Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i think rand has to level with us...

Thumbs up i think rand has to level with us...

where do we all go from here
    for many of us gave our 100%

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Rand needs to use his speaking time tomorrow to level with the PARTY, not us.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Rand knew he would have to play politics to be considered for 2016. I say 2016 because Romney will lose, so there will be no second term. If Rand was to come off as a chip off the old block, then the media would dismiss him just like they do with Ron. So Rand started his 2016 bid the second he got elected as a senator. He is not betraying us, he is lying to the GOP. He takes actions as a Senator that confirms he is about liberty and the Constitution, but when interviewed, he tows the party line enough so the GOP does not raise their eyebrows.
    Rand will be the nominee in 2016 and he will be elected. The steps he is taking and playing a republican on tv but acting like a constitutionalist on the senate floor are things many of us wish Ron would have done to fool the non believers.

Just keep doing what you do best. For some, that's trying to influence people and/or win an election for a local party position. For others, it's doing the same but with the LP or Democrats. Maybe some will continue to blog/write/create videos. Or perhaps just do nothing other than give money towards candidates.

Whatever you are doing...

Keep doing it and do more of it, thank you very much
    "The average person figures that the president tells the truth, the vice president tells the truth, the secretary of state tell the truth; and they don't. They don't. The founders understood that people would be flawed, that political leaders would not be the best of men … so they set forth the constitution. We don't follow the constitution in this country; had we done so in 2001 and 2002, the world would be a different place" - Karen Kwiatkowski

Rand doesn't owe me anything. He is a Senator from Kentucky and I never lived there, and I may have never even been there before. Rand represents the state of Kentucky so he owes them to do what he said he would do while he was running. I wouldn't look for Rand to run for president in 2016, he is too green in politics for that and I am not quite sure he even wants to.
    Last edited by RickyJ; 08-28-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Rand said that the reason he endorsed Mitt while Ron didn't is a difference in strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    I think rand has to level with us...
    He did on Sunday: "Do you want to eliminate the TSA?"
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    Rand knew he would have to play politics to be considered for 2016. I say 2016 because Romney will lose, so there will be no second term. If Rand was to come off as a chip off the old block, then the media would dismiss him just like they do with Ron. So Rand started his 2016 bid the second he got elected as a senator. He is not betraying us, he is lying to the GOP. He takes actions as a Senator that confirms he is about liberty and the Constitution, but when interviewed, he tows the party line enough so the GOP does not raise their eyebrows.
    Rand will be the nominee in 2016 and he will be elected. The steps he is taking and playing a republican on tv but acting like a constitutionalist on the senate floor are things many of us wish Ron would have done to fool the non believers.
    I agree. It's a messy business and It does not appear that he enjoys playing nice with them. Just see how he defended us the entire time everyone else was pushing NDAA. He is one of us and will have my vote. He's smart.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand knows what he's doing. Getting some here to understand is another question.

And we need to start saving...
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    And we need to start saving...
    Our first test will be funding Tom Davis to fight Lindsey Graham in 2014. We need to raise $5 million if we're serious. If we win it will send shock waves through the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Our first test will be funding Tom Davis to fight Lindsey Graham in 2014. We need to raise $5 million if we're serious. If we win it will send shock waves through the establishment.
    Which will also greatly improve the chances of winning SC in the 2016 primaries.

Well, unless RP goes indy, most of us are done for 2012. If you are not working on a liberty candidates campaign, then 2014 started today.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Which will also greatly improve the chances of winning SC in the 2016 primaries.
    I didn't even take that into consideration. That's an excellent point and thinking strategically

I didn't even take that into consideration. That's an excellent point and thinking strategically
    Thanks
    Need to go now, been online too long.

We would likely get endorsements from BOTH South Carolina senators (Demint and Davis), which would be a HUGE advantage going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    We would likely get endorsements from BOTH South Carolina senators (Demint and Davis), which would be a HUGE advantage going in.
    Not to mention Mark Sanford if he repairs his standing by then, which he might.

Rand obviously wants us to vote for the scumbag Romney since he endorsed him.

Quote Originally Posted by PreDeadMan View Post
    I bet you get confused when people don't type "sarcasm" after their sarcastic post. lol, or maybe my sarcasm detector is broken.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Not to mention Mark Sanford if he repairs his standing by then, which he might.
    I like Sanford, but I don't see him being infulential in SC. A lot of people still hold that charade against him, and honestly I don't blame them.

Tom Davis is a key stone if their ever was one. Jim Demint says he is retiring so we need to be prepared to finance his replacement too, so far Lee Bright is promising.

Edit: Video Lee Bright just posted on FB.

Last edited by The Goat; 08-29-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    I bet you get confused when people don't type "sarcasm" after their sarcastic post. lol, or maybe my sarcasm detector is broken.

Wow. You got sarcasm detector? I want one of those. Where can I buy them?

Sidenote:

Name 2 senators who are better than Rand Paul.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Everyone should listen to this. I hadn't and it is quite enlightening.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, right, sure. And Ron Paul obviously wanted us to vote for the scumbag Lamar Smith since he endorsed him.

I never cease to marvel at the massive blind-spot the Ron-loving-Rand-haters have for double standards.

Oh, well. Haters gonna hate, I guess.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Name 2 senators who are better than Rand Paul.
    Two? I can't even name one.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I tell you what, Rand can bring a lot of people to him if he throws out the prepared script. He doesn't have to "dis-endorse" Romney, but he needs to tell it like it is.

To be honest I was impressed with his CNN interview. He is very good at politics. But if he can show just a little bit of indignation at what happen to his father's supporters at the convention and say "Hey they have as much right to be here as you" and "the road to victory lies at inclusion not exclusion" then he can win them back to him. Right now they feel like he doesn't care about them. Now that may not be true, but he has to show it.

Bottom line he has to sum up with the past five years have meant for him and his family and what it can mean for the GOP going forward. If he doesn't, if he just gives Romney's prepared speech, I predict it will fall flat.

i'm a baystater and i have seen the way senator ted kennedy won our elections for most of my lifetime.
    the sequence of speakers for yesterday's tampa convention started with fresh young faces who were house
    race contenders taking on sitting Democrats and then got sorta better as we went to the heavyweights.
    governor christie of new jersey delivered again for mitt with a galvanizing taunting of our urbane sitting potus.
    the media now is drumming up support for the tad less charismatic and more nerdy budget geek who may
    be our next veep. i feel rand paul has to not be petty or stupid as he explains to this old GOP their very soul.
    if we all see the media contrasting rand paul with paul ryan, as they try to understand this party platform,
    then maybe all our bold hopes, dreams and efforts will have their acknowledgement as rand defines for us all a
    new focus for all our tomorrows. if doctor ron paul helps us connect to robert taft via senator AuH2o, then
    maybe if dr. rand paul thru us as a movement extends this philosophy into the second half of the 21st century
    we can feel we have accomplished many of our mutual goals as we keep our options open for 2014 & 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Everyone should listen to this. I hadn't and it is quite enlightening.
    DITTO THAT!

We again are at a crossroads.
    There may be a Blue Wave, yes.
    But HONEST GOP contenders
    Ccan swim against it and win.
    Support Gunnyfreedom's run!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast