Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine Corp veteran Brandon Raub arrested last night

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Well, if he plays his cards right with the FEDS, he could use this time as a teachable moment for those interrogating him.
    I actually thought the same thing, if I could keep my wits enough to explain why and how everything they were doing was in direct offense to the oaths they swear.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    I actually thought the same thing, if I could keep my wits enough to explain why and how everything they were doing was in direct offense to the oaths they swear.
    Yeah, and now i'm wondering if what he put on facebook was a deliberate action to rattle cages and make a serious point, but if he folds under the waterboarding then it would have been for naught. Here's hoping our brave warrior comes out of this ok.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Removed Previous post for privacy reasons.
    Last edited by anonymous billionaire; 08-17-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    From what I have been able to find out it appears that his major crime was posting info about 9/11 truth.
    All the more reason to post it then. They wouldn't have kidnapped him if they thought his posts would be seen as some conspiracy nut, they knew people would be influenced by what he posted and start to find out the truth about 9/11. If you want freedom, the truth about 9/11 must be spread far and wide. Once enough people know their own government lied to them and had a hand in 9/11 and that no Muslims were even involved in 9/11, they will be ready to revolt.

So far it seems as though he was committed by the feds for psychiatric evaluation only. Localities and states do have procedures to have folks forcefully (I don't know if that's an apt word to use, maybe in this case.) commit people who are deemed to be a danger to themselves or others for a small period, usually a week or two, so they can undergo a psychiatric evaluation and in most cases, get the help they need. Sometimes that power is abused by people in power, but its a rare occurrence. The question is who had him committed, why and did they get a warrant. Three very important things.

This is a very scary precedent if the Government is deciding it can have folks committed for no other reason than because they don't get warm and fuzzy feeling from their facebook posts. This is something that needs to be followed closely as details come out.
    Last edited by Rebelrouser; 08-17-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous billionaire View Post
    Here's what I would imagine these are the troubling posts:

[deleted to conform to self edit above]

Now, I'm curious to what actually un-folded when they showed up at his house.
    I believe he was taken, not just 'visited'. And I'm troubled that venting on the internet would be seen as sufficient justification, I would sure hope they had a lot more than that to go on.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-17-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

It is troubling and scary, which is why I'm going to remove my previous post. Very sorry for the inconvience to anyone, but you can look up his post on his
    FB.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous billionaire View Post
    It is troubling and scary, which is why I'm going to remove my previous post. Very sorry for the inconvience to anyone, but you can look up his post on his
    FB.
    I understand. you don't want to get a knock on the door, but people need to know the truth or there will no stopping them.

This should be another indicator to current service men and women. Not only are you expendable, but should you live to be discharged, you will be treated as a potential threat by "them".

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I believe he was taken, not just 'visited'. And I'm troubled that venting on the internet would be seen as sufficient justification, I would sure hope they had a lot more than that to go on.
    Thanks for removing the quote, but it appears he has two FB profiles:

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.raub?sk=wall ( this is the one with the most remarks that could be deemed as troubling.)

Here's the other: https://www.facebook.com/raub.brandon

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you look at his facebook page, he made some threats there. I would imagine that is why he was picked up.

http://www.facebook.com/brandon.raub?sk=wall

Once you read a few pages on his Facebook, I'm wondering what took them so long to visit him. A person who would put those kind of threats out in the public domain is either ignorant, mentally ill, or a government employee.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-17-2012 at 05:25 PM.

He wrote:

There are three keys to rediscovering liberty in this country: Understanding liberty (sound money, personal freedoms, and property rights), understanding and the destroying the federal reserve, and rediscovering the free market through Austrian Economics.
    as a caption to this pic:

In looking over his wall, it looks like it could be any one of us, with a few vague statements like:

The Revolution is here. And I will lead it.
    The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it.
    Sharpen up my axe; I'm here to sever heads.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    If you look at his facebook page, he made some threats there. I would imagine that is why he was picked up.

Once you read a few pages on his Facebook, I'm wondering what took them so long to visit him. A person who would put those kind of threats out in the public domain is either ignorant, mentally ill, or a government employee.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    How many pages of his Facebook have you read? I suggest you do that and shove your .

Once you read a few pages on his Facebook, I'm wondering what took them so long to visit him.
    What threats?

Like this?:
    Raub BrandonOath Keepers
    ‎"Be without Fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth. Always. Even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

How many pages of his Facebook have you read? I suggest you do that and shove your .

I read back to last November. I don't see any specific threats other than staring a revolution (which has been our "slogan" for the last 5 years), giving a **** you to the NWO, and a bunch of post on 9/11. Sorry, I don't see anything more threatening than what's said here on a daily basis.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    What threats?

Like this?:
    Raub BrandonOath Keepers
    ‎"Be without Fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth. Always. Even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."
    Nope. And I'm not copying and pasting it, here. He made it clear that he was ready to start the revolution, something about severing heads and that he is coming for them. While holding a rifle in his avatar.

That may sound cool to a couple of you, but maybe now you see why such posts are not allowed on this forum. Posting things like that don't do anything but earn you a visit from Homeland Security and neutralize anything good that you might have done.

It was stupid of him.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-17-2012 at 06:01 PM.

The guy sounded insane. If he had shot up some federal building tomorrow, everyone would be wondering "jeez, they knew this guy was crazy and didn't do anything about it?"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this guy was not well, was not of sound mind. anyone who thinks this guy had a firm grip on his mental faculties is outta their mind. its no surprise they had him mentally evaluated - though i hope he isnt forced to be drugged up. Just as you cant shout fire in a crowded theater you simply cant be dumb enough to make threats. at the same time he needs help to heal from what i think is probably PTSD, not locked up in a cell
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zachrbroussard View Post
    The guy sounded insane. If he had shot up some federal building tomorrow, everyone would be wondering "jeez, they knew this guy was crazy and didn't do anything about it?"
    Yeah, all the same I wonder how many 12 year olds don't self importantly post stuff at least as bad. I sure hope they had more to go on than stuff he put on a facebook page.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Who was he making threats to? They seemed provocative but mostly generalizations. I probably wouldn't say things like that on FB and he did seem intent on getting someone's attention but ultimately he was a citizen exercising free speech....oh wait...we don't have that anymore thanks to NDAA.

Nope. And I'm not copying and pasting it, here. He made it clear that he was ready to start the revolution, something about severing heads and that he is coming for them. While holding a rifle in his avatar.

That may sound cool to a couple of you, but maybe now you see why such posts are not allowed on this forum. Posting things like that don't do anything but earn you a visit from Homeland Security and neutralize anything good that you might have done.

It was stupid of him.
    The metric used to be making a specific and act-able threat against a specifically named public "official".

Then it progressed to making generalized threats.

Now, it seems, that making vague, generalized and non threatening "threats" is enough to get you locked up.

In a few years, we'll be getting hauled off for muttering under our breath in our own home.

Yay, Amerika.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Yeah, all the same I wonder how many 12 year olds don't self importantly post stuff at least as bad. I sure hope they had more to go on than stuff he put on a facebook page.
    I can agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by zachrbroussard View Post
    So "sounding insane" is now the metric we allow government to use, in order to throw people into the rape cage?

If that's the case, I'll be looking foward to meeting well over half of you folks at Camp Fed.

//

I agree that his comments, at least the ones I saw, as crazy as they sound, are not grounds for being arrested.
    Last edited by zachrbroussard; 08-17-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Who was he making threats to? They seemed provocative but mostly generalizations. I probably wouldn't say things like that on FB and he did seem intent on getting someone's attention but ultimately he was a citizen exercising free speech....oh wait...we don't have that anymore thanks to NDAA.
    ^this. +rep.
    Last edited by Tod; 08-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nope. And I'm not copying and pasting it, here.
    Can someone post the date/time of this post so I can find it? As well as which profile it came from?
    Opposition Candidate Research Threads for 2016: Donald Trump | Rick Santorum | Jeb Bush | Rick Perry | Marco Rubio | Ben Carson | Chris Christie | Scott Walker | Mike Huckabee | Paul Ryan | Ted Cruz | Bobby Jindal | Carly Fiorina | Hillary Clinton | Bernie Sanders | Elizabeth Warren | Jim Webb | Gary Johnson

{ Visit PoliceStateUSA.com }

Another liberty-rubber meets the road-moment.

Assuming government protects anything when it has already bailed on it's primary purpose... yeah, THAT'S rich.

Last edited by bunklocoempire; 08-17-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Reminds me of suspected terrorist, Joe Lipari

http://www.joelipari.com/?p=1607

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lipari

Terrorism

After being frustrated with bad customer service at The Apple Store, in September 2009, Joe jokingly paraphrased a quote from the book/movie Fight Club, which referred to use of firearms, on his Facebook page. In under 2 hours, NYPD SWAT arrived at his door and, after searching his apartment, they brought Joe to the station to be questioned by Homeland Security.[14]
    Joe spent a year in court clearing his name of all charges, even turning down multiple plea bargains. Eventually The City of New York dropped all charges including making Terrorist Threats and Disorderly Conduct. Since then Joe has received offers from lawyers pushing him to sue New York City for Wrongful Imprisonment, but he has no plans to sue. When Emily Epstein from Metro New York pressed him as to why: he replied "I'd rather be rich on my own accord, not by suing the people who are just trying to keep us safe"[15]
    His story was first covered by This American Life [14] in September 2010. It was also a cover story for Metro New York[15] and featured in Britain's daily newspaper The Guardian.[1]

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

There are 10,000+ posts a day equivalent to his post --- Obviously THEY ARE USING HIM AS AN EXAMPLE to instill FEAR in the population. And its working.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast