Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tweeting the Maine delegate hearing today at 2:30

So, I was asked to take my tweets down in a call a min ago. Keep it under wraps if you know enough on how to see them regardless. Enjoy the irony of Jan Staples being the assistant conv sec. I'll vent later
    “We have it in our power to begin the world over again.” - Thomas Paine

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethek View Post
    @md_wallace
    ok I was watching your feed earlier. So honestly I missed the good stuff? Damn.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This Staples is also on the transition team: http://www.p2012.org/parties/committ...c011911pr.html
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by Ethek View Post
    So, I was asked to take my tweets down in a call a min ago. Keep it under wraps if you know enough on how to see them regardless. Enjoy the irony of Jan Staples being the assistant conv sec. I'll vent later
    tell me soon plz

I hope if they mess with Ron's delegates, he cuts a deal with the Libertarian party to run as Pres with GJ as VP, signs up for that $39million in matching funds under the idea that getting representation back in voting is key, and runs third party, and gets in the debates. If they can cheat that blatantly, there isn't much to look forward to inside the party imho, and of course those of ours who have positions can stay in them, in any event.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I hope if they mess with Ron's delegates, he cuts a deal with the Libertarian party to run as Pres with GJ as VP, signs up for that $39million in matching funds under the idea that getting representation back in voting is key, and runs third party, and gets in the debates. If they can cheat that blatantly, there isn't much to look forward to inside the party imho, and of course those of ours who have positions can stay in them, in any event.
    Is there no honor and integrity left at the top, is it all slag?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Is there no honor and integrity left at the top, is it all slag?
    We're finding that out now, aren't we? Aren't we AT the top?

We're finding that out now, aren't we? Aren't we AT the top?
    I guess we are, now we can see, but doesn't look pretty

I'd love for Ron to give us someone to vote for in the general election, rather than writing him in...

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I'd love for Ron to give us someone to vote for in the general election, rather than writing him in...
    I had always considered him staying with the R's a good move, since it allowed grassroots to get involved in a single effort. But now I'm tilting a bit (maybe it's the merlot, but I don't think so).

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had always considered him staying with the R's a good move, since it allowed grassroots to get involved in a single effort. But now I'm tilting a bit (maybe it's the merlot, but I don't think so).
    there is no reason those actually in positions of influence in the GOP couldn't stay there, to be there next cycle. And in 2 years we could pick that back up if we want. But Ron is an opportunity we will lose before too long. If the RNC cheats his delegates, what can they expect?

And don't knock the merlot.

If they play by their rules, that is one thing, but when they don't... Doesn't there need to be reason for them to learn breaking their rules isn't a good idea?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-20-2012 at 10:04 PM.

there is no reason those actually in positions of influence in the GOP couldn't stay there, to be there next cycle. And in 2 years we could pick that back up if we want. But Ron is an opportunity we will lose before too long. If the RNC cheats his delegates, what can they expect?

And don't knock the merlot.

If they play by their rules, that is one thing, but when they don't... Doesn't there need to be reason for them to learn breaking their rules isn't a good idea?
    Yes, there is a good reason. And they are making easier all the time to find enegry to look for a solution. But, I also don't want to "cut off my nose to spite my face"

edit: And I never knock merlot, it's better sipped
    edit: I tried some cabernet-merlot a few weeks ago, not bad, not bad at all (merlot mellows the cabernet a bit).
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 08-20-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Yes, there is a good reason. And they are making easier all the time to find enegry to look for a solution. But, I also don't want to "cut off my nose to spite my face"

edit: And I never knock merlot, it's better sipped
    edit: I tried some cabernet-merlot a few weeks ago, not bad, not bad at all (merlot mellows the cabernet a bit).
    huh. (about cabernet-merlot)

I agree about cutting off noses. And if they seat his delegates, that's about where I draw the line. He's already been cheated of so many before even getting to this stage.

huh. (about cabernet-merlot)

I agree about cutting off noses. And if they seat his delegates, that's about where I draw the line. He's already been cheated of so many before even getting to this stage.
    Let's talk about it more after Tampa. I'm not going to let anger make my decisions, but I might have to give myself a real good talking to to straighten myself out if things keep going the way they seem to be right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12