Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wow..Watching Clint Eastwood is SAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy_of_Politics View Post
    Clint Eastwood gets more applause than Romney.

Imagine the significance of that?

Clint is borderline senile and nearly incoherent.

Romney is just full of rhetoric.

Apparently senile and incoherent achieves more applause.

Maybe Ron Paul should run again when he truly is "too old to be President." :P
    don't even suggest to doctor ron paul that in 2016

he could turn conventional wisdom on its head...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also from MSNBC:

BetsyMTPBetsyMTP Ya think? RT @WestWingReport: Romney campaign says the Eastwood empty chair speech was ad libbed

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Nothing. He was, in a disjointed manner, calling for unity and mentioned that Republicans, Democrats, libertarians (or did he mean Libertarians?) and etc. had more in common than not.
    the whole effect of the nightclub bentwood chair routine mesmerized the GOP RNC

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    cool, republican, democrat, OR LIBERTARIAN. hmmmm
    Yes. This, plus the ONLY political talking points he made were about bringing the troops home, and half-way about closing Gitmo. Of course its beyond foolish to endorse Romney, but thats about the only thing he said that I disagree with (how about you?). Then again, Rand endorsed Romney too.

Some of you on this board are just as bad as the Repubs and Dems with how your predetermined bias will completely obscure any chance you have at stabbing at objectivity.

I think Romney/Ryan begged him to come up there, and he went ahead and did it, on his terms.

Clint's speech was the only half-decent speech at the RNC.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Yes. This, plus the ONLY political talking points he made were about bringing the troops home, and half-way about closing Gitmo. Of course its beyond foolish to endorse Romney, but thats about the only thing he said that I disagree with (how about you?). Then again, Rand endorsed Romney too.

Some of you on this board are just as bad as the Repubs and Dems with how your predetermined bias will completely obscure any chance you have at stabbing at objectivity.

I think Romney/Ryan begged him to come up there, and he went ahead and did it, on his terms.

Clint's speech was the only half-decent speech at the RNC.
    Oh, trust me. We love the libertarian and anti-war drops in his speech.

But, I am disappointed in Clint for endorsing Romney.
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    He just seemed so old..That was what was sad.
    Well, Clint is 82 years old.

Tube?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

Bless his heart, he looks like Trump's hairdresser got ahold of him.

Thanks for the toob. Made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Bless his heart, he looks like Trump's hairdresser got ahold of him.
    Couldn't be. It was tousled. Hurricane Isaac couldn't have moved that cement on Trump's head.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-30-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks one that has to put up with AF.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm pretty sure he needs to be in a home.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Well I guess I'm glad at how much people put down the speech because I wasn't disappointed. He clearly (IMO) slammed the Afghanistan war. (Ask the Russians how theirs went. Why don't just pull the troops out tomorrow instead of announcing a date?) I'm glad he mentioned "libertarian". The economic stuff was to be expected. It's funny that some folks just wanted to hear him say "Go ahead, make my day". Yeah he's wrong about Gitmo, but so is Rand.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Just watched it, he was funny.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

that was pretty good.

They said his chair routine was completely ad lib.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Thanks for the toob. Made my day.
    i see what you did there.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

I liked it. He was entertaining, and the Afghanistan/Russia part Made My Day.

Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    i see what you did there.
    I humbly apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I understood what Clint was saying, I couldn't do that to myself either.

Wow, he really was anti-war in the speech. He was pro-Gitmo, but anti-war.

So they don't vet his speech and let him adlib anti-war rhetoric, but Ron Paul isn't allowed to speak? What a disgrace.

I think the speech was not good but I also think it's not beneficial to criticize it. Maybe it's my bias but I think most of America has a soft spot in their heart for Eastwood. It was a smart move to get him to speak.

I thought it was the best speech of the convention.

What he did there was brilliant if you watch closely.

Quote Originally Posted by jmag View Post
    Unfortunately, I think he was saying Obama was crazy to want to close gitmo (trying terrorists in nyc) and to bring the troops home from Afghanistan on a certain date, or tomorrow. I hope I got it wrong.
    That was my take too, although he did question the wisdom of going into Afghanistan by talking about the Soviet experience there.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know why people are calling it crazy. I thought he did a good job considering he's the only $#@!ing guy to not blow rainbows out his ass and say bullcrap like "the American people this/that..."

Sorry, but I am passionate in my disdain for the disingenuous. I have more respect for someone who is talking about the voices in their head than I do for anyone else on that stage.

Look at it this way, in one foul swoop Clint Eastwood may have done more to change the mindset of the average republican on war than we did this whole time campaigning for Ron Paul.

He is very backwards when he defends the existence of Guantanamo Bay and makes an inference that prosecuting "terrorists" in courts in NYC or in any u.s. court would not work. He basically told us that we need military tribunals and detention camps because the u.s. judicial system is incapable of having any kind of justice?Then what the $#@! does he think is good about the executive branch having that kind of power?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast