Thread: Ron Paul: Stock market due for a major correction (CNBC 7/29/14)

Ron Paul: Stock market due for a major correction (CNBC 7/29/14)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But we havent had a chance to recover from the last "Recovery"!

Wheres Zippy?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I'll bet the mucky-mucks at CNBC cringe every time Ron is on and drops truth bombs on them. I'm also somewhat surprised that they continue to have him on. My guess is that secretly they hope to de-rail Rand by associating him with Ron's dogma. In fact in this clip they did ask Ron if Rand had a Ron Paul problemo. The masses on a whole are still in denial concerning the economy, after all, CNBC and the like told us that everything is roses unicorns and rainbows. They wouldn't lie to us...would they? My next question is how do these people sleep at night? Zippy?
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    I'll bet the mucky-mucks at CNBC cringe every time Ron is on and drops truth bombs on them. I'm also somewhat surprised that they continue to have him on. My guess is that secretly they hope to de-rail Rand by associating him with Ron's dogma. In fact in this clip they did ask Ron if Rand had a Ron Paul problemo. The masses on a whole are still in denial concerning the economy, after all, CNBC and the like told us that everything is roses unicorns and rainbows. They wouldn't lie to us...would they? My next question is how do these people sleep at night? Zippy?
    I think only the media and politicians are in denial and that's mostly because they're sheltered from the real world. Most people are very well aware that the economy isn't improving. It's why that same media and those same politicians would rather talk about pointless crap like race-baiting and gay rights and other emotional claptrap. It takes focus from the things that affect nearly every one of us.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

"The only thing growing is the debt!"

That's "gold" from Ron.

Does Ron Paul ever say anything else about stocks? Has he ever thought they'd go up?

Greenspan recently said we are in for a correction.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would be better if Dr. Paul did not make predictions like this. But, at least the reasons he gives are sound.

Dr. Paul is no Harry Browne. Harry realized early in his career that he couldn't predict the future. Ron still thinks that he has a pretty good idea of what's coming. Harry thought that he did, too, at the beginning of his career, and he lucked out: his predictions were stunningly accurate and profitable. Good thing, too, because that's the only way to become a big name in the financial business. But then he advanced beyond that and ended up profoundly advancing the theory of investment with his future-agnostic approach.

Of course, Harry Browne would probably not get invited onto today's CNBC very often. No one wants to hear answers like "I don't know. And nobody else does either."

SM will drop by 40% soon. Spitznagel is always correct

I imagine once it drops it's initial drop it will continue to fall right off the table.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    I imagine...

It appears the correction has started. And on CNBC, they are clamoring for more labor. That's the solution! Print money and import labor!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

the dollar hasnt got weaker she claims! i almost blew snot out of my nose when she said that.

The sound of silence today was like a huge explosion happened that didn't make a hint of a noise.

I have to remind myself. This sounds bad but ends up feeling good.

I'm thinking I see the dollar get so devalued at times that it becomes uneconomical for people to hire or people to work for the devalued wages. When it happens people start defaulting on loans (Argentina.). The defaulting leads to markets reflecting stock prices revalued in the stronger defaulted dollars (Goes down.). Finally the defaulting restores enough value into the dollar it once again begins to pay for people to hire. It also makes it almost worth your while to take an hourly job.

Then the people,
    with no money,
    fire up the presses,
    for government with no credibility,
    so they can get what they want,
    while the honest earners dollar is rendered even less powerful trying to get honest task accomplished in competition with the crap.

And here we go again.

But I've sung you all this tune before.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    But I've sung you all this tune before.

Log scales really are better for long-term charts like this. I know you didn't understand my point about that in the other thread, but they really are. And you are continually posting up these things, over and over. So I'll try to explain it:

A log scale shows every percentage change as equal. So, if the stock market went up 20% in 1980, it looks equally steep, there is an equally big jump, as if the stock market went up 20% in 2013. Thus, it gives a more accurate, realistic picture of actual real-life experience. A 20% increase is a 20% increase. It should look the same whenever it happened. If you plot long-term phenomenon like the stock market on a straight scale, it's distorted. I look at your charts and see "wow, things were really flat and boring for about a hundred years, then all of a sudden in the 1990s it started going up!" But that is just not accurate.

Here is a better, more accurate graph of the S&P during the same time frame as your graph in the above post. Yes, it is overlaid with the Permanent Portfolio numbers too; sorry, what can I say, that's my thing.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Log scales really are better for long-term charts like this. I know you didn't understand my point about that in the other thread, but they really are. And you are continually posting up these things, over and over. So I'll try to explain it:

A log scale shows every percentage change as equal. So, if the stock market went up 20% in 1980, it looks equally steep, there is an equally big jump, as if the stock market went up 20% in 2013. Thus, it gives a more accurate, realistic picture of actual real-life experience. A 20% increase is a 20% increase. It should look the same whenever it happened. If you plot long-term phenomenon like the stock market on a straight scale, it's distorted. I look at your charts and see "wow, things were really flat and boring for about a hundred years, then all of a sudden in the 1990s it started going up!" But that is just not accurate.

Here is a better, more accurate graph of the S&P during the same time frame as your graph in the above post. Yes, it is overlaid with the Permanent Portfolio numbers too; sorry, what can I say, that's my thing.

The charts I'm using are what is needed. They are and honest representation of the way the money and the stock market have acted.

We don't need a distorted view of the world. We need reality. That way when common sense and the value of the dollar is restored the line will return to the base line like it did after the counterfeiting in earlier times of war.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

The charts I'm using are what I feel is needed. They are and honest representation of the way the money and the stock market have acted.

We don't need a distorted view of the world. We need reality. That way when common sense and the value of the dollar is restored the line will return to the base line like it did after the counterfeiting in earlier times of war.

It would be reassuring to me if you could give me some sign that you understood a single word that I wrote.

Log scale is not "distorted."

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    That way when common sense and the value of the dollar is restored the line will return to the base line like it did after the counterfeiting in earlier times of war.
    Sadly, that may never happen.

In a perfect world, no one would be interested in seeing a chart of the value of money anyway, because it would be more or less constant and any such chart would be very boring.

And yes, I do agree with you that we would be nice if we had sound money again. What am I saying? Nice is an understatement; it would be unbelievably fantastic! But that is not the case for us right now.

The stock market is not just tracking inflation. That is just not reality. If you want reality, there it is. The stock market doesn't track inflation. The stock market, well, does its own thing. You never know what it will do. But fundamentally and long-term, the American stock market tracks the performance of American business.