Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RNC passes rule giving itself power to change any rule without delegate vote

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Emmm, I think I may have an answer as to why they still have primaries. It's to get people to donate money to a candidate and then have that money spent for advertisements to feed those who own the Main Stream Media and I'm sure most here know who those people are.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr.3D again.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2 View Post
    Makes sense to me.
    Yeah, imagine how much money the MSM makes with all of those candidates spending money on ads. If there were no primaries, the MSM would be out millions of dollars.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, imagine how much money the MSM makes with all of those candidates spending money on ads. If there were no primaries, the MSM would be out millions of dollars.
    As they always say, follow the money.

So much for reforming the GOP.

Hey, Ron, you could still speak at PaulFest, ya' know.

Time to break clean from this incestuous, greedy, corrupt, vile, piss-poor excuse for a political party.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    As they always say, follow the money.
    follow those who create it. they are the infinite source of corruption.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Thank you McRomney, thank you establishment RNC. Here, have some more rope.

Put the word in the street children!

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    The first step towards tyranny. I'm sure by 2016, they'll just forgo the primary process and choose the nominee themselves. The GOP = tyrants
    They already do that now, the elections are complete and total shows. They decide the winner, we don't.

The party is only hurting itself, I don't know who they think they're fooling.

Anyway, this gives us more reason to reform the GOP. We've done a great job electing new National Committeemen (including a 21 year old!), we just need a lot more.

The article says the RNC can change rules with a 75% vote. So we just need 25% of the RNC posts to "filibuster." As soon as we elect 101 Committeemen, we can abolish this power grab rule.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Antimony View Post
    The party is only hurting itself, I don't know who they think they're fooling.

Anyway, this gives us more reason to reform the GOP. We've done a great job electing new National Committeemen (including a 21 year old!), we just need a lot more.

The article says the RNC can change rules with a 75% vote. So we just need 25% of the RNC posts to "filibuster." As soon as we elect 101 Committeemen, we can abolish this power grab rule.
    Agreed. We had tried so hard to work in the party. Many of us have made great in roads there.

But I will add--that rule change is SO dishonest.

In Tampa, I hope Paul supporters DO carry signs around letting people know what happened. It is nice to dream.

"Duly elected delegates unseated=Romney lost his easily won race"

"Unseat delegates from State GOPs, don't expect them to work hard for you in November"

"Unseat me=No Vote You"

"Delegates represent 1,000's of voters=Where is our republican system now?"

I could go on. I'm sure people have better rants.

I have more:

Paul is 20% of the GOP--Where will you be in Nov?

Paul = Goldwater 2012

Romney is continuing his Father's fight against Economic Conservatives.

Where will the Economic Conservatives be in Nov? Not with the Nat'l RNC.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Emmm, I think I may have an answer as to why they still have primaries. It's to get people to donate money to a candidate and then have that money spent for advertisements to feed those who own the Main Stream Media and I'm sure most here know who those people are.
    Well anyone who couldn't tell the Dem. nominee in 2008 was going to be Obama or possibly Clinton wasn't paying attention long enough. It was obvious in 2004, even before he won his Senate seat that MSM was pushing Obama. Anyone could have seen in 2008 that if McCain failed Romney was going to be the nominee. Even the polls way back in last year indicated that while a significant majority of people would not vote for Romney in the primary they felt he would be the nominee. You don't get to that point (i.e. 60% not voting for Romney, yet 70% feeling he will be the nominee) without pushing by the MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by gte811i View Post
    Well anyone who couldn't tell the Dem. nominee in 2008 was going to be Obama or possibly Clinton wasn't paying attention long enough. It was obvious in 2004, even before he won his Senate seat that MSM was pushing Obama. Anyone could have seen in 2008 that if McCain failed Romney was going to be the nominee. Even the polls way back in last year indicated that while a significant majority of people would not vote for Romney in the primary they felt he would be the nominee. You don't get to that point (i.e. 60% not voting for Romney, yet 70% feeling he will be the nominee) without pushing by the MSM.
    Goes even deeper than that. http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/behin...a-and-the-cfr/

LOL. So, I wonder if someone put up a poll how'd it look for RPF'ers votin' for Obama to kick the GOP in the nads. Haha. I'm tempted to do it just to spite 'em.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    LOL. So, I wonder if someone put up a poll how'd it look for RPF'ers votin' for Obama to kick the GOP in the nads. Haha. I'm tempted to do it just to spite 'em.
    Doubt it would bother them in the least to lose this election.

Y'all do realize that this isn't just directed at us. This strikes the real Tea Party dead in it's tracks too. This essentially kills a Herman Cain type candidacy as well.

I'm failing to grasp the logic of this. Alienate 20-25% of your party and just think they'll vote for you anyway because you aren't Democrats? And, if they vote Libertarian, there's not enough votes to elevate the Libertarian candidate, but enough to cause the Democrat to win every race. Makes NO sense whatsoever.
    "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness." -- Ronald Reagan, 1964

Doubt it would bother them in the least to lose this election.
    Right, but there's some comfort in making the GOP go in the trash bin of history. Make em' lose every election (except for the Paulian Reps). I'm 50/50 on this myself. Probably flip a coin.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by NCGOPer_for_Paul View Post
    Y'all do realize that this isn't just directed at us. This strikes the real Tea Party dead in it's tracks too. This essentially kills a Herman Cain type candidacy as well.

I'm failing to grasp the logic of this. Alienate 20-25% of your party and just think they'll vote for you anyway because you aren't Democrats? And, if they vote Libertarian, there's not enough votes to elevate the Libertarian candidate, but enough to cause the Democrat to win every race. Makes NO sense whatsoever.
    Sure it makes sense. Power corrupts, and absolute power absolutely corrupts.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by NCGOPer_for_Paul View Post

The idea is to give you no choice. No matter who you vote for, someone they approve of will win.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 08-24-2012 at 06:59 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So delegates are ceremonial now just like many traditional institutions of our destroyed republic.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stAmendguy View Post
    So delegates are ceremonial now just like many traditional institutions of our destroyed republic.
    Just like that paper in the frame that is being preserved. They take a vow to preserve and protect the Constitution of the United States, but in their minds, they are thinking about the paper in the frame as what needs to be preserved and protected, rather than the meaning of the words on that paper.

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime to go INDY.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12