Thread: George Carlin on the American Dream

Thumbs up George Carlin on the American Dream

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sound didn't work for me

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work
    Last edited by libertyfanatic; 08-07-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    “It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.” -Voltaire

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." -Frederick Nietzsche

"The Republican form of government is the highest form of government: but because of this it requires the highest type of human nature, a type nowhere at present existing." -Herbert Spencer

sound didn't work for me either
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Works for me... Using Chrome. Make sure it's not muted on the video.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

Worked just fine for me.

I love George Carlin, even when his rants veer slightly leftward. His HBO specials in the '90s had an enormous influence on shaping my worldview as a kid (and I do mean "kid". By 14 I had seen every late-era special of his at least once) He was quite possibly the first truly "subversive" thinker I was ever exposed to.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me