Thread: Sen Mitch McConnell is up for reelection in 2014

Thumbs up Sen Mitch McConnell is up for reelection in 2014

What I would pay to see a Massie primary
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You haven't read Sun Tzu, have you, Matt?
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-30-2012 at 11:00 AM.

I think Rand Paul would make a wonderful senior senator for the beautiful state of Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You haven't read Sun Tzu, have you, Matt?
    For most of the Campaign it was sitting on my night stand, I read the first few pages, but haven't been able to get through the rest due to time constraints. It is in my pile of about 500+ books I need to read.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    For most of the Campaign it was sitting on my night stand, I read the first few pages, but haven't been able to get through the rest due to time constraints. It is in my pile of about 500+ books I need to read.
    You could turn off your computer and read it right now...

We might need a 2014 candidates forum imho. Tom Davis is going to be running against Lindsay Graham, it seems. Although eventually, if he pans out, I hope he'll have his own subforum.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-30-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

is jack hunter going to help out tom davis in 2014?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    is jack hunter going to help out tom davis in 2014?
    I would assume so, though Jack isn't a power broker for sure.

Amen. Though it now seems you're for McConnell, Collins:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lls-all!/page7
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 09-16-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I think Rand Paul would make a wonderful senior senator for the beautiful state of Kentucky.
    Actually, I don't think a current senator is prevented from running for the other senator slot and retiring from his current if he wins.

Not that it's ever happened, or will that election, but it would be interesting to see.

you could have a sitting senator running in the party's primary for
    the other seat, winning... and then going into the general election
    and if sucessful, the senator resigns only to see senator who had
    the other seat winning the primary for the special election and then
    the general election in a total swapping of senate seats? the very
    ancient & longstanding custom in the senate of accumulating a high
    degree of seniority put a stop to these poly~sci flukes most totally.

From what I hear around from Tea Party people, there will be no challenge to McConnell. It's grin-and-bear-it in 2014.

McConnell has positioned himself well in 2014. I don't think it will be worth the effort to unseat him in 2014. We could run liberty candidates South Carolina, Alaska, Minnesota, New Hampshire, etc with the money and political capital it would take to take down McConnell.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Actually, I don't think a current senator is prevented from running for the other senator slot and retiring from his current if he wins.

Not that it's ever happened, or will that election, but it would be interesting to see.
    Um, the two 'slots' are identical. You have a senator and you have another senator. Period. So, the reason we've never seen a senator step down from the senate after winning his or her election two years later to run against the other senator. It would make no sense at all. Both their votes count the same.

The senior senator is the one of the two who has been a senator the longest. The junior senator is the one from a particular state who has not been in the Senate the longest. And when the senior senator retires or gets beat, the person who takes over is then (obviously) the junior senator. Even though he took the senior senator's seat.

If anything run a 3rd party conservative to split the vote

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thomas Massie for Senate?
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    From what I hear around from Tea Party people, there will be no challenge to McConnell. It's grin-and-bear-it in 2014.
    Which just goes to show you TP people are definitely not liberty people.

Mitch needs to be taken OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    McConnell might be too big of a task to pull off, being in charge of the Senate establishment.
    Unfortunately it's true. However the benefits of having someone run against him anyway, if done right, could make it worth while even if they won't win.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Amen. Though it now seems you're for McConnell, Collins:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lls-all!/page7
    HA HA HA, no not hardly. I don't support Mitch in any way at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I had heard rumors that David Adams might be considering it?

If we do not mount a primary challenge (we only have Massie and Hightower in the wings, so we probably won't), then I suggest we support the Democrat. ABM=Anyone but Mitch!
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Its funny how people join McConnell instead of working to remove his bastard ass from senate. Yeah ,I get it there is a lot of money involved and its just easier to join them if you can't beat them. I understand its the "smart" thing to do.I hate politics.