This weekend, the RNC, via Maine Republican Party Chairman Charlie Webster offered a "compromise"... take a look:
1. A majority of the delegates sign a statement agreeing that, if Ron Paul is not on the ballot, they will vote at the Convention for Mitt Romney.
2. Instead of Brent Tweed, Charlie Webster or Paul LePage would serve as the spokesperson for the delegation and announce the votes cast for president. That spokesperson would also handle all media on behalf of the Maine delegation.
3. There will be nothing negative said about Mitt Romney or positive said about Obama (especially to media).
4. The Delegation will be admitted to the Convention, and to all committee assignments, without barrier.
5. The Contest brought by Jan Staples and Peter Cianchette will be withdrawn.