Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Marine Corp veteran Brandon Raub arrested last night

Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    Well, I guess this guy is really into crackpot conspiracy theories (in addition to more mainstream truther/chemtrail stuff), but that isn't a crime...

Unfortunately he will be used to paint the liberty movement in a bad light.

why would we let people do that? Find me the threads here about world leaders sacrificing children in robes......

now, praying to an Owl, that's different....

but no, I don't think this is a funny situation. Thanks for bumping the thread.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-22-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    He is in the system now. And it has been become clear that no one is willing to take the responsibility for saying that he is ok for release. He is in the hands of a bunch of CYA obsessed bureaucrats. They have no justification for holding him at this point.
    This results in an interesting confluence of events. CYA obsessed bureaucrats effectively hold political prisoners, thus doing something they probably don't intend (which others do, and have been working towards), and at the same time, they set the precedent for those who do want to imprison people on a political basis. The road to hell...paved with good intentions, and those who manipulate people with good intentions.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yes. Well. Let's not promote the idea of having copywrite infringement added to his list of no no's.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    why would we let people do that? Find me the threads here about world leaders sacrificing children in robes......
    No, but one may very well at times find a link to various and legitimate discussion relevant to some of the things that are being thrown out there wrecklessly and serving only to place them into relevance with this veteran's mindset. Did you see what just happened? If I were to have posted this discussion from last night would it not have been at risk for being accepted as "...really into crackpot conspiracy theories (in addition to more mainstream truther/chemtrail stuff)..."?

Could be said.

I've purposefully not read any of this veteran's postings. I've only read what I've read here. Was actually waiting to hear what kind of language we'd get from main stream. From what I've read, the veteran has issues upstairs that he carried over to the general public. People actually follow these folks' mindset. They do. That cannot be argued. So he is where he is.

I've purposefully not read any of this veteran's postings.
    Perhaps you ought to. And listen to the man speak as well. (there is audio, Phone call on video)

Aside from not buying the Bull$#@! story about 9/11 there is nothing crazy in his writing.

http://freebrandonraub.com/
    Last edited by pcosmar; 08-22-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Come and get me, motherfuckers.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://freebrandonraub.com/?cat=4
    RUTHERFORD INSTITUTE FILES NOTICE OF APPEAL CHALLENGING ARREST & DETENTION OF MARINE IN PSYCH WARD FOR POSTING POLITICAL VIEWS, SONG LYRICS TO FACEBOOK

Brandon Raub Hearing on 23 August 2012

There is a hearing tomorrow (23 August 2012) at the Hopewell Circuit Court in Va. The hearing is at 11:30am. We are asking people to come out and show support. We suggest getting there around 10/10:30am.

The Address:
    100 East Broadway
    Hopewell, Va 23860

For those who live in Virginia, here are the contact details for your elected officials:

VA 04 – Randy Forbes (R)
    202/225-6365 fax: 202/226-1170

—–

VA Senator Mark R. Warner (D)
    202/224-2023 fax: 202/224-6079

Staff Contact – Beatriz Ibarra
    Email: senator@warner.senate.gov

——

VA Senator James Webb (D)
    202/224-4024 fax: 202/224-6363

Email: http://webb.senate.gov/contact
    Staff Contact – Adam Schiff
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

No, but one may very well at times find a link to various and legitimate discussion relevant to some of the things that are being thrown out there wrecklessly and serving only to place them into relevance with this veteran's mindset. Did you see what just happened? If I were to have posted this discussion from last night would it not have been at risk for being accepted as "...really into crackpot conspiracy theories (in addition to more mainstream truther/chemtrail stuff)..."?

Could be said.

I've purposefully not read any of this veteran's postings. I've only read what I've read here. Was actually waiting to hear what kind of language we'd get from main stream. From what I've read, the veteran has issues upstairs that he carried over to the general public. People actually follow these folks' mindset. They do. That cannot be argued. So he is where he is.
    Well, here is what was on FOX news.

Hit piece [obviously]
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Hit piece [obviously]
    Yeah, that former prosecutor is an idiot... but that was what we expected to see on the MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yeah, that former prosecutor is an idiot... but that was what we expected to see on the MSM.
    Especially on Faux,, though any of them really..
    I read his stuff,, it was not anti-government.. It was pro Constitution,,

And that quote from a song (that he posted a video of) is being twisted all out of shape.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Especially on Faux,, though any of them really..
    I read his stuff,, it was not anti-government.. It was pro Constitution,,

And that quote from a song (that he posted a video of) is being twisted all out of shape.
    I know that, you know that, but the viewers of that channel will mostly gobble it up as if it was all true.

Apperantly the 2nd video on the opening post has been challenged by a person called Jake Patterson.

This is a quote from a youtube channel that I read

Could you please take this video down. As much as it is appreciated you getting the word out, the orginal video is monetized and copy-written so that the funds go to Brandon's legal fees. I am fighting with youtube right now, because someone name Jake Patterson claimed the video was his, which I already proved was false, just waiting on their reply.

IamKristenMeghan 2 hours ago

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    Well, I guess this guy is really into crackpot conspiracy theories (in addition to more mainstream truther/chemtrail stuff), but that isn't a crime...

Unfortunately he will be used to paint the liberty movement in a bad light.
    Not to feed more into conspiracy theories, but do a search on Skull and Bones, Bush, and Jerry Sandusky. There is some pretty interesting stuff out there.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. Just wow. The prosecutor says that unless someone can "guarantee" to him that a person is not going to do violence, they did the right thing in locking him up. Prove a negative, eh? Let's try this: Unless someone can give us an absolute guarantee that the prosecutor in that interview is not going to rape and murder a girl in the future, he must be locked up. It's the prudent thing to do. We can not take a chance. Sure, he didn't post anything about it on Facebook, but he's clever! Of course he won't post about it. You can see it in his eyes, and that's proof enough.

And when will these idiot reporters figure out that the "ax" quote is from a song!

I had previously left my take on the discussion as it were left with this particular clip. I assume it was deleted. Which leaves me with no motivation to discuss it any further here.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It was stupid of him.
    what you mockingly call "a moment of internet bravado" and a stupid action already has as a consequence the airing of this great alert from Ben Swann about how we are losing our liberties.

this was aired on Fox in Ohio. this alone shows that the "stupid" action of this guy you mock has done more for liberty than you have done in your lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Come and get me, motherfuckers.
    I see your HL Mencken and raise you a T.Jefferson...

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    Question: If every time we try and instill fear in the government (via the first amendment) we are thrown in the looney bin, how else are we to instill fear in them?

Answer: refer to Mencken quote.
    Last edited by TruckinMike; 08-23-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Re-posted from another thread,,for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Psikhushka
    Had to Google that (damn my curiosity)

Psikhushka (Russian: психушка) is a Russian colloquialism for psychiatric hospital. It has been occasionally used in English since the Soviet dissident movement and diaspora community the West used the term. In the Soviet Union, psychiatric hospitals were often used by the authorities as prisons in order to isolate political prisoners from the rest of society, discredit their ideas, and break them physically and mentally; as such they were considered a form of torture.[2] The official explanation was that "no sane person would declaim against Soviet government and communism".
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Now he's forgotten about?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Now he's forgotten about?
    No,, he isn't. Nor are the other 20 in his state alone.
    Nor are the several other POWs around the country.

Their family and friends know,, others know.. And support for the resistance grows with each and every one.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Just now watched the interview..... ...our gov is out of contol
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The judge that authorized the commitment and the material used to support that via "informants" all deserve to become famous.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112