Thread: Investment ideas. What would you do?

Investment ideas. What would you do?

Just looking for investment ideas from those who know much more than me (which isn't a lot). Hypothetically, if you came into some money, how would you invest it if you were looking to maximize your return within 20 years time, retire and not interested in high risk?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    ALL of it, or diversify into other possibilities as well? Jim rogers says farmland, but it's too expensive where I live.
    Last edited by Mundane; 09-04-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Check out Harry Brown's Permanent Portfolio.

http://crawlingroad.com/blog/2008/12...rical-returns/

Essentially the same returns as the Total Stock Market, but with FAR less volatility.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Assuming you may be in an Urban environment, aside from guns, ammo , water , food , copper , silver , gold , medical supplies , meh , few shares of Chevron , General Dynamics, find a good mining equipment mnfg co .....

Invest in yourself. Two rock solid vehicles with parts vehicles & replacement parts (extra brakes, struts, spare engine/tranny, etc.) to back em up. Off grid home with no payments and a 50 year plan on the roof well outside of populated areas. Every tool needed to maintain both. Enough medical to survive a few gunshot wounds. Land deeds in several states with a marine cargo container on each.... maybe a few international parcels. Dual citizenship. Fruit & nut trees. Fencing and irrigation. Earth moving equipment. Shot gun, Rifle, 22, compound bow, pistol. Ammo. 3 years of good boots. Education in some basic "help your neighbor" skills: Mechanic, electrician, etc. Storm shelter. 12 months food storage, 6 months dry goods on hand. 25k tangible silver and gold buried in mason jars. Easy to maintain rental property. Game plan for family.

I'd take the above over 100k in Chevron any day.

Be prepared for fight or flight; its coming.

I wouldn't gamble my money on ANY form of paper certificate until the list above is well populated.

presence
    Last edited by presence; 09-05-2012 at 07:44 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Mundane View Post
    Just looking for investment ideas from those who know much more than me (which isn't a lot). Hypothetically, if you came into some money, how would you invest it if you were looking to maximize your return within 20 years time, retire and not interested in high risk?
    If you own a house or car pay it off before anything. keep some cash around even thought it may be worthless soon. Like a grand or two. silver, and gold can be good but not all your money should be put into anything. Copper may be and ok investment for a small percentage of your wealth. the best thing you can do is stay out of debt. Maybe buy a couple bee hives and the stuff needed to work them.

I think if you where to invest into a large chunk of land where you could farm and ranch a bit you could not go wrong. guns also

And get yourself some stuff to distill hard alcohol.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

The prison industry. HA! No don't do that.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I came into some money and had no clue what to do with it I would probably consult a professional financial planner.

I have Apple stock that I bought @$51 & I have a safety deposit box with kruggerands & 1oz silver coins. I wish I found out about Ron Paul at the beginning of the war because those kruggerands would be worth 5 times as much today.