Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Walter Block: Cheered at Paul Festival, booed at official Ron Paul rally

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2 View Post
    Actually, I think he's dumb enough to not know better. The fact that he is an austrian economic philosopher does not make him an expert at anything. Ok, maybe it makes him an austrian philosopher, but not a lot else. A lot of you need to get over this hero-worship of austrian economics. Believe me, it will help you.
    Please. Enlighten me. How will it "help me" to "get over this hero-worship [whatever that is supposed to mean] of [A]ustrain economics" ?

Being an economic philosopher does not make him an expert at anything else - like knowing how to talk to a crowd, etc, etc, etc.
    Hmmmmm. I see. So then, either:

(1) you are an expert on Austrian economics and/or public speaking

OR

(2) you are NOT an expert on Austrian economics and/or public speaking, and (by your own "logic") should therefore STFU

I'm guessing (2) is the correct alternative.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can make the same statements after a natural birth. Wanna save more babies or not?

I want all babies to have a full and natural birth. The fact is society is $#@!ed in the head. I am not going to skew my morals to fit some loose tarts schedule for fetal removal after a one night stand. The situation is ass backwards. The legs shouldn't be flipped in the air and the baby should not pay the price for the mother's indiscretions. If I am gonna fantasize how it can be a different world I am not choosing the Borg path thanks. Mother nature always knows WTF she is up to. Man's interference in these processes with his "scientific wisdom" is definitely in the Frankensteinian myth category.

Let me propose a scenario. Your dog is pregnant. It needs to run around without being encumbered by the pregnancy...because some idiot thinks so for example.. So you stick your arm up the not yet birthing canal and drag them puppies out one by one. Don't matter whether they are viable or not..hell they are only dogs and any brain damage or health effects won't matter as if it dies then so what. But..is this not cruel? I think it is due to the unnaturalness of it, the confusion of the bitch and the utter bewilderment of the puppies who were not ready to come into the world. Are our women lower than dogs in their moral standing? Should we be arguing to keep them there?

Make mine nature
    Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

You can make the same statements after a natural birth. Wanna save more babies or not?

I want all babies to have a full and natural birth. The fact is society is $#@!ed in the head. I am not going to skew my morals to fit some loose tarts schedule for fetal removal after a one night stand. The situation is ass backwards. The legs shouldn't be flipped in the air and the baby should not pay the price for the mother's indiscretions. If I am gonna fantasize how it can be a different world I am not choosing the Borg path thanks. Mother nature always knows WTF she is up to. Man's interference in these processes with his "scientific wisdom" is definitely in the Frankensteinian myth category.

Let me propose a scenario. Your dog is pregnant. It needs to run around without being encumbered by the pregnancy...because some idiot thinks so for example.. So you stick your arm up the not yet birthing canal and drag them puppies out one by one. Don't matter whether they are viable or not..hell they are only dogs and any brain damage or health effects won't matter as if it dies then so what. But..is this not cruel? I think it is due to the unnaturalness of it, the confusion of the bitch and the utter bewilderment of the puppies who were not ready to come into the world. Are our women lower than dogs in their moral standing? Should we be arguing to keep them there?

Make mine nature
    Rev9

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Walter Block, not David Koch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    To me, this is FAR more disturbing than l'affaire Block. Tom Woods gave a kick-ass speech - hell, it was THE most kick-ass speech - at the Rally for the Republic back in '08.

Woods is one the best speakers in the movement. Not inviting him to speak - apparently out nothing more than petty spitefulness - indicates something about the character of certain persons involved in the campaign.
    When asked about the Rally, Tom answered: "I made too many enemies (well, two) in the campaign to be invited to that." If Benton and Taft look at Woods as a fringe, I would like to be in the fringe as well.
    There is a will, there is a way!

[QUOTE=king_nothing_;4616951]I'm sorry, but to call a Ron Paul rally a Republican function is the dumbest thing I've heard so far today. It was a Ron Paul function. It was a liberty movement function. Its purpose was to celebrate a man and to celebrate a philosophy (not Republican Partyism). The fact that he is a Republican does not make it a Republican function. [QUOTE]

Did you miss the republiCAN rebranding? I'd say it was most definatley a republican function. Inappropirate subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_florida View Post
    When asked about the Rally, Tom answered: "I made too many enemies (well, two) in the campaign to be invited to that." If Benton and Taft look at Woods as a fringe, I would like to be in the fringe as well.
    Same here. Although, of course, being "fringe" had nothing to do with it. That's just the excuse Benton & Co. use for being asswipes because Woods dissed them.

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post

Make mine nature
    Rev9
    So I take it you are against in vitro fertilization? Because it ain't exactly "natural". Also did you read my earlier link about in vivo fertilization from back in 1983?

http://www.nytimes.com/1983/06/14/sc...pagewanted=all

Do you believe that an embryo that is transplanted from the womb of one mother who doesn't want it to the womb of another mother who wants it is better off than an embryo that's aborted? Because under the paradigm we're in now, whether you like it or not, the "tart" (who may have been raped), can just kill the embryo and be done with it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So I take it you are against in vitro fertilization? Because it ain't exactly "natural". Also did you read my earlier link about in vivo fertilization from back in 1983?

http://www.nytimes.com/1983/06/14/sc...pagewanted=all

Do you believe that an embryo that is transplanted from the womb of one mother who doesn't want it to the womb of another mother who wants it is better off than an embryo that's aborted? Because under the paradigm we're in now, whether you like it or not, the "tart" (who may have been raped), can just kill the embryo and be done with it.
    Call me nature boy. If ya can't breed then why eff up the gene pool any worse than it has been. If ya ain't gonna take it to term don't flip yer bloody legs in the air. If ya do and you used prophylaxis of some sort but still caused a person to occur, then deal with it. It has happened well over 7 billions times in the last century alone.

The rape thing is overblown as a happenstance. It should be dealt with case by case. Mary Lou who was on lovers lane with Bobby Joe was not raped. Sue was dragged into an alley by someone she didn't know and hurt real bad in many ways. One is rape..the other is stupidity.

Rev9
    Last edited by Revolution9; 08-31-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    Call me nature boy. If ya can't breed then why eff up the gene pool any worse than it has been. If ya ain't gonna take it to term don't flip yer bloody legs in the air. If ya do and you used prophylaxis of some sort but still caused a person to occur, then deal with it. It has happened well over 7 billions times in the last century alone.

The rape thing is overblown as a happenstance. It should be dealt with case by case. Mary Lou who was on lovers lane with Bobby Joe was not raped. Sue was dragged into an alley by someone she didn't know and hurt real bad in many ways. One is rape..the other is stupidity.

Rev9
    Okay. I'll boil it down to just one question. Do you believe that an embryo that is transplanted from the womb of one mother who doesn't want it to the womb of another mother who wants it is better off than an embryo that's aborted?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Bump for another thread.

I don't agree with Walter Block on every issue. This is one issue that I don't agree with him on. Don't get me wrong, I like the principles involved with it, but Walter would say that if eviction is equivalent to killing, too bad for the unborn child. I disagree with Block.

Then again, as far as atheism goes, most of them are blind state worshippers. Walter Block is much closer to the truth as far as political theory goes than I could ever expect from an atheist. I can say this for him, he does value the unborn. Far too many people don't.

But he's still wrong. Evicting a child from the womb knowing full well he/she would die is no more acceptable than inviting a five year old into your house before a blizzard, than throwing them out into a storm because you don't want them there.

Regarding this topic's timing, Walter apologized for talking about evictionism once he was made aware that he had promised to do something else. So I don't see why continuing to be mad about it has any purpose.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Wish Randy (Rev9) would post some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You beat me to it. I was just going to say that very thing.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    You beat me to it. I was just going to say that very thing.
    Me three. "Yer a pair of mind-readers, ya drool donkeys!"
    (*sigh* ... it's just not the same ... ah, well ...)

-- The Law (p. 54)
      -- Government (p. 99)

Bump for another thread.
    Interesting choice of necro-bumpage, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345