Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAJOR Delegate Control PowerPlay by Romney - wants Dels to SIGN TO AGREE TO EVERYTHING &

MAJOR Delegate Control PowerPlay by Romney - wants Dels to SIGN TO AGREE TO EVERYTHING &

more

Freedom is messy, but Mitt Romney is a neat-freak.

That's the message Linda Bean of the Maine Republicans is getting here at the 2012 convention.

Bean is about as iconic as a Maine Republican can be. A member of the famous L.L. Bean family — full disclosure, I'm wearing an LL Bean shirt as I type this — Bean has a lobster business and a lobster restaurant. She's a long-time member of the party who loves Barry Goldwater and Milton Friedman and Ludwig Von Mises and Ron Paul.

The last one is the problem. Ron Paul troubles the Republicans because he's libertarian on social issues and, as Bean puts it, he doesn't want America to be "the policeman of the world." And when he says he wants small government he really, really means it.

For these sins, the RNC voted to disinvite the Paul delegates and substitute pro-Romney delegates. This morning all around town, Paul delegates were voting to boycott the convention if they're not reinstated by tomorrow.

Then it got ugly.

"They just don't want us on the floor," Bean says. "They're afraid."

The latest hassle was a document the Romney wants them to sign. "They want us all to sign that we will agree with everything in the convention."

Everything?

"Yeah, sign here that you will not oppose anything that Romney brings forth."

That ain't gonna fly with a bunch of libertarians, Bean says. "He's too controlling.”

That's not all.

"We aren’t even allowed to have our credentials for the next day — they're passing them out new every day. What does that mean?"

more at link:

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...#ixzz24mjSVPHP
    they should NOT boycott. They should participate, Mittster would LOVE it if we were not there.

Now, the last day might be kinda boring.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-27-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope all of the delegates, including his, are aware that THIS is how he will run the country; like the petty tyrant that he is.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

So they're just going to bar delegates that don't agree to forego their rights under a Robert's Rules controlled convention? This is getting downright absurd and I think Romney and the establishment know (or at least think) there's more Paul people in attendance than being disclosed. They're terrified and all of these rule changes, power grab attempts and silencing of delegates show it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Cheat to win, thats Romney's policy.

Hey, guys, he believes in contracts, rigtht? oh, one sided contracts....hmmm
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

It doesn't matter. Romney is going to lose.
    In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Why doesn't he just ask each delegate if they support Ron Paul and if they do, not permit them to enter the convention Romney nomination party.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I hope all of the delegates, including his, are aware that THIS is how he will run the country; like the petty tyrant that he is.
    Well, if the Left compains about anything he might accidentally do that offends them, he'll fold in a second. You have that as well.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by camp_steveo View Post
    It doesn't matter. Romney is going to lose.
    Ugh, I think Romney will win and many polls say so. Probably by 2-3 points is my guess because the country is really divided evenly. There is a huge anti-Obama mood out there in the country. The economic conditions are still very bad and aren't getting better by November. The undecideds will and always have gone against the incumbent during bad economic times. Plus the Democrats lost Weiner's seat in NY and Walker easily held on gives another indication of mood. The elites want Obama out too, hence Obama's lack of money. The only way I see Romney maybe not winning is if GJ becomes the viable third party candidate.

I'm not shocked Romney is doing any of this. If anyone truly understands how the system works, particularly how the two party criminal system works which is set up by design with purpose and on purpose, then you should not be surprised either.

I hope the delegates put up a fight to be heard.

REVOLT!
    Last edited by Liberty74; 08-27-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Just picture Romney as a snake eating its own tail. That's about as far as he will get with his hissing as he tries to poison America with the venom of tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Ben Swann to Confront Mitt Romney on Delegates During Reality Check Interview Tonight! http://www.dailypaul.com/251321/ben-...ring-interview via @dailypaul

"We aren’t even allowed to have our credentials for the next day — they're passing them out new every day. What does that mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    So they're just going to bar delegates that don't agree to forego their rights under a Robert's Rules controlled convention? This is getting downright absurd and I think Romney and the establishment know (or at least think) there's more Paul people in attendance than being disclosed. They're terrified and all of these rule changes, power grab attempts and silencing of delegates show it.

-t

I glad I'm not a delegate.

I'm kind of thinking it is a crime to coerce people into this kind of thing.

That said, and considering it a crime I might just sign it just to get them to leave me alone.

Having been coerced with the signing and invalid, I might just feel it my duty to vote how I felt would best represent the people that elected me.

Every role call. The first to the last.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Will Rogers
    US humorist & showman (1879 - 1935)

i like linda bean's true grit! i hope
    she d.c runs for the house of reps!

Trying to control everything and squashing every possible bit of opposition is cultish behavior. Learn about cults.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone should sign the papers "Under Duress" Not with their name or signature,, simply "Under Duress".

I hope delegates are talking to each other there,, I can't help but think that even non Ron Paul supporters have to see this $#@! stinks.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Romney is going to have to back off this one. His power grabs are alienating his own delegates now. He's pissed off the entire 300 strong Texas delegation with his other delegate power grab for 2016. A few more of these and he could be looking at open dissent on national TV and maybe just maybe a tiny .00001% chance of a black swan moment. Well we can hope anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    open dissent on national TV and maybe just maybe a tiny .00001% chance of a black swan moment.
    FYI, there's a White Swann (Ben Swann) moment with Romney on TV tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Everyone should sign the papers "Under Duress" Not with their name or signature,, simply "Under Duress".

I hope delegates are talking to each other there,, I can't help but think that even non Ron Paul supporters have to see this $#@! stinks.
    yep

shoot, I think even Romney supporters should see that this $#@! stinks also.

edit: oops, didn't see the "non"
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 08-27-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

It would be great if a couple of Romney states voted Santorum or something just to block his majority.
    "We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish Justice, ensure Domestic Tranquility, provide for the Common Defense, promote the General Welfare, and Secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Quote Originally Posted by wstrucke View Post
    It would be great if a couple of Romney states voted Santorum or something just to block his majority.
    My Prayer and hope is for a massive attack of conscience.

Wouldn't that blow the GOP's and the Media's minds.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My Prayer and hope is for a massive attack of conscience.

Wouldn't that blow the GOP's and the Media's minds.
    They would have to take Hanity to the hospital........................(not gonna grin, not gonna grin).

Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    FYI, there's a White Swann (Ben Swann) moment with Romney on TV tonight.
    I will believe that when I see it, sorry. I believe Romney's handlers are too smart to let him walk into that.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I will believe that when I see it, sorry. I believe Romney's handlers are too smart to let him walk into that.
    Particularly since people have been tweeting all day that Ben is going to 'confront' him, hardly the thing to do if you want to not disturb the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    They would have to take Hanity to the hospital........................(not gonna grin, not gonna grin).
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

The word!

I'm sort of picturing somewhere there is a delegate that is going to show up at the convention to represent the tally that Matt McDonald and the other caucus members turned in.

Then they will be coerced into signing some sort of oath of allegiance and be made to think they are obligated into voting a certain way.

I'm sort of picturing this person has put in a lot of time and their own money into carrying out this duty.

If I'm even half right, it still makes me sick.

Matt's at about 3:30

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast