Thread: "Libertarian Party Eyes Spoiler Role in 2012 Race"

"Libertarian Party Eyes Spoiler Role in 2012 Race"

Again, we are just the annoying little cousins on the side of the room. Anyway, it's on the front page of Fox News and deserves some views to show them our numbers and to give Gary Johnson some exposure.

h t tp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/18/libertarian-eyes-spoiler-role/
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, whoops.... The many Republicans who ostracized Ron Paul should've thought about the consequences to their actions.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

And more to the point, if the LP and GJ are blamed for a Romney loss, then we'll likely have a much more libertarian GOP nominee in 2012 because the GOP will realize they can't win without the limited-government/liberty wing of the party. It happened to the Dems in 2000 - Nader cost Gore the election in Florida, and in 2004 they put up someone who was more like Nader and less like Gore.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Here is an article with many hateful comments towards libertarians and Gary Johnson. I don't know enough about him to take strong stances, but, those who are aware of his record in NM need to hit the comment boards:

h t tp://nation.foxnews.com/gary-johnson/2012/08/18/could-libertarian-candidate-johnson-determine-who-wins-2012
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

this election could be tight, it might break into an electoral college tie...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yeah, whoops.... The many Republicans who ostracized Ron Paul should've thought about the consequences to their actions.
    We all know the neocons have never heard of the term "blowback." If the neocons have, they don't know what it means.

I have said before and will say it again that Johnson could end up pulling a Nadar in the 2012 elections. There are several states like CO, NM, AZ, NV, etc. where Johnson could draw 5-10% of the vote in those toss up states as of today. If Johnson gets any traction nationwide, Romney is through. Johnson will pull voters from both side yet I am willing to bet more so against Romney than Obama - 70/30 or 60/40.
    Last edited by Liberty74; 08-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    There are several states like CO, NM, AZ, NV, etc. where Johnson could draw 5-10% of the vote in those toss up states as of today. If Johnson gets any traction nationwide, Romney is through. Johnson will pull voters from both side yet I am willing to bet more so against Romney than Obama - 70/30 or 60/40.
    This is why Obama isn't taking military action in Syria yet. He's going to say "We got OBL, we're pulling out of Iraq, we have a schedule to pull out of Afghanistan, look at my Nobel Prize" and try to keep Johnson from stealing any anti-war votes.

wtf is that writer smoking? The GOP and the Dems are the spoilers, dividing America and ruining the breezy election of Gary Johnson.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free." -Göthe
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure." - Robert LeFevre

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And more to the point, if the LP and GJ are blamed for a Romney loss, then we'll likely have a much more libertarian GOP nominee in 2012 because the GOP will realize they can't win without the limited-government/liberty wing of the party. It happened to the Dems in 2000 - Nader cost Gore the election in Florida, and in 2004 they put up someone who was more like Nader and less like Gore.
    More likely, they will put up someone that the corporate media claims is "much more libertarian", but in reality isn't at all.

Eh...I don't know. Gary doesn't inspire confidence in me like some other past libertarian candidates did. Harry Browne, now there was a guy I could get excited about supporting. Gary...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Eh...I don't know. Gary doesn't inspire confidence in me like some other past libertarian candidates did. Harry Browne, now there was a guy I could get excited about supporting. Gary...not so much.
    Gary is a good guy, but does seem like a lightweight intellectually.

They ostracized Johnson a helluva lot more than Paul this year. Gary got the Ron Paul 2008 treatment and then some.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    As I traversed the country this past year for Ron, I met 3 millionaires who specifically told me that Harry Browne's investment strategies helped lead them to wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    More likely, they will put up someone that the corporate media claims is "much more libertarian", but in reality isn't at all.
    And that is our job to ensure that the facts get passed around to cut through the spin. Thankfully we have the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    I have said before and will say it again that Johnson could end up pulling a Nadar in the 2012 elections.