Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference Call: Dr. Paul is Willing, Seeking Indications of His Support for 3rd Party Run

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Yes. Title says "Doug Wead." You never see Doug Wead, just some dirty hippie with a beer gut claiming to have the out and out scoop on Paul. Are we that stupid?
    No, not stupid, just a lot of us are naive. Me too, to some degree, but I'm learning.

edit: And hey, I'm a long haired hippy lookin' old man with a bit of a gut, please be kind
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 09-03-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The campaigns messaging has been so bad most of us wont believe anything thats not Ron Paul direct to camera. This is not new. In fact this is the defence with the Newsletters. 'If you didnt see Ron say it, dont trust it.'
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have you met GJs 'managerial skills'.?!?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Right, it was Evan Alaska (FB Name) that was the host. He proposed trying to get Ron to run as Gary's VP. That won't do anything for the movement and will maybe help the LP a little, but no debate with Obama and Romney for Gary.
    The only thing that makes sense at all, is Paul/Johnson. But that's not what the conference call was about.
    I heard the callers talking about "either" president or VP, and not limited to the Libertarian Party although that possibility was mentioned. Nothing I heard said only VP was being discussed.

That said, this would send a shock wave around the world. Many Republicans are disgusted at what happened at the convention and say they would never vote for Romney now. I think a lot of people are planning on staying home. Ron Paul says his support is far greater than they are allowed to report, which is easy to believe. If he can fill a stadium of 10,000 to capacity at UCLA they do not want you to know how strong he really is.

I say a Paul-Johnson ticket starts polling at 20-24% out of the gate, then becomes a three-way race as Obamney reveal that they are an empty suit. Paul easily makes the 15% threshold for inclusion in the presidential debates. Either way, we and Paul get to keep waking people up for another 2 months. All those college crowds show we are waking up by leaps and bounds. WE CAN'T STOP NOW.

IMO,
    If all the other LP's VP candidates "decide" to step down for "any" reason, I see no problem with the LP asking RP if he wants to become their VP candidate to run with GJ in November. RP is a lifetime member of the LP as far as I know...

The LP's VP slot does not have the same rules it has for POTUS. It's not impossible if the LP people involved really want to make Liberty via Ron Paul (as the Libertarian VP) a priority. (The LP POTUS slot is the more tricky one to set up for the 50 states - impossible for RP at this point after the LP convention.)

In Nov 2012, the LP will not win and RP will not win. Obama will probably win!

Even if Mitt wins, the LP still gets >5% votes for easy LP ballot access next time. The public gets some exposure to the Liberty solutions to the century old Rep/Dem created big gov problems.

I just hope Amerika can hang on to some freedom as the empire gets ugly and sinks. I don't see any solution to that!
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 09-03-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Yea, it could probably go to 5%, maybe, but that's not enough to get into a debate with Obama and Romney.

edit: And getting to 5% would be if we kicked ass on the net to get it out that Paul was on the ticket.
    I seem to remember several polls done in January / Febuary with Ron Paul running as 3rd party against Romney and Obama. Had Paul in the 11-13% range. Honestly, with the atmosphere as it is today following the RNC...I'd bet that number is closer to 17% or even 20%. Ron can't win with those numbers, but he can certainly change the discussion and platforms of his competition without question.

Quote Originally Posted by lakefx View Post
    I seem to remember several polls done in January / Febuary with Ron Paul running as 3rd party against Romney and Obama. Had Paul in the 11-13% range. Honestly, with the atmosphere as it is today following the RNC...I'd bet that number is closer to 17% or even 20%. Ron can't win with those numbers, but he can certainly change the discussion and platforms of his competition without question.
    Sailingaway cited polls that had him in the 17% range if I'm not mistaken.

Some of you are living in a bit of a bubble. The average voter has no idea what happened at the RNC and doesn't really care.

All Ron Paul supporters need to call in and say: "YES, DAMMIT! RUN!

Then RP can decide how he wants it and off we go making a dent in the 2 party system.

Maybe even a train wreck.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Some of you are living in a bit of a bubble. The average voter has no idea what happened at the RNC and doesn't really care.
    But WE know and that's what matters.
    There is no spoon.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some bubble. THESE people know. And they will all vote for Ron Paul.

Strauss stadium UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    That's for sure. I talked to the PC in the precinct just north of me (we share a polling place) and I told him I might resign, he wanted to know why and I told him what they did to Ron Paul's delegates and the Rules changes. He had no idea (He's 92 and doesn't use the internet). He asked me not to resign and come talk to him before I made my decision.

@James_Madison_Lives,
    I'm not saying I won't support Ron running 3rd party, oh, yea I will
    But, the LP party members will feel like we are moving in and taking over after losing in the R party. One caller, a libertarian, called in and was pissed. He said, they voted and picked their candidates, what right do we have to throw his vote away.
    I really believe that all LP party members need to be on board with Ron taking a position. How would we feel in the same spot.
    Yep, you are right, our country and freedom is at stake, but, let's not forget their freedom and rights. Let's handle this properly in any case.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 09-03-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by lakefx View Post
    My response about 5%, maybe, was Paul as VP, I know that Ron would do better if on as Pres in the polls.
    That's why it needs to be Paul/Johnson to work. But read my previous post about LP member consideration.

Just listen, slow down for a moment (a song I wrote when very young)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53961121/Slo..._mixdown01.mp3

Yes. Title says "Doug Wead." You never see Doug Wead, just some dirty hippie with a beer gut claiming to have the out and out scoop on Paul. Are we that stupid?
    Isreal does indeed speak with Doug on occasion, I don't figure Israel to be a liar. And, your first post is full of inaccuracies, assumptions, and unfounded statements. As someone who started Rand on his Campaign, and has worked for Ron for well over a year, I would bet every dollar I have, that Ron will NOT run for President any longer.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Question

I heard the callers talking about "either" president or VP, and not limited to the Libertarian Party although that possibility was mentioned. Nothing I heard said only VP was being discussed.
    For someone with such a low post count, you sure seem to be trying to stir things up over here.

Did anyone of any authority speak on this conference call?
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

@James_Madison_Lives,
    I'm not saying I won't support Ron running 3rd party, oh, yea I will
    But, the LP party members will feel like we are moving in and taking over after losing in the R party. One caller, a libertarian, called in and was pissed. He said, they voted and picked their candidates, what right do we have to throw his vote away.
    I really believe that all LP party members need to be on board with Ron taking a position. How would we feel in the same spot.
    Yep, you are right, our country and freedom is at stake, but, let's not forget their freedom and rights. Let's handle this properly in any case.
    What do Libertarian party members love about losing? Ron Paul actually gives them a chance, maybe not a big one, but a chance to see the inside of the White House in their lifetimes. Ron Paul has carried the libertarian torch for decades, and pays the price for not backing down on things like Medicare and the Dept. of Education. No one has taken as much crap as Paul has for the libertarian philosophy. Johnson has always said he would be honored to step down to VP for Ron Paul.

Whatever they lose in some states in ballot access they will gain many times over by having Paul on the ticket. They should be bending over backward to make it happen. You do not need all the states. You just need enough electors to win.
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 09-03-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    For someone with such a low post count, you sure seem to be trying to stir things up over here.

Did anyone of any authority speak on this conference call?
    Matt, the conference call was what it was. Evan Alaska (FB name) said he was a coordinator for Paul in Alaska and spoke with Ron. He said Ron said he wasn't sure he would run 3rd party, didn't know if the support or funds would be available. He, Evan, talked about trying to get Ron to run as VP to Gary for the most part.
    You can read the past few pages of the thread to see more.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 09-03-2012 at 11:54 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sycophants. I understand the dream but goddamn give it up. Multiple people within the campaign have said it won't happen.

Question

Matt, the conference call was what it was. Evan Alaska (FB name) said he was a coordinator for Paul in Alaska and spoke with Ron. He said Ron said he wasn't sure he would run 3rd party, didn't know if the support or funds would be available. He, Ean, talked about trying to get Ron to run as VP to Gary for the most part.
    You can read the past few pages of the thread to see more.
    What is his name? When did he speak with Ron? What did Ron say exactly, directly quoteable?

What is his name? When did he speak with Ron? What did Ron say exactly, directly quoteable?
    Matt, go listen to the call, it was recorded and is on the event page.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/3...43690419051626
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 09-03-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Sycophants. I understand the dream but goddamn give it up. Multiple people within the campaign have said it won't happen.
    care to list these 'multiple people?' You said it, not me.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Matt, go listen to the call, it was recorded and is on the event page.

My time is slightly more valuable. Can someone please answer the questions in my previous post?

My time is slightly more valuable. Can someone please answer the questions in my previous post?
    Wow, really? I'm not going to transcribe the call.

edit: you can click on the link faster than typing a comment

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    care to list these 'multiple people?' You said it, not me.
    Matt Collins: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4623525

And Doug Wead.

I don't know why Ron can't squash this foolishness instead of making this movement look like sycophants.

it's amazing.

there's a slim, slim hope that Ron Paul might run 3rd party. Nobody thinks it likely, but some have hope.

And still people come on these forums and just piss all over their fellow supporters, insulting them, crushing hope like they're paid to do it. The same as people have done with every last piece of this entire movement, people always at the ready to dismiss, deride, and reject their fellow Ron Paul supporters.

So gross.

I hope he runs. It will absolutely make my day.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    it's amazing.

there's a slim, slim hope that Ron Paul might run 3rd party. Nobody thinks it likely, but some have hope.

And still people come on these forums and just piss all over their fellow supporters, insulting them, crushing hope like they're paid to do it. The same as people have done with every last piece of this entire movement, people always at the ready to dismiss, deride, and reject their fellow Ron Paul supporters.

So gross.

This...

And, tomorrow, you can be there with some "authority" on the next conference call, just click on that link and get the details.

Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    it's amazing.

So gross.

I'm not pissing on you or laughing at you. There are news headlines laughing at all of us because of you and rightfully so.

I'm trying to give you a dose of reality.

I guess up until November 6 we can expect some in the RP community to cling to the hope we are going to win. I question what dimension they live in.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Matt Collins: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4623525

And Doug Wead.

I don't know why Ron can't squash this foolishness instead of making this movement look like sycophants.
    Uhh I hope you read the post in that link. The link was merely asking people not to FLOOD the offices because the employees wouldn't appreciate it.

You claimed there were multiple sources within the campaign quashing this rumor, you only listed ONE.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast