his own (misguided) strategy that ends up hurting us, or do you think he hates us because we believe too deeply and we have been standing in his way? It seems to me to be the former and not the latter, but I don't really know him. I like to think Ron Paul would know better.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. A lot to consider there. I respect Tom Woods and his side of the story is believable.

Naively, I assumed another top person, whom I will not name, would be as appalled at Jesse’s behavior toward a longtime supporter as I was. So I (gleefully) forwarded the correspondence to him, only to be told that Jesse’s conduct was not unprofessional at all [!]. But I would not technically be banned from C4L, I was told.
    Anyone else thinking it was Ron Paul?
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    I was guessing Wead.

Jesse Benton, may your name live forever.
    "The Patriarch"

Tom Woods is an upstanding guy - I really can't come to grips why Ron had enemies of Liberty like Benton in his campaign - which is the ONLY thing I would ever fault him for.

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    Tom Woods is an upstanding guy - I really can't come to grips why Ron had enemies of Liberty like Benton in his campaign - which is the ONLY thing I would ever fault him for.
    Marriage and trust?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Marriage and trust?
    yep.

I wonder if Ron still supports Benton or not. ohh well, doesn't exactly matter

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Marriage and trust?
    Yes, at times Ron is almost TOO trusting for his own good.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Rand chooses Benton to run his campaign in 2016 I will not be donating a single cent, that I know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    If Rand chooses Benton to run his campaign in 2016 I will not be donating a single cent, that I know for sure.
    Me neither.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

I think some owe Mr. Kokesh some apologies.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    No wonder Jesse was so paranoid of him.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    Tate, he was the other top person who has dealt with Tom from the last campaign/C4L. Or Debbie Hopper. But Tate makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Tate, he was the other top person who has dealt with Tom from the last campaign/C4L. Or Debbie Hopper. But Tate makes more sense.
    This is comforting because I like Weed. err Wead haha

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Reminds me of that saying in the military about polishing a turd.

Yes that would have to be the one.

Too many people here think exactly as Benton does...unfortunately. Don't hold your breath waiting for that apology.

Ugh, it makes me sick how that piece of trash Benton let his personal vendettas get in the way of running an effective campaign. I wish nothing but the worst for him moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    $$$
    this.

I certainly agree. The way that Adam Kokesh was maligned and sullied is unbelievable, all the while Benton was doing what he did. I never liked Jesse Benton--it wasn't because of any one thing, it was a gut instinct from day one. All the hard work Dr. Paul and the grassroots had put forth then to be taken down by Benton truly makes me sick.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast