Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RPFs mascot (a modest proposal)

Lightbulb RPFs mascot (a modest proposal)

Mascots and logos are important in advertising to the unwashed masses. I propose RPF's mascot be a flying shark:

Get one here: http://www.amazon.com/YF003811-Flyin...rc+shark+blimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We already have The Collins.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    We already have The Collins.
    I find teh Collinz too embarrassing to be an RPF mascot.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-13-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: poor word choice
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-16-2016 at 10:27 PM.

we have a logo

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

It needs laser beams
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    we have a logo

Too complicated for branding purposes. The text is especially problematic. Text logos need to be very simple to be effective. (think "IBM" or "AT&T") There are very few exceptions to this. Logos are used on a lot of mediums-from newspapers to billboards to webbernet ads, so they need to be very "versatile".

ETA: that's not a mascot, so it's rather off-topic-as is my ramble about it
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-13-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Toady
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Toady
    Meh. Toady isn't to my taste. But it's not a bad option to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Mascots and logos are important in advertising to the unwashed masses. I propose RPF's mascot be a flying shark:

Get one here: http://www.amazon.com/YF003811-Flyin...rc+shark+blimp
    Those things are awesome. Gave one of my grandsons one for Christmas, then chased the cat around with it.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Those things are awesome. Gave one of my grandsons one for Christmas, then chased the cat around with it.

without following the link one might think you gave your grandson a killer shark for christmas

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    without following the link one might think you gave your grandson a killer shark for christmas
    collectivist. what is "killer" about it? the OP called it "flying shark", what, you just gotta assume all sharks are killers? do you have any proof that said shark ever killed anything or ever violated the NAP? I think not. you disgust me.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    collectivist. what is "killer" about it? the OP called it "flying shark", what, you just gotta assume all sharks are killers? do you have any proof that said shark ever killed anything or ever violated the NAP? I think not. you disgust me.
    That is why, you sir, have full rep. I expect this level of quality in every post, Specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It needs laser beams
    This is in really bad taste, but whatever. Your wish...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rp-enfugo.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	1534

Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post

LOL!! Josh and Bryan should use that as the official logo on Halloween or something.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Toady
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!11!! FLYING SHARK!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!11!! FLYING SHARK!!
    Fine. Let's compromise.

Toady Sharks!!!

Lol this gets my vote.
    I am the spoon.

Setting brushfires...literally!

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Setting brushfires...literally!
    win.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

uhhh.....err... I meant the shark should have laser beams
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Bunchies.
    Bunchies is perma-banned.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Lol this gets my vote.
    Logos aren't mascots.

Les bump

What about a flying shark blimp that says, "Who is Ron Paul?"
    Last edited by Travlyr; 08-14-2012 at 01:26 PM.

I imagine since the phrase setting brush fires is associated with spreading the message of liberty, then Liberty Forest would perpetually be experiencing wildfires, lol.

Bunchies is perma-banned.
    We can put mustaches on them. Nobody will know.

if there ever was a time to ban someone for starting low-value thread, this is it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast