Thread: Type Zero Civilization

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I remember watching this a few months back. If you haven't seen it please watch it. I won't spoil it except to say we get called terrorists if we don't want One World Government.
    I am the spoon.

Got half way through,,
    Does he ever give examples of known Type 1,,2 or 3 planets or civilization?
    or is his entire spiel based on Sci-Fi ?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Got half way through,,
    The latter, unfortunately..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Got half way through,,
    There is no known anything since we don't know of life much less intelligent life existing outside of Earth at the moment. This is all theoretical.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    I remember watching this a few months back. If you haven't seen it please watch it. I won't spoil it except to say we get called terrorists if we don't want One World Government.
    On paper, I would not be opposed to the idea of One World Government. I just don't agree with the way it's currently being set up and how it would be run. We would need to have an integral approach to reconcile all religions and science above all in order to try and make a planetary civilization work or we destroy ourselves with our technology. As for me, ideally a world government would have to be a world 'republic' of some sorts, a true republic, like many of us united here are for.
    Last edited by 1stAmendguy; 08-10-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Type 2 civilizations are immortal. ROFL Sounds like a modern day Icarus in that video.

wow

I made it to 47 seconds and shut it off because the guy is so full of crap it was stinking up my room. He starts out with a statement that physicists think about alien life in this way and then proceeds to put forth a theory with exactly the same predictive power and scientific basis in fact as the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie. The man is simply an entertainer and I don't care what entertainers think about astro-biology or anything else for that matter.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't say it was fact. Watch it all the way through.

He mentions he was asked by Stanley Kubrick, a very interesting filmmaker, to give his opinion on the subject before he made 2001.

He's been talking about this for some years. Heard him on Coast to Coast as a kid. Kotin's right, it's all sci-fi. Kookier than Alex Jones stuff, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I made it to 47 seconds and shut it off because the guy is so full of crap it was stinking up my room. He starts out with a statement that physicists think about alien life in this way and then proceeds to put forth a theory with exactly the same predictive power and scientific basis in fact as the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie. The man is simply an entertainer and I don't care what entertainers think about astro-biology or anything else for that matter.
    I made it a bit farther,, but that was my general impression.

I like Sci-Fi.. I enjoy the "what If" questions. but to make the jump from "what If" to "It Is" with neither investigation or evidence,,,
    Nope
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    He's been talking about this for some years. Heard him on Coast to Coast as a kid. Kotin's right, it's all sci-fi. Kookier than Alex Jones stuff, IMO.
    Lol this is not even his theory. It's called the Kardashev Scale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale It was first theorized by Soviet scientist Nikolai Kardashev and it's been around since the sixties.

Michio Kaku is a science popularizer. You can say he's our generation's Carl Sagan.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul...n/oe-shermer22

Interesting article

The author is apparently a libertarian too
    “It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.” -Voltaire

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." -Frederick Nietzsche

"The Republican form of government is the highest form of government: but because of this it requires the highest type of human nature, a type nowhere at present existing." -Herbert Spencer

I have trouble finding intelligent life anywhere around me. And I live here. What makes him think we could recognize what intelligent life looks like, given so few examples here on earth?