Thread: Metro areas that added jobs at fastest rate 7/11 - 7/12

Metro areas that added jobs at fastest rate 7/11 - 7/12

Growth rates Lafayette , La. 10.3 % , Columbus, In . 8.3% , Texarkana , 7%, Elkhart-Goshen , In. 6.9 % , Odessa Tx ,6.7% , Blacksburg-Christianburg-Radford Va , 6.6 % , Ames , Iowa , 6.4 % . Consider , as an example , Columbus , still has an official unemployment rate , near 7% . I would like to see what the seven worst look like ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Surely , someone, has something to add ??

Does this look like a recovery to anyone ??

Texarcana has a federal prison..........is there a correlation?

I'm betting that somehow these areas only experienced growth due to some type of federal spending..

That is a fair question.

I think there is a bit of an oil boon happening
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

surprised dc isn't on this list

Consider that those are generally smaller cities- adding a couple or few hundred jobs in them will have a big impact while if you added a few hundred jobs in LA or New York it won't change the unemployment by much.

Consider this alternative chart from March. http://www.theatlanticcities.com/job...-markets/1504/

Austin and San Jose led the United States in job growth last year, according to an analysis of the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics by Aaron Renn, who blogs as The Urbanophile. Houston, Charlotte, and Nashville round out the top five. And both hard-hit Detroit and Pittsburgh make the top 10, along with Salt Lake City, Dallas, and Raleigh.

The analysis covers the 51 U.S. metros with populations of one million people or more and covers the year 2010-2011, the latest period for which full data is available.

Cities and metro areas are increasingly recognized as engines of the economy and of job creation. That is certainly the case with these job creation numbers. As Renn points out: "On the whole it was a much better year for metros than we've seen in the recent past. The national economy added jobs and all but two large metros did as well." Over the same time period, the national unemployment rate dropped from 9.1 percent to 8.3 percent and 329 of the 372 metropolitan areas had lower unemployment rates in December than one year earlier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even where it is considered " good" , unemployment rate is bad.

Indiana has been looking mighty good lately.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Indiana is better than most , if you stay out of the major cities, pretty good.

There are several large office buildings going up near my house, so someone is expanding. Or maybe it's the low interest rates.

Northern Virginia is cutting back in expectation of some fiscal cliff problems. Large warehouse for the marines have been shut down. Which effects the local eateries, shops and everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Indiana has been looking mighty good lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Indiana is better than most , if you stay out of the major cities, pretty good.
    One of the best places to live. Low cost of living, state has a huge budget surplus. We're putting the rest of the 50 states to shame. My man Mitch for president!

Quote Originally Posted by madengr View Post
    There are several large office buildings going up near my house, so someone is expanding. Or maybe it's the low interest rates.
    same here. another building boom....

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    One of the best places to live. Low cost of living, state has a huge budget surplus. We're putting the rest of the 50 states to shame. My man Mitch for president!
    And you are from ?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So , basically , here is where I am , labor market is $#@! , looks to be $#@! for the future.

I am from Indiana and there are some great advantages here from a liberty perspective. However, there is also the negative sides, such as recent IN Supreme Court rulings that removed our right as private citizens to defend against illegal search. In essence, they granted police the ability to basically ignore a warrant and your only recourse is via the courts.

Nonetheless, we were rated #3 in some freedom index a while back. Also, Indianapolis was rated one of the best places to live and also one of the best for cost of living.
    Last edited by dusman; 12-19-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love