Thread: U.K. May Soon Vote to Leave the European Union (EU) Despite Massive Pressure

U.K. May Soon Vote to Leave the European Union (EU) Despite Massive Pressure

Analysts say the day may soon come when citizens in the United Kingdom will vote to leave the European Union.

U.K. May Soon Vote to Leave the European Union (EU) Despite Massive Pressure

Alex Newman | The New American
    12 August 2012

As the European Union continues to assume ever greater powers over the once-sovereign nations of the region, voters in the United Kingdom have been fed up for a while. In fact, if they were allowed to vote in a referendum, polls consistently show the U.K. would overwhelmingly opt to ditch the EU once and for all. And analysts, as well as activists on both sides of the issue, believe the day may soon come where British resistance to the emerging super-state finally prevails.

Full Story:
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-...ssive-pressure

Related articles:

Europe Must Further Centralize Fiscal Power, Claims Fed Boss Bernanke

EU Creates "Dictatorship" Under Guise of Financial Stability

The Collectivized Train Wreck in Europe

Lisbon Treaty Builds EU Super-state

UK Leader in European Parliament Says EU on the Verge of Cataclysm

EU Threatens Tiny Switzerland Over Low Taxes
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I doubt that they would leave the European Union. They are already outside the Euro (a decision which is looking pretty good about now) but still have very strong economic and political ties with the rest of Europe.

Most people in the UK who support the EU believe in maintaining peace on the continent. So that is one reason for remaining, but economics is another, about fifty percent of the trade is done with the EU bloc.

Not until the people in those countries say we don't want this union will obivously disappear. I hope the Icelandic republic doesn't join. The EU's interest in them, is? I believe the volcano, and the Arctic resources, even if they prove to difficult to extract, which appears to be the problem. Essentially selfish interests of the Union. The Union's sphere of influence would be made bigger by them being in the EU space.

Some Icelanders want to join others have mixed views on whether they're fishing quota is slammed by the EU, but then again over fishing could deplete the stock. If I remember plenty of fish caught was thrown back into the sea because of...I don't remember the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I doubt that they would leave the European Union. They are already outside the Euro (a decision which is looking pretty good about now) but still have very strong economic and political ties with the rest of Europe.
    The European Union is a bogus jurisdictional overlay on the real people of the geographic locations of the countries of Europe. It can vanish in an instant and Europe still remains.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    The European Union is a bogus jurisdictional overlay on the real people of the geographic locations of the countries of Europe. It can vanish in an instant and Europe still remains.

Rev9
    The problem is although I hate the EU when it dissolves the wars will start again.The only thing that stops European countries today to put protectionists taxes on imports is the EU.

If the EU dissolves the laws would pass and as every other time in history when peaceful trade is stopped wars will start to conquer markets.This is the only reason why there is still people who support the EU.

This times in history are sad times for the people of Europe.The people are weak,everyone thinks someone owes him something and most importantly the nations are seen as weak by the world .And the truth is they are.
    Last edited by Demigod; 08-13-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    The problem is although I hate the EU when it dissolves the wars will start again.
    Dear Demigod,

But that would save the global economy.

Hugs,
    Paul Krugman