Thread: Mental Illness Diagnoses Not Real Science

Mental Illness Diagnoses Not Real Science

One of the top psychiatrists in the Psyche Pharma-Industrial Complex admits the methodology of diagnosing mental illness is "bull$#@!."

https://www.cchrint.org/2012/09/03/mentaldisorders/
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't believe ANYTHING the CCHR puts out.

CCHR = Scientology in case you didn't know.

Scientology takes normal people and makes them insane. They also refuse to accept anyone that has a history of mental illness in their so-called "Church".

They are definitely NOT the "authority on the mind". If they were, they could help people with mental problems and they can't.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    Don't believe ANYTHING the CCHR puts out.

CCHR = Scientology in case you didn't know.

Scientology takes normal people and makes them insane. They also refuse to accept anyone that has a history of mental illness in their so-called "Church".

They are definitely NOT the "authority on the mind". If they were, they could help people with mental problems and they can't.
    I am able to ignore the messenger and look at the message. I have never, ever, seen one single reference from CCHR trying to steer people toward Scientology. They never mention it. They don't talk about alternative means to achieve mental health, all they talk about is how the current western medical model is bogus, and they are right.

Their only mission appears to be discrediting the pharmaceutical-psychiatric industry and everything I have ever seen and read from them agrees 100% with the personal experiences of family members and our own inquiries into this same subject.

So for what it's worth, I think they are onto something here. If they start trying to push Scientology one day, then I will agree with you. Until then, they are doing good work and putting a lot of effort into fighting for a cause very few other people are, and this is a war that needs to be waged.

"Any enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine."
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

You mean the shrinks and pharma corps have been BS-ing? You don't say!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlinDave View Post
    One of the top psychiatrists in the Psyche Pharma-Industrial Complex admits the methodology of diagnosing mental illness is "bull$#@!."

https://www.cchrint.org/2012/09/03/mentaldisorders/
    I could have told you that. Their entire diagnosis process is trial and error. Its based on nothing. In my case, I tried almost all of the medications, and all of them caused me problems, so what did the doctor recommend... try another medication with exactly the same side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    You mean the shrinks and pharma corps have been BS-ing? You don't say!
    The shrinks sell pills don't they? Well, "prescribe" them. They work hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by tttppp View Post
    I could have told you that. Their entire diagnosis process is trial and error. Its based on nothing. In my case, I tried almost all of the medications, and all of them caused me problems, so what did the doctor recommend... try another medication with exactly the same side effects.
    I agree... Same experience my wife went through. The medications made her get worse and worse. I told the whole story in some detail on another thread a while back.

www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?382894-Big-Pharma-criminality-no-longer-a-conspiracy-theory

Quote Originally Posted by tttppp View Post
    Try Pot!!!
    Terminus tela viaticus!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlinDave View Post
    I agree... Same experience my wife went through. The medications made her get worse and worse. I told the whole story in some detail on another thread a while back.

www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?382894-Big-Pharma-criminality-no-longer-a-conspiracy-theory
    I agree with what you said in that thread that psychiatrists can find disorders in anyone. Some of their recommendations are rediculous. One person I know of was depressed because he lost his job he had for decades. He was prescribed anti depressants. Anti depressants are not going to cure his unemployment. That's an absolutely stupid recommendation.

Additionally, so much of their diagnosis is based on whether a person is happy or not. If someone is angry, that's a disorder, even if you have a logical reason for being angry. All anger is unjustified according to psychiatrists. Same with depression as I mentioned above.