Thread: 2016: Obama's America - REVIEW

2016: Obama's America - REVIEW

I have watched this movie.

I am barely familiar with Dinesh D'souza; I know he's a Christian author and a graduate of Dartmouth who immigrated from India.

The movie begins with an examination of Barack Hussein Obama's origins - his father's move to Hawaii, marriage to Obama's mother, and Obama's birth WHILE having a Kenyan wife and Kenyan-born children. Later on, the movie examines the "founding fathers" of Obama's political thought - Ayers, Frank Marshall Davis (a card-carrying member of the Communist Party USA), Edward Said, including Reverent Wright, whose "God d..n America" became famous.

D'souza says Obama barely had a relationship with his father and that they mostly corresponded by mail, and that Obama idealized his dad. D'souza travels to Kenya and interviews elderly men (peers of the senior Obama) and one says that Obama sr. and Obama the president have the same ideas.

D'souza criticizes Obama for his anti-colonial stance, for his returning the bust of Winston Churchill to the UK, for Obama's support of Argentina vs. Great Britain re: the Falkland Islands, for denying/forbidding off-shore drilling in the US while using US taxpayer money to allow it in South America. He also criticizes Obama for doing nothing to stop Iran from acquiring nukes and for taking the Palestinians' side vs. Israel.

One of the better parts of the documentary involves D'souza interviewing David Walker, former comptroller general (who was also in the documentary "I.O.U.S.A.") who quickly tells viewers the history of how much debt was accumulated between George Washington to Bill Clinton, and then how much by George Bush 43 and then by Obama.

This was good, because it catches the attention of the viewers who otherwise might be unaware of how deeply indebted the federal government is. But it is unfortunate that the Federal Reserve is not mentioned at all.

As for the Middle East, D'Souza was too sensationalist for my taste. He has a graphic in which a thorn-like line appears covering the entire Middle East including Egypt and northern Africa and then that region is titled "The United States of Islam." This is deceptive because it makes Iran look imperialist and that Iran wants to take over the entire region - when in fact it is the US under Obama with NATO/UK support which has been involved in both the Libyan and Syrian civil wars, funding rebels and including support towards Al-Qaeda. D'Souza also fails to mention the 16 US intelligence agencies declaring both in 2007 and in 2011 that no known evidence points to an Iranian nuclear bomb. (I know this movie was finished before very recent news came out saying that Israel and the US are now openly speaking about attacking Iran, but it's not as if the average American would take note anyway.)

Overall, this movie was good in the sense that it gives insight on what Obama thinks, where his ideology and worldview come from and how they were shaped, and it reminds viewers that Obama's race was used by people who voted for him as a reason to choose him over John McCain - people projected their dreams and aspirations (the civil rights movement, Dr. Martin Luther King JR) on Obama, thinking that by virtue of being black, Obama would be a champion of social justice. How wrong they were - the movies shows RT footage of interviews with what appears to be a few people during the Occupy protests of last fall saying they were disappointed in Obama.

But unless you're a Ron Paul Forums regular who knows what's really going on in foreign policy and with the economy, you'll walk out of theater thinking Obama is singlehandedly responsible for the federal debt level's historic heights and for Iran beoming a nuclear power.

Verdict: don't watch it unless you know NOTHING about Obama's background - that's all that the movie helped me with.
    Ron Paul - America, you WILL regret not voting for him!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did they mention his SS# is a fraud?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Thanks for the review. This guy was on Schiff radio several days ago and that's how I heard about this movie. Sounds like I wouldn't be opposed to watching it but I don't have a compelling reason to watch it. If you're going to attack Obama, there are MUCH better angles to work from.

Quote Originally Posted by emazur View Post
    Thanks for the review. This guy was on Schiff radio several days ago and that's how I heard about this movie. Sounds like I wouldn't be opposed to watching it but I don't have a compelling reason to watch it. If you're going to attack Obama, there are MUCH better angles to work from.
    this. his biggest grievance seemed to be Obama made American appear weak...

i dont care for the government to establish my relationship with foreigners for me, id rather do it myself through mutual, voluntary trade...
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

This is deceptive because it makes Iran look imperialist and that Iran wants to take over the entire region
    Iran wants nuclear weapons for more leverage in the Middle East.

As for the movie, I haven't watched it, but it's just mostly conspiratorial blather.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/braziloil.asp

Dinesh made this claim at CPAC, so this calls into question his motive and other claims and assumptions. It appears to me that he just wants to score political points by stringing factoids together in order to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by emazur View Post
    Yeah, the review on Reason said it was an extremely well made film aimed at people who think the problem with Obama is that he hasn't started enough wars or meddled in the Middle East enough. In other words, straight neocon propaganda. I'm worried the effect this film could have on Romney. He's bad enough on foreign policy as it is. Last thing we need this film becoming popular and Romney going in to office thinking he needs to start WWIII in order to satisfy his base.

Quote Originally Posted by The Freethinker View Post
    As for the Middle East, D'Souza was too sensationalist for my taste. He has a graphic in which a thorn-like line appears covering the entire Middle East including Egypt and northern Africa and then that region is titled "The United States of Islam." This is deceptive because it makes Iran look imperialist and that Iran wants to take over the entire region - when in fact it is the US under Obama with NATO/UK support which has been involved in both the Libyan and Syrian civil wars, funding rebels and including support towards Al-Qaeda. D'Souza also fails to mention the 16 US intelligence agencies declaring both in 2007 and in 2011 that no known evidence points to an Iranian nuclear bomb. (I know this movie was finished before very recent news came out saying that Israel and the US are now openly speaking about attacking Iran, but it's not as if the average American would take note anyway.)
    This part stuck out to me the most. I just got dragged kicking and screaming to this movie. I refused to go until someone said they'd pay for my ticket. I had nothing else to do so I literally said "$#@! it, I'll go". The documentary itself is engaging to a degree. A touch overhyped, but the Hannity/Limbaugh listeners are stimulated and the filmmakers get their money. Everybody wins.

That graphic with the green, black, and red barbed wire creeping around all the Islamic nations with the caption "The United States of Islam" was really weird. They make it look like every Islamic nation is uniting as one when in reality it appears that the Sunnis are uniting against the Shias and vice versa to once and for all "wipe out the heretics".
    Last edited by COpatriot; 08-26-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why can't I find a god damn working torrent for this movie, don't ANY old people know how to download $#@! yet?!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

One other thing, is anyone else perplexed that the Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck/Levin types are so in love with a movie where D'Souza clearly embraces the notion of America as an empire instead of a Republic as was its original intent? Why are "conservatives" like D'Souza complaining that this Empire they love isn't rabidly militaristic to their liking?
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

I heard there was too much fanciful and unfounded psychological speculation about Barry. And too much made of his father's influence upon him given that he split and was essentially never around Barry.

Dinesh O'Souza is on Glenn Beck's show

His theory that Obama is an Anti-Colonialist is interesting and is a new way to understand Obama.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

I took my kids to see ParaNorman yesterday and seen the movie posters at the theater. I immediately thought it was a propaganda film directed at giving Obama 3+ terms like his hero Mr. Roosevelt. I did think it waas a bad choice of picture to use for the movie poster but I thought that was because they liked that snobby pose of our dear leader. It's sad that, these days, I automatically default to the worst opinion, right off the bat.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    His theory that Obama is an Anti-Colonialist is interesting and is a new way to understand Obama.
    It's also a 'new way' to understand Ron Paul. These people sicken me, they act like all we do is go around the world helping everybody, but in reality we're installing central banks and depleting their wealth and resources.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

finally the entire movie starting to show up on the boards for download

I havent watch it yet but I added it to my website since I found someone streaming it on a loop. not sure how long it will last. Here is the direct link: http://tv.inewstv.org/view/2016-obamas-america/ I also posted an article on this http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?390728-2016-Obama-s-America-(Watch-The-Documentary-Here...)
    Your source for documentaries that uncover lies, deception, and scandal @ http://Unite4PeaceOnEarth.info

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just saw this last night on Vudu ($3.99).. I really enjoyed the first hour when it was basically a biography of Obama - facts about where he grew up and who were influences in his life - that part was very interesting to me. But the last section of the movie, where it was all his opinion and speculation - I didn't care for that part very much. Overall I thought it was worth it for the first hour, I feel like I did get some insight and just who exactly is Barack Hussein Obama.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.