Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wow..Watching Clint Eastwood is SAD.

OMG Look at Ann Romney's face in reaction to watching Eastwood:

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-cycle/48864014/#48864014
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

I'm pretty sure Clint was making fun of Republican's silly arguments for Gitmo, not supporting it.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

I thought it was a great speech and it totally upstaged Romney.

I know you were against the war in Iraq, and that's OK. You thought the war in Afghanistan was OK. You know, I mean -- you thought that was something worth doing. We didn't check with the Russians to see how they did there there for 10 years. But we did it, and it is something to be thought about, and I think that, when we get to maybe -- I think you've mentioned something about having a target date for bringing everybody home. You gave that target date, and I think Mr. Romney asked the only sensible question, you know, he says, "Why are you giving the date out now? Why don't you just bring them home tomorrow morning?"
    Last edited by EBounding; 08-31-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Two questions.

One, did Clint really think that Romney's true position is to bring the troops home tomorrow?

Two, did Romney even utter a statement such as that? If so, does anyone have the quote?

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    It's still the subject of talk radio on the evening drive. It was such a surreal speech that nobody remembers what Romney said or wants to discuss it.

I just realized that not even Ron Paul could have spoken as strongly anti-war as this quote from Eastwood, since Ron Paul voted for the Afghanistan war (although he didn't want to occupy):

"You thought the war in Afghanistan was OK. You know, I mean -- you thought that was something worth doing. We didn't check with the Russians to see how they did there there for 10 years. But we did it, and it is something to be thought about,"

In fact, he could've been speaking those first couple sentences to Ron Paul, chastising him for being a warmonger, since he voted for it.

That's how extremely anti-war Eastwood's speech was.

And yet they wouldn't let Dr. Paul even speak!
    Last edited by JJ2; 08-31-2012 at 06:01 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How is it that Eastwood managed an un-edited and unapproved speech at the RNC but our nominee with our army of delegates can't get a speech? They don't trust potential Commanders-in-Chiefs with unvetted speeches but let ACTORS ramble on taking up twice their time allotment with un-edited material?
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

I loved everything about the great Clint Eastwood speech, and in my opinion, he knew exactly what he was talking about.
    I downloaded it in HD and watched it a few times.

Clint Eastwood's empty chair, that he used in his RNC speech, for anyone who has never been to acting school, is known as a Stage Prop or Theatrical Property.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatrical_property

And this was the best joke about it I heard so far;
    Clint was told he would have to talk about Obamacare, he thought they said Obama "Chair"
    Too Funny!

I'm still voting for President Barack Obama because the system is still totally corrupt on both sides and needs a bigger enema!
    The Oligarchy is still the most important institution in society. That's why I'm still voting for OBAMA!!

The crowd's not going for it Romney, SORRY!
    You are everything that's wrong with America. God Bless you. Make all the money you can with the legal system you and your ilk created.
    But for the rest of us, That's not the country we want.

The Jewtub MSM and their twisted other media are going to tell you what to think about the CE speech, and not discuss any of the topics and actual words he used in that speech.
    All the words in Clint Eastwood's speech were truth. Tell me which words and phrases were lies?
    Last edited by michaelwise; 08-31-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    Abolish the Privately Owned Federal Reserve Bank Corporation!
    How many more times are we going to let them screw up our economy?

Did Clint actually say "what is the opinion of the chair"? I just watched and didn't see it. Maybe you guys mean just that he was talking to/getting an opinion from a chair?

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Thanks for the link. I really like this guys videos.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345