Thread: Ron Paul Slams Influence of Neoconservatives Sticks to Foreign Policy Guns at Packed Rally

Ron Paul Slams Influence of Neoconservatives Sticks to Foreign Policy Guns at Packed Rally

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In his speech, Paul said a failure to take into account “blowback” from U.S. policies abroad had made Americans less secure, and said that if his views had prevailed, terrorists would not have attacked the united States on Sept. 11 2001.
    Cool, I was looking to see if they mention his 9/11 quote
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

What did they mean by "Jewish events throughout the convention have been unaffected"?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    What did they mean by "Jewish events throughout the convention have been unaffected"?
    They likely had some. Dunno.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Love that Ron implicitly argued that he wouldn't have taken out Bin Laden.

Balls of steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.). Paul’s son, who was also at the rally and who shares his foreign policy outlook, will address the convention on Wednesday.
    Yep, they are ready to go after Rand just like they went after Ron.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Paul has been a tough critic of Israel and opposes assistance to the country and foreign assistance in general.
    He has been a critic of Israel?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    They likely had some. Dunno.
    I would like a bit more info on that. It made me feel.......uneasy.

edit: I found this: http://www.ijn.com/ijn-news/national...he-jewish-vote
    now going to look around for the Irish & Japanese events...
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 08-26-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackPeterSchiff View Post
    He has been a critic of Israel?
    Yeah, he was pretty critical of Israel during the Gaza floatilla incident, and described the state of affairs of the Palestians as one of a concentration camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism