Thread: NEW Pulse Opinion National Presidential Poll- Statistical Tie: Ron Paul 45% Obama 47%

NEW Pulse Opinion National Presidential Poll- Statistical Tie: Ron Paul 45% Obama 47%

In a new poll conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, matching up presidential candidates Barack Obama and Ron Paul, 45% of one thousand likely voters across America said they would vote Ron Paul for President.

58% of those surveyed have a favorable view of Ron Paul, while just 36% have an unfavorable view. Compare this to Mitt Romney (50% favorable, 45% unfavorable) and Barack Obama (51% favorable, 48% unfavorable). Ron Paul is viewed in a favorable light by significantly more people than Obama or Romney.

The “likely voters” were asked the following question: “Suppose in this year’s Presidential Election you had a choice between Republican Ron Paul and Democrat Barack Obama. If the election were held today would you vote for Republican Ron Paul or Democrat Barack Obama?” The results are: 45% Ron Paul and 47% Barack Obama. (+/-3%)

“The national telephone survey of 1000 likely voters was conducted by Pulse Opinion Research on August 5, 2012. Pulse Opinion Research, LLC is an independent public opinion research firm using automated polling methodology and procedures licensed from Rasmussen Reports, LLC.
    it is plus or minus 3%

So Romney is ahead of Obama and Ron is just behind, but they are all within the statistical margin of error of each other.
    http://libertycrier.com/politics/4859/
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-13-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yup.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

hmmm , v interesting
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

I much rather see how Ron Paul destroys Obama in swing states.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I much rather see how Ron Paul destroys Obama in swing states.
    As opposed to Romney. Me too, but this is the poll we have.

If it was not for the corrupt GOP leadership, the banksters and their mouthpiece the "mainstream media," Dr. Paul would be on his way to being POTUS. He would absolutely demolish the false left right paradigm on the national stage, but instead we are stuck with Obamney. For me, it is still NOBP.

To be fair, it has Obama beating Paul by 2% and Romney beating Obama by 2%. Doesn't help our cause, but it does show that it would be tight.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BucksforPaul View Post
    If it was not for the corrupt GOP leadership, the banksters and their mouthpiece the "mainstream media," Dr. Paul would be on his way to being POTUS. He would absolutely demolish the false left right paradigm on the national stage, but instead we are stuck with Obamney. For me, it is still NOBP.
    Even with the MSM doing what they do, I'd love Paul's chances against Obama.
    I am the spoon.

The link to the original does not seem to work, and I cannot find it on the site. Any ideas? I'd like to see the original poll data, rather than just a write up.

I was at an annual campout all weekend. I wore my Paul swag every day. I had at least 20 people tell me that they would vote for Ron if he is on the ballot in November. I didn't get into the "why didn't you come out for the primary speech," just listened. One neocon (with whom I have had many such conversations) asked me if I was going to waste my vote again this year. I said yes. He said it will be my fault Obama wins again. I told him that four more years of $#@!ty policy is better than 8 and he looked like his head was going to explode.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    I told him that four more years of $#@!ty policy is better than 8 and he looked like his head was going to explode.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    To be fair, it has Obama beating Paul by 2% and Romney beating Obama by 2%. Doesn't help our cause, but it does show that it would be tight.
    Only when you round it in two separate calculations. They are all within the statistical margin of error of eachother.

Huh, it went away. I think this was the poll commissioned by grass roots or RevPac or someone, using Fox News's pollster -- maybe the time wasn't right to release it... but no one has said anything about it being on the front page, and I think they would have pm'd me if there was an issue.

--

edit, I just went to dp and they have it up too, so it isn't secret. They are just publishing the write up at DP. They need to post the original link, and I will suggest that.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-13-2012 at 10:21 AM.

I immediately question the legitimacy of a poll suggesting Romney has any lead over Obama - even within a statistical margin of error.

That is just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by StilesBC View Post
    I immediately question the legitimacy of a poll suggesting Romney has any lead over Obama - even within a statistical margin of error.

That is just not going to happen.
    These are the pollsters Fox News uses, which is why they were chosen. They use Rasmussen's methods. It was paid for as a demonstration to RNC and GOP delegates that Ron's support has not gone down (it is consistent with polls taken throughout the primary, although sometimes Ron won and sometimes Ron won by more than Obama). Basically these three were usually all within the moe, Romney/Obama and Paul/Obama
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-13-2012 at 10:42 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.