Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Conference Call: Dr. Paul is Willing, Seeking Indications of His Support for 3rd Party Run

Quote Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
    I just still think this needs to be a split ticket with Johnson. If Johnson is pulling 3-5% and we can get another 12-15%, we're well on out way to invading the minds of the general American voter.
    Why the hell not run 3rd Party. Why not turn the tables on the GOP and have them coming to us over the next four years, instead us being afraid of blow back from them? They know we want in to the Republican Party but have seemingly left us no other option.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moraha View Post
    I posted this in the Jay Leno thread...thought I should put it on here:

I ran into this website earlier: http://www.isidewith.com/

It looks like Gary Johnson has way more support than I thought...I'm not sure if I should think much about that website but with 2 million votes and seeing GJ beat Romney in almost every state that I've clicked on makes me think that it's worth a try for RP to go for VP. You never know what could happen...him polling 1% could be because everybody was just choosing RP over him. We don't know because there were a lot of people in the race. It could be way different if RP is on the ticket with him.
    That web site is not measuring support, it is measuring how people match up with the candidates based on the survey. But if that web site is anywhere close to being correct of how people will vote then Obama is going to win in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Why the hell not run 3rd Party. Why not turn the tables on the GOP and have them coming to us over the next four years, instead us being afraid of blow back from them? They know we want in to the Republican Party but have seemingly left us no other option.
    They will treat us like crap whether Ron runs third party or not. Ron should run to help the cause of liberty. It is only 2 more months then he can rest.

Maybe because Ron is 76 years old and has gone through three Presidential Elections? Maybe he's sick and tired of playing a game he never wanted to play in the first place? Leave the man alone, let him enjoy his retirement, and work within the Libertarian Party if you want to stick it to the GOP.

He gave you his answer on Leno tonight.

I supported a 3rd party run but it isn't going to happen. If he did, my first BIG suggestion would be that Ron needs some serious security because there will be some frothing at the mouth wing nuts out there. But it isn't going to happen. Let the man rest. I'm sure he has plans for more education.

Quote Originally Posted by cstarace View Post
    Maybe because Ron is 76 years old and has gone through three Presidential Elections? Maybe he's sick and tired of playing a game he never wanted to play in the first place? Leave the man alone, let him enjoy his retirement, and work within the Libertarian Party if you want to stick it to the GOP.
    Just two more months, then he can rest, what is two more months after all the campaigning he has done already?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Just two more months, then he can rest, what is two more months after all the campaigning he has done already?
    He doesn't want to bang his head against a brick wall anymore.

Also it *could damage Rand's future. Boy I know that sentence isn't going to be popular. lol

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    He doesn't want to bang his head against a brick wall anymore.

Also it *could damage Rand's future. Boy I know that sentence isn't going to be popular. lol
    As much as most people don't like that statement. It is true...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by cstarace View Post
    If you're not inside the GOP then you're exactly where the establishment wants you to be.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    If you're not inside the GOP then you're exactly where the establishment wants you to be.
    The establishment knows how to marginalize us whether inside the GOP or working within a third party. So long as we make ourselves dependent on a party structure, we can be suppressed, and are exactly where they want us to be.

Paul has signaled to us (humorously) that he's not running 3rd party in 2012, but also signaled that 2016 is not off the table. This is a better signal than he gave before 2011 (prior to the current run, he said he had no plans to run again). Now he has himself encouraged us to think about a future run!
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 09-05-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    if you think you can save America by working inside the GOP, you're exactly where TPTB want you to be.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

Common sense would tell you that they should want us in the GOP to shore up their ranks. They just want us to shut up and make them a sandwich.

*edit..double post
    Last edited by Carlybee; 09-05-2012 at 11:48 AM.

I am amazed at some of the answers on this thread.

First of all nobody knows nothin'; all the speculating is ridiculous.

The best thing to do IMHO is to form a strong vital support group and show Paul we want a 3rd party run. Then work our ASSES OFF to make something great happen. If we do not capture el presidente position, at least we have pushed to the end and we have also made our grassroots stronger.

So, I say, let's go for it and make some real noise toward regaining our liberty- I do not think anyone can be sorry for 2 more months of work.

BTW- paraphrasing a famous TRUE story from "Think & Grow Rich": about a miner that was onto a gold mine but eventually gave up as the gold was nowhere to be found- another miner came in and struck gold just a few feet away. The last guy stopped with the gold in touching distance.

So, with that in mind, giving up 2 months away makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by Ender; 09-05-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I am amazed at some of the answers o this thread.

First of all nobody knows nothin'; all the speculating is ridiculous.

The best thing to do IMHO is to form a strong vital support group and show Paul we want a 3rd party run. Then work our ASSES OFF to make something great happen. If we do not capture el presidente position, at least we have pushed to the end and we have also made our grassroots stronger.

So, I say, let's go for it and make some real noise toward regaining our liberty- I do not think anyone can be sorry for 2 more months of work.

BTW- paraphrasing a famous TRUE story from "Think & Grow Rich": about a miner that was onto a gold mine but eventually gave up as the gold was nowhere to be found- another miner came in and struck gold just a few feet away. The last guy stopped with the gold in touching distance.

So, with that in mind, giving up 2 months away makes no sense to me.

you just don't get it do you?

you think a little ragtag group can raise at minimum 20 million per DAY that it will take to make a dent in the process, even to get 20%?
    No one reads signatures.

Really.

Ragtag group... you should really stop talking about yourself that way.

I was raised to think that if money's the problem, then there is no problem- WORK, maybe but nothing that can't be surmounted.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Really.

Ragtag group... you should really stop talking about yourself that way.

I was raised to think that if money's the problem, then there is no problem- WORK, maybe but nothing that can't be surmounted.
    Work to get $20 million a day. where do I apply?
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    Work to get $20 million a day. where do I apply?
    So- HOW many RP active followers are there? Even if it was only 200,000 supporters that would be $100 a day- 2,000,000 supporters = $10 a day.

And we don't need $20 million a day.
    Last edited by Ender; 09-05-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruehound View Post
    His remark about 2016 was a JOKE.
    Comedians say jokes, politicians send signals. It was a possibility he stated humorously.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345