Thread: Pitchfork-wielding Virginia farmers rally against birthday party fine

Pitchfork-wielding Virginia farmers rally against birthday party fine

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...party-hosting/

Pitchfork-wielding Virginia farmers rallied to support a woman who claims local officials came down on her for, among other things, hosting a children's birthday party on her spread.

Martha Boneta, owner of Liberty Farms in the northern village of Paris, was threatened with nearly $5,000 in fines for selling produce and crafts and throwing unlicensed events, including a birthday party for her best friend's child. She told FoxNews.com she wasn't doing anything farmers haven't done for generations, and at a recent zoning board meeting, her agrarian friends literally showed up with pitchforks to express their support.

“It’s rather odd that I’m the only farmer in the county having these issues,” Boneta said. “It’s customary to do these things. It’s done through on farms throughout Virginia to help farming and agriculture.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz23AIdowEd
    Let this be a lesson to you Martha. You can't do what you want to do on "your" property.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    Let this be a lesson to you Martha. You can't do what you want to do on "your" property.
    Boneta said. “It’s customary to do these things. It’s done through on farms throughout Virginia to help farming and agriculture.”
    ORLY? Martha. You know we have the power to mitigate these fines against you? Don't you? If it were seen that you were cooperating with us. Now then, care to give us some names and specifics?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    2nd amendment
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Ol' Stonewall would be less ashamed! Give em the Bayonet!
    Best of luck in life.

Some time ago the "trendies" who had moved out to the "boonies" where my family owns property for generations tried to bring zoning. I was proud to see black and white country folks band together against such an abomination. It's a shame these Virgina farmers didn't know to resist zoning before it came it. Zoning makes zero sense in a rural setting. (And yeah, I'm not sold on it in an urban setting either).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Houston has no zoning.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Houston has no zoning.
    Seriously? Zoning's one of those things that really chaps my hide. Wherever I end up buying/building a house will have excellent zoning laws (i.e. the lack thereof).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bump - She's running for congress!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...dal-alcoholism
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."