Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow..Watching Clint Eastwood is SAD.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    What did that one person scream out at the end?
    I think "make my day" or something

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    What did that one person scream out at the end?
    she wanted him to say his dirty harry line.

BTW, classless of Rubio to ask for prayers to go out to cuba, while people in the gulf coast are being swamped with a hurricane. being from florida, he needs to be more aware of the disasters that are happening around him and that could happen to his home state.

f rubio.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post

BTW, classless of Rubio to ask for prayers to go out to cuba, while people in the gulf coast are being swamped with a hurricane. being from florida, he needs to be more aware of the disasters that are happening around him and that could happen to his home state.

f rubio.
    Valid point is valid.

Poor judgment there.

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    So DID he actually endorse Romney?

I musta missed it.

It seemed like he was encouraging people to vote for NICE GUYS...that would be RON, of course.
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, because when he said we didn't have to vote for the nice guy, it sounded like he was telling people that they didn't have to vote for Romney. Remember the last umpteen hours have been tearjerking stories about how wonderful Williard is, solely intended to make Mittens seem less plastic.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-30-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Leave Clint alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post

f rubio.
    Rubio's interests are elsewhere.

He may have grown up in the United States, but he is a Cuban raised in a community that has been agitating for the USA to overthrow the Castro regime for decades. So, it should come as little surprise that Rubio is so content to ignore the American national interest in favor of the latest neocon cause du jour. Because neocons, regardless of their background, have limited allegiance to the national interest, they see the nation primarily as a means rather than an end.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, because when he said we didn't have to vote for the nice guy, it sounded like he was telling people that they didn't have to vote for Romney. Remember the last umpteen hours have been tearjerking stories about how wonder Williard is, solely intended to make Mittens seem less plastic.
    Exactly. And he said LIBERTARIAN, too.

Hmmmmm...Yep, those security guards were nervous all right. For sure. Heh.

And ya know what else?

I bet Clint Eastwood isn't all that keen on Mittens' stance on the Second Amendment, either.

HAHAHA!

Unfortunately, I think he was saying Obama was crazy to want to close gitmo (trying terrorists in nyc) and to bring the troops home from Afghanistan on a certain date, or tomorrow. I hope I got it wrong. Of course Obama wouldn't do those things anyway but RP would. Sucks when those positions get branded as leftist weakness..
    Last edited by jmag; 08-30-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Watching the convention on justin tv and this is what the broadcaster said while I was watching Clint Eastwood.

I was floored.

When I asked for validation of what I just read he said:

I know, not eveyrone will agree.
    So I say your the first Ron Paul supporter I've heard that's said that.

and he says:

but, that's my lesser of two choice.
    and I say what made you decide to support Romney was it Rand Paul speech?

He says:

Obama!

» You didn't build that, NDAA, executive orders etc....unemployment...

» on and on.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So it was a speech telling us to vote for Johnson then?
    Last edited by Lucille; 08-30-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Exactly. And he said LIBERTARIAN, too.

Hmmmmm...Yep, those security guards were nervous all right. For sure. Heh.
    That would have been good,, Security dragging Clint out on live TV.

That would have made my day.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Yes, perhaps. I didn't hear him mention any names.

LOLOL!

"For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

Quote Originally Posted by jmag View Post
    Unfortunately, I think he was saying Obama was crazy to want to close gitmo (trying terrorists in nyc) and to bring the troops home from Afghanistan on a certain date, or tomorrow. I hope I got it wrong.
    That's what I heard too, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    or to change their vote while convention is over and vote for Ron. Clint liked Ron earlier in the election, at least.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    That's what I heard too, I think.
    I remember him saying Obama is the guy who wanted to try terrorists in NYC and scoffing, so I think you're both right. His delivery came off as scattered, IMO.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

I couldn't watch his whole routine. I had to keep switching the channel in order to keep my head from exploding so I missed what he said about libertarians. What did he say?
    All your voter base are belong to us!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just remember that all Americans are not as stupid as those at the RNC clapping for this $#@!.

Clint has called himself a libertarian in the past. He's not a hardcore partisan. I followed his speech and he wasn't running off a teleprompter, just saying what came to mind. He was acting like Obama was sitting in the chair next to him and mentioned how Obama promised to close Gitmo and get the troops out of Afghanistan and that we should have asked Russia how invading Afghanistan worked out before going in. He's getting old but he's got a new movie coming out and he was pretty funny overall. I liked his speech better than the Rubio fluff Im hearing right now at least.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

He just seemed so old..That was what was sad.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-points-of-fright View Post
    I couldn't watch his whole routine. I had to keep switching the channel in order to keep my head from exploding so I missed what he said about libertarians. What did he say?
    Nothing. He was, in a disjointed manner, calling for unity and mentioned that Republicans, Democrats, libertarians (or did he mean Libertarians?) and etc. had more in common than not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Clint has called himself a libertarian in the past. He's not a hardcore partisan. I followed his speech and he wasn't running off a teleprompter, just saying what came to mind. ]He was acting like Obama was sitting in the chair next to him and mentioned how Obama promised to close Gitmo and get the troops out of Afghanistan and that we should have asked Russia how invading Afghanistan worked out before going in. He's getting old but he's got a new movie coming out and he was pretty funny overall. I liked his speech better than the Rubio fluff Im hearing right now at least.
    well, if he said that, he probably wasn't reading a teleprompter.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

This was on MSNBC:

DomenicoNBC Eastwood surprises GOP convention - maybe in more ways than one http://t.co/CaogLVwz

RNC 2012: Clint Eastwood’s speech to the Republican convention in Tampa (full text)
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...9_story_1.html

Peter Suderman@petersudermanEastwood speech as transcribable as Romney's tax plan is scorable MT @sarahkliff: Full Clint Eastwood transcript here: wapo.st/N2uY6e
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    He's talking to an invisible Obama in the chair, and it has actually gotten better. While he is endorsing Romney, Eastwood would have been a better choice than anyone besides Paul, and certainly is getting more sincere applause than any other speaker so far.
    he nailed it if you think how george carlin did his comedy gigs

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ..................................... !!! ......................................
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    And Clint was scaring the crap out of them there for a minute. lol

So DID he actually endorse Romney?

I musta missed it.

It seemed like he was encouraging people to vote

for NICE GUYS...that would be RON, of course.
    its a thought....

I was hoping he would "make their day."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast