Thread: US Embassy in Yemen stormed

US Embassy in Yemen stormed

http://news.yahoo.com/protesters-sto...084845510.html

SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Protesters angered by an anti-Islam film have stormed the U.S. Embassy compound in Yemen's capital, Sanaa.

The protesters were on the embassy's grounds but did not enter the building housing the offices.

Before storming the embassy compound on Thursday, the demonstrators removed the embassy's sign on the outer wall and set tires ablaze. Once inside the compound, they brought down the U.S. flag and burned it.

Yemen is home to al-Qaida's most active branch and the United States is the main foreign supporter of the Yemeni government's counterterrorism campaign. The government on Tuesday announced that al-Qaida's No. 2 leader in Yemen was killed in an apparent U.S. airstrike, a major blow to the terror network.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Having seen the trailer for this "movie" I am starting to wonder what the protest are really about. There is no way in two countries that we have bombed recently that house a pretty good sized opposition to the U.S. that a movie could cause protest of this magnitude within days of each other. If it really has in the minds of all these protestors I might have lost faith in humanity .

Seems to me like one arm of the CIA probably made the movie, while another arm of the CIA probably used its Al-Qaeda assets to simulate an "organic" backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    i wonder where next?
    Well, let's see. Obama took us into Yemen, Libya and Somalia. So, it makes sense that Somalia would be next. Unless, of course, he took us into another country or two not only without Congressional approval, but without actually telling anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Obama is a peace loving American. He won the Nobel Peace prize. He is not a violent man. He is the greatest president we ever had. His number one job is protecting us and making sure our nation is secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger29860 View Post
    Having seen the trailer for this "movie" I am starting to wonder what the protest are really about. There is no way in two countries that we have bombed recently that house a pretty good sized opposition to the U.S. that a movie could cause protest of this magnitude within days of each other. If it really has in the minds of all these protestors I might have lost faith in humanity .
    I'm inclined to agree with you.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Obama is a peace loving American. He won the Nobel Peace prize. He is not a violent man. He is the greatest president we ever had. His number one job is protecting us and making sure our nation is secure.
    Thank you, Ministry of Truth. Got any more lies for us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Seems to me like one arm of the CIA probably made the movie, while another arm of the CIA probably used its Al-Qaeda assets to simulate an "organic" backlash.
    99.99999% probable

I don't believe that the movie has much to do with this violence.

Much more significant is the fact that Yemen is where Anwar al-Awlaki was killed . . . by the US government.

A bunch of al-Qaeda supporters (& there are plenty in Yemen), who were already mad at the US, saw what happened in Cairo and Benghazi and thought it would be fun to get in on the act.

Sure the movie lit the fuse, but the bomb was already waiting to go off.
    "Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand