Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, I just decided to run for office.

Start getting your name out there now. Good luck, very excited!

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Move to NH now as you need to claim to be here for 2 years before you may run for state house

But seriously, please remember to take bit coins and run on the green party. Or even the LP, after all, it did start in CO.

Btw, I heard Jesse Benton is looking for a job.
    BAD advice. Do not run as a third party candidate.

I will bet Bernanke's tripled monetary base that you get less than 5% if you do that.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Run as whatever you want. Challenge the encumbants! Imagine getting enough agitated people to run on the same platform for every office.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    BAD advice. Do not run as a third party candidate.

I will bet Bernanke's tripled monetary base that you get less than 5% if you do that.
    Very true. Unless you are an extremely well known, connected, well funded, experienced, respected individual whom nearly everyone in the district knows by name running as a third party candidate is a waste of time and money.

Take the path of least resistance, and be sure you do a damn good job for your constituents if you win.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    Very true. Unless you are an extremely well known, connected, well funded, experienced, respected individual whom nearly everyone in the district knows by name running as a third party candidate is a waste of time and money.

Take the path of least resistance, and be sure you do a damn good job for your constituents if you win.
    I like that phrase.

I like that phrase.
    Tip toe safely to death?

We're not here for long.

I like that phrase.
    It only makes sense. I looked at 2010 CO State House results for the general. Depending on the district it takes 10,000-20,000 votes to win the seat. If the seat is in a Republican district, your fight will be in the primary election. From what I see you can win the primary with around 2,000-3000 votes. That is a lot less time, money and legwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Monotaur View Post
    OK, I just spoke to my wife. I'm going to run for office, probably next cycle. Probably a state house seat.

I can't wait. Building some cred within my local party now, so hopefully they will be supportive.
    Thank you sir!
    "The average person figures that the president tells the truth, the vice president tells the truth, the secretary of state tell the truth; and they don't. They don't. The founders understood that people would be flawed, that political leaders would not be the best of men … so they set forth the constitution. We don't follow the constitution in this country; had we done so in 2001 and 2002, the world would be a different place" - Karen Kwiatkowski

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Tip toe safely to death?

We're not here for long.
    Is losing desirable or something? Did you see what I highlighted?

I think not challenging is an automatic loss.

Yes, you highlighted the path of least resistance.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks again for everyone's encouragement. I live in CO's HD10, for those that have asked, which is one of the most Democratic HD's in the state, which is a huge challenge in many ways.

And to answer Matt's question, I have actually taken a class from Campaign For Liberty and the Leadership Institute and have been extremely happy with both. I've also helped out on some local races and have helped to organize volunteers, so I have seen at least a little bit of the 'inside' work of a campaign.

Truthfully, it's exciting.
    Thank you for all of your service Ron Paul. You have awakened a great number of liberty minded folks, and inspired many to run for office themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Monotaur View Post
    Thanks again for everyone's encouragement. I live in CO's HD10, for those that have asked, which is one of the most Democratic HD's in the state, which is a huge challenge in many ways.

And to answer Matt's question, I have actually taken a class from Campaign For Liberty and the Leadership Institute and have been extremely happy with both. I've also helped out on some local races and have helped to organize volunteers, so I have seen at least a little bit of the 'inside' work of a campaign.

Truthfully, it's exciting.
    I really hope you consider running as a Liberty Democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

May the force be with you

You got European support even!
    ^^ my 2 devaluated cents

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    WTF? The party of lawyers?? THE Communist Lawyers Guild of America..since 1933.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    WTF? The party of lawyers?? THE Communist Lawyers Guild of America..since 1933.

Rev9
    The status quo has two shots at winning a primary to participate in the General. R and D.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    Yep. Look at Tennessee's Mark Clayton for inspiration.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12