Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumpster diving for Ron Paul (pic)

Thumbs up Dumpster diving for Ron Paul (pic)

At the Minnesota HQ early on in the Campaign back in October we actually found a most of our office furniture either at the local thrift stores, or out back in the dumpster behind the building. Here is the pic to prove it.

Similarly when I helped Rand set up his new office in Bowling Green, we did the same thing. The big conference table we used was actually a discarded ping-pong table from the trash pile out back lolz....
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 05-21-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh lord, I wonder what the inside of the White House is gonna look like.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    With a Paul presidency there'd be no up-teen millions spent remodeling.

Don't tell me you slept on that bed Collins. Probably pre-covered in urine and feces.

Is he gonna eat those peanuts?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronulus View Post
    Don't tell me you slept on that bed Collins. Probably pre-covered in urine and feces.
    The Collins never rests.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Not the most effective use of time. And it's sort of embarrassing to support a campaign that makes it's lower level staffers dig through dumpsters to furnish offices. I love the concept of saving money with used furniture, but dumpster diving isn't professional.

Urine and feces if he's lucky.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like it , shows inititive and resourcefulness ,but , Angelatc could be right ,

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Not the most effective use of time. And it's sort of embarrassing to support a campaign that makes it's lower level staffers dig through dumpsters to furnish offices. I love the concept of saving money with used furniture, but dumpster diving isn't professional.
    Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Pulling furniture out of the dumpster was a much quicker and cheaper use of time than going out shopping for stuff.

But we've all come to learn from you, the eternal critic, is that all you want to do is criticize. Your detraction really gets old and tiresome.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

LOL, no I brought my own bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    LOL, no I brought my own bed.
    Was it hobbit-sized?

Yikes I would be scared of getting bedbugs! (or maybe it's too cold in Minnesota for them)

This just in:

Ron Paul sends staffers dumpster diving to furnish offices. Campaign broke.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    This just in:

via Politico

I dumpster dive for plants.

Alot of people throw away plants they think are dead .. all they need is TLC - I saved alot of plants outta the dumpsters over the years. Some of my dumpster plants are the nicest looking aged plants I have. Why people would throw away 10-20 year old plants because they went dormant for one reason or another is beyond me.

I love my plants. LOL
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dumpster furniture is cheap and good value. I'm glad to see that the Ron Paul campaign knows how to be thrifty with my contributions.

Oh my Melissa you tree-hugger!

(I'm just joking, that's actually kind of interesting. You probably pulled some of my plants out of a dumpster somewhere. I swear, couldn't grow even mold if I tried (mold is not a plant, again, that's a joke))
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    This just in:

ha ha ha... no this was done early on in the Campaign.

You know these are tweeted.?
    RVO˩UTION

Be sure to dumpster dive after EVERY state convention.

Thanks for doing a thankless job.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

Maybe it's not "professional" but it's something EVERYONE can understand. When my hubby and I were broke and just starting out we did the exact same thing. In fact I bet MOST people have done something similar at some point.

I love your avatar, way cool....

Quote Originally Posted by porchdog View Post
    I love your avatar, way cool....
    I presume you're referring to my avatar. I'm presumptuous that way.

Since you're new here, there's a very specific reason for it. It refers to the Vote Flipping controversy that we have discussed on this forum for about two months. We've produced about 4-5 threads that became so long that we had to start new, clean threads.

You are welcome to join the discussion here:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-vote-flipping
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The guy in the hoodie is diving. The guy in the argyle is a poser... No one wears argyle to go diving.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Are you kidding me? One moneybomb and the Paul white house would have some balla ass furniture.

The dude on the left with the vest makes even Santorum look insignificant in comparison! (And let's be honest here, no matter how much you hate Santorum, he was a nice dresser...)

The Paul campaign merchandise needs more vests! They're so stylish!!!

Although am I the only one who hates Dumpster Driving? If it's still on my property, you have no right to take it unless I put a sign saying so!

Or am I thinking of something else? I'm talking those people who jack my stuff I leave on my yard, and later I change my mind and want it back!
    Last edited by Lishy; 05-21-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Pulling furniture out of the dumpster was a much quicker and cheaper use of time than going out shopping for stuff.

But we've all come to learn from you, the eternal critic, is that all you want to do is criticize. Your detraction really gets old and tiresome.
    Brilliant defense!

Your personal vendetta(s) aside, it's still a really good point. Freeganism isn't even something that shows up in hot topics. A wise move? Sure, whatever. Posting a picture that a Romney operative can take advantage of ... ?

I can see the mocking captions at redstate already.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

Quote Originally Posted by PattyFromTexas View Post
    Maybe it's not "professional" but it's something EVERYONE can understand. When my hubby and I were broke and just starting out we did the exact same thing. In fact I bet MOST people have done something similar at some point.
    Rugged individualism at its best! And Welcome to the forum Patty.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Nobody stands on the edge of a dumpster with their hands on their hips....
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast