Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul should pick his VP now

Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    In February 2009, Whitman announced her candidacy for Governor of California, becoming the third woman in a twenty year period to run for the office. She won the Republican primary in June 2010. The fourth wealthiest woman in the state of California with a net worth of $1.3 billion in 2010, she spent more of her own money on the race than any other political candidate spent on a single election in American history, spending $144 million total of her own fortune and $178.5 million including donors. Whitman lost to Jerry Brown in the November 2 election.

With Ron and Meg Whitman, we could carry California.
    Jerry Brown... thats the signature on my bachelor's degree. I wish it was arnold swarchzenegger. lol.

Well, california is still broke and going under.... =|

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    Couple of things....

1) Santorum hates Romney.
    So do I. NO.

2) Ron Paul has nothing in common with any of the Republicans.
    That's not true at all. He is the embodiment of what Ronald Reagan only talked about.

3) If we want to be serious about getting Paul the nomination, we need to compromise a bit. I'm sorry but Ron Paul announcing Napolitano, or Walter Williams as his VP isn't going to get the social conservatives to switch from Romney to Paul.

Santorum is horrible, I know this, but I'm looking at what is the most important right now, Obama/Biden vs Romney/Ryan or Obama/Biden vs Paul/Santorum. Which one would you choose?

- ML
    Santorum is a big government leftist. No.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    pick gary johnson.. run under GOP/libertarian ticket. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    I cannot believe the Palin love around here. What the hell does she have to do to prove to people that she's a blithering idiot? A statist blithering idiot, at that?
    Bad press can make anyone look like an idiot, Ron paul should know that all too well. Palin is hardly an idiot.

We need a successful business person to match Ron.

How about Meg Whitman:

She happens to be a BILLIONAIRE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg_Whitman

Edit: And about 100X smarter than Palin.
    *GAG* <-- from California

Possibly better than santorum but only because santorum is so bad. The case for Palin is she really seems more independent and less bought, except for superficially. (yeah, superficially bought, like that phrase?)

but it should be between delegates and on the floor I think, if it is her. She ISN'T on board with Ron but if the situation came up, nor would anyone else be who could make it fly with the other delegates there, and she'd be better than most of those. Just my 2cents. Palin isn't 'my girl' but 'doesn't belong to Goldman Sachs' is a big deal with me, and the others I can think of do.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-11-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Palin isn't 'my girl' but 'doesn't belong to Goldman Sachs' is a big deal with me, and the others I can think of do.
    You gotta be kidding. She was taking their money when she was running for VP.

I prefer girls with their own money. Meg is a great choice.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

*GAG* <-- from California

Possibly better than santorum but only because santorum is so bad. The case for Palin is she really seems more independent and less bought, except for superficially. (yeah, superficially bought, like that phrase?)

but it should be between delegates and on the floor I think, if it is her. She ISN'T on board with Ron but if the situation came up, nor would anyone else be who could make it fly with the other delegates there, and she'd be better than most of those. Just my 2cents. Palin isn't 'my girl' but 'doesn't belong to Goldman Sachs' is a big deal with me, and the others I can think of do.
    This must be silly.. but I voted for Meg Witman because of this

"On Monday, Whitman’s campaign sent out a twitter update with a link intended to take viewers to a site with a San Diego Police Association endorsement. Instead, clickers were taken to a YouTube video of a Japanese man dressed in a pink tutu, thigh-high stockings and garters.

Whitman’s campaign staff’s apparent cut and paste error has bumped the YouTube video to more than 986,000 views. And most curious, the campaign has not yet removed the odd tweet."

Song from my favorite anime =D.. for those that can tell. he is a good bassist, its why i picked up the bass to play.
    Last edited by alucard13mmfmj; 08-11-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    Instead, clickers were taken to a YouTube video of a Japanese man dressed in a pink tutu, thigh-high stockings and garters.
    Serendipity! This could not have been a random error. Someone had a great sense of humor and they just let it go.

Imagine the bitch scream that Sarah Palin would have yell out!

You gotta be kidding. She was taking their money when she was running for VP.

I prefer girls with their own money. Meg is a great choice.
    She didn't take it, McCain did.

Meg just seemed like a go along establishment Republican to me in the gubanatorial race. What about her is good?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Meg just seemed like a go along establishment Republican to me in the gubanatorial race. What about her is good?
    She was a great CEO at E-Bay and made it very successfully in a highly male dominated nerd culture. She commanded respect without any of tools that many use to claim authority. For example she used a regular cubicle along with everyone else.

I'm still in shock that Gerry Brown won. She would have been so much better for California and now, the country.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishW View Post
    Sarah Palin If nothing else, it will get media attention, and I am growing weary of the all boy's club. She has not endorsed Romney and I think she would do it! I can only imagine the crowds they would draw!
    Get over it.. Sarah Palin is a joke. Admittely i used to like her back in 2008 but her true colors have come out and she's just milking any attention she is getting.

Sorry if i offended any Palin fans or if I broke some internet treaty but that's the truth that i feel.

She was a great CEO at E-Bay and made it very successfully in a highly male dominated nerd culture. She commanded respect without any of tools that many use to claim authority. For example she used a regular cubicle along with everyone else.

I'm still in shock that Gerry Brown won. She would have been so much better for California and now, the country.
    None of that speaks to any policy that would be different from the status quo now.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    As horrible as this sounds, if Ron Paul really wants to take over the convention and win the nomination then I think his campaign needs to talk to the Santorum campaign and agree to a Paul/Santorum ticket. Most of the constitutional and social conservatives would switch from being loyal to Romney and cast their votes for Paul, thus causing a brokered convention.

Choosing Palin could also do this but I'm fairly confident that Santorum would be the best bet to help Paul win the nomination.

- ML
    Santorum and Ron Paul have absolutely nothing in common.
    I don't know. I think at this point the only actual 'Santorum backers' are really moral majority, not specifically Santorum and they had him in low single digits until the fake Santorum surge by CNN in Iowa made the religious vote go to Santorum. I dont think they are utterly sold on him. Palin, Bachmann someone like that might fire them up equally as much. Of the two, I like Palin because she is independent, more, and I think she doesn't really have a set foreign policy she is sold on, to be honest. Neither are my candidates. But Bachmann voted for NDAA and to extend the Patriot Act etc etc.

However, I find it hard to get BEHIND any of them and wouldn't want Ron to pick them and take on their policies. I'd rather the VP was picked from the floor where compromises wouldn't taint Ron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    Judge Nap.
    We need a successful business person to match Ron.

How about Meg Whitman:

She happens to be a BILLIONAIRE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg_Whitman

Edit: And about 100X smarter than Palin.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDewgooder View Post
    I was thinking of Andrew Napolitano
    LMAO.. This ain't fantasy football guys

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    And it shouldn't. It would make Ron Paul appear out of touch with reality and a caricature.
    You would probably be right if he would make a formal announcement as to his pick for VP, but he could mention his own choices when critiquing Romney's VP pick. Let the people know, what could be.

Quote Originally Posted by GopBlackList View Post
    Get over it.. Sarah Palin is a joke. Admittely i used to like her back in 2008 but her true colors have come out and she's just milking any attention she is getting.

Sorry if i offended any Palin fans or if I broke some internet treaty but that's the truth that i feel.
    I think the issue is something to appeal to the other delegates there in a floor fight if it comes to that, and someone Ron could pick without offending us likely wouldn't attract those delegates. So my thought was more, who could we bear, as second, that they might like....

It isn't likely to be a problem we need to deal with, but if it were, we would need to buy leverage with it imho.

I think the issue is something to appeal to the other delegates there in a floor fight if it comes to that, and someone Ron could pick without offending us likely wouldn't attract those delegates. So my thought was more, who could we bear, as second, that they might like....

It isn't likely to be a problem we need to deal with, but if it were, we would need to buy leverage with it imho.
    In other words, let's play politics and use people to further our agenda

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    or.... he could not make an embarrassing gesture, like picking a VP when he has 0 chance of getting the nomination....
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    or.... he could not make an embarrassing gesture, like picking a VP when he has 0 chance of getting the nomination....
    O chance? I refuse to believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Don't denigrate Ron's chances of winning in his own campaign forum

any more than you would denigrate Massie's or anyone else's in their forum.

Most people who do that are really trying to get people to take on THEIR projects or candidates, but that is not your decision, how other people than you spend their time.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-11-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GopBlackList View Post
    LMAO.. This ain't fantasy football guys
    hey fantasy football can have multiple purposes... just thinking of my draft order is how I managed taking a 45 min MRI....

In February 2009, Whitman announced her candidacy for Governor of California, becoming the third woman in a twenty year period to run for the office. She won the Republican primary in June 2010. The fourth wealthiest woman in the state of California with a net worth of $1.3 billion in 2010, she spent more of her own money on the race than any other political candidate spent on a single election in American history, spending $144 million total of her own fortune and $178.5 million including donors. Whitman lost to Jerry Brown in the November 2 election.

With Ron and Meg Whitman, we could carry California.
    Why? Would she be purchasing the state? Does she even have liberty credentials? Methinks not.

Whitman was a supporter of former Bain Capital founder and Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney's presidential campaign[50] in 2008 and was on his National Finance Team.[51] She was also listed as Finance co-chair of Romney's exploratory committee.[52] However, after Romney stepped out of the race and endorsed McCain, Whitman joined McCain's presidential campaign as a national co-chair. Via Wiki

And compete with the story the criminals and their minions are currently putting out?

Then again maybe I'm the only one that considers the counterfeiting that is going on, to fuel what has been going down, a crime against humanity.

a veep choise implies a 3rd party run...

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Walter Jones
    Wonderful

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    ok

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonF View Post
    To show that he is still in the race.
    Absolutely !!!

Would spark a Ton of media press right before the convention!!

and Tell the world you have another choice!
    One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
    Learn More at https://www.facebook.com/FireFiveFortyfive

I'd take it. The powers to be may not let it last long, but Ron in office for even a short time would allow him to veto a number of bills.

It would be a brilliant move by the campaign if they tried this. I doubt they will, but it could be a major game changer.

If Ron is at the top of the ticket, I'm fine.

I bet a Ron Paul / Sarah Palin ticket would kill the opposition. I have this undeniable quality of being an average American, and I say the polls would crash for Obama if this was the other choice.
    Last edited by rockandrollsouls; 08-11-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    I would be down with that!
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast