Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Paul should pick his VP now

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    ARe you talking about in a third party run? Because the discussion in the other thread it was about who might win over some of the existing delegates at RNC and Johnson wouldn't help.
    3rd party run, 4th party run, write in run, whatever. The two of them need to sit down and figure out who is going to be getting the attention the next 8 weeks. They will bring much more attention to the message together than their sum separately. They'll appear on the media's radar. That's all this is about anymore (maybe all it ever was), publicity and spreading the ideas.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluge View Post
    What's the point of Ron picking a VP?
    argh., the problem is this whole discussion started in a different thread but the op wanted to give fresh eyes a look at his idea. I'll merge. The idea floated, which is not 'likely' but is interesting to discuss, is whether with a stated VP in advance Ron might draw more delegate votes at RNC enough to drive Romney below the magic number etc. People were just throwing out names they thought might fit the bill and discussing why, it was speculation for the fun of it.

I'm going to merge them.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    3rd party run, 4th party run, write in run, whatever. The two of them need to sit down and figure out who is going to be getting the attention the next 8 weeks. They will bring much more attention to the message together than their sum separately. They'll appear on the media's radar. That's all this is about anymore (maybe all it ever was), publicity and spreading the ideas.
    I don't put Johnson and Ron in the same box, clearly some do, but I never have seen it. And I don't think Johnson and Ron coordinate, personally, but I have no idea what is going to happen after Tampa. I doubt it will be in conjunction with Johnson, though, personally, but I could be wrong.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

maybe walter williams wants to do a "bucket list" with Dr. Paul... it would be funny due to his status as Limbaugh guest hosting...
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

Not going to happen. Ron has been saying again and again that he wants to "influence the GOP platform." To do that he needs to play nice. There will be NO bold moves such as this that will rock the establishment boat.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluge View Post
    What's the point of Ron picking a VP?
    hey, don't let rationality spoil the fun.

first you have to get the nomination, and then the vp is picked. The likelihood of Romney winning is great. However, after that, the VP is picked. There are no bound delegates in that situation. Delegates can vote for whoever they want for VP. That's where RON PAUL goes in, as VP. Again, presuming Romney doesn't get eaten by sharks. We want a vote, we'll almost certainly lose that vote, because 5 states does not equal 26 states. Maine and the others should go on record as supporting Ron Paul. Paul should be able to get that nomination speech. Then, we put Ron Paul up as VP. That vote should be a little closer.

ARe you talking about in a third party run? Because the discussion in the other thread it was about who might win over some of the existing delegates at RNC and Johnson wouldn't help.
    Who might win over delegates? Palin.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishW View Post
    I bet a Ron Paul / Sarah Palin ticket would kill the opposition. I have this undeniable quality of being an average American, and I say the polls would crash for Obama if this was the other choice.
    Palin/Paul or Paul/Palin would win.

My pick......

NEWT GINGRICH!!

What?? Why Newt?

Newt was already a candidate and drew a lot of 'Tea Party' support. This blunts the Ryan pick by Romney.

Ideologically, Ron and Newt are miles apart, but Newt is more malleable than Santorum and could be made to 'see the light' so to speak. Even with all his flaws, people like Newt. His name recognition is 100% and he has a supreme knowledge of the nuts and bolts workings of Congress. Plus, Newt has delegates.

There is a lot to criticize about Newt and I could certainly pick others that would be a better 'fit' with Ron Paul, but no other that has a chance of helping him win, both at the convention and in November.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

Unless Paul wins the nomination from the floor through the delegates at the convention, there will be no announcement of a VP, or further activity by him to win this year, as he has sadly made clear. I was informed by someone close to Judge Nap that the object for the Paul family at this point is to set up Rand's run in 2016, and has been for some time.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Unless Paul wins the nomination from the floor through the delegates at the convention, there will be no announcement of a VP, or further activity by him to win this year, as he has sadly made clear. I was informed by someone close to Judge Nap that the object for the Paul family at this point is to set up Rand's run in 2016, and has been for some time.
    I hope Romney wins, then, and gives the Paul family a reminder that central planning fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    I would too, but going into the convention with a 5% chance of coming out with the nomination by doing it that way versus working a deal with Santorum and almost guaranteeing the nomination is better in my opinion.

- ML
    ...Getting Santorum's agreement would not 'guarantee' victory in any way, shape or form. Romney would still be the overwhelming favorite to win.

We'll probably see a Paul/DeMint ticket. Just not this election cycle

De Mint would fit the bill of being palatable of those who would draw the other delegates, however I don't see him going that rogue.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234