Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic crash on it's way

Epic crash on it's way

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/stocks...volume-5-years

Volumes have been very low for quite some time, but now it's kind of getting crazy. Guess when the last time volumes were this low?

Right as the market topped in 2007 and the volume of buyers died.

Crash season is only weeks away.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

in a free market, that would mean all resources are allocated or nothing good is being offered.
    in the era of easy money and government covering losses, that is strange
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

This forum used to be depressing with AF's constant barrage of police brutality stories. Now I don't have to worry about cops, but starving to death...
    Last edited by Danke; 08-09-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

maybe the big funds have pumped, but not enough private traders have bought in yet, so they haven't dumped.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    This forum used to be depressing with AF's constant barrage of police brutality stories. Now I don't have to worry about cops, but starving to death...
    This may brighten your day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_of_tension

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    You never upgraded my account!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    This forum used to be depressing with AF's constant barrage of police brutality stories pics of big "beautiful" women...
    ahem

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    ahem
    That too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/stocks...volume-5-years

Volumes have been very low for quite some time, but now it's kind of getting crazy. Guess when the last time volumes were this low?

Right as the market topped in 2007 and the volume of buyers died.

But what would be the reason for the crash? Correlation does not imply causation.

All around the world, stock markets (all markets...) have been pumped up by QE, LTRO and Central Bank balance sheet expansion. The entities left trading these markets have been front running the next rounds of monetary expansion. This has driven asset prices up EVEN MORE.

Now, a myriad of factors have contributed to the retail investor (you and I) TO CEASE INVESTING IN THE MARKETS. Most middle class folks either have no money to invest (huge debts) OR do not have ANY trust in the institutions that would be holding their capital - retail investors have fled the market, almost 100%.

The largest firms, in their attempt to HFT their ways into perpetual liquidity, have sabbotaged their own business models.

The markets are a fantasy. There are two primary sources of market involvement today. 1) Government and Central Bank MANIPULATION 2) "SKYNET". High Frequency Trading Algorythms for the largest investment firms.

There is no more PUMP AND DUMP on the retail investor. THERE ARE NONE LEFT.

The first sign of a deferred QE program will lead to a MASSIVE sell off of most equities.

Think The Bernank will print up a storm right before an election, when the incumbent president has proven that he is happy to be the bitch boy of the banks?

Doubt it.

A crashed S&P will hurt Obama less then skyrocketing fuel costs.

Don't get me wrong, the end is a confetti storm. Politically speaking, the oligarchs MUST first cripple markets so that they can deliver the "We can save you all with money printing" nonsense.

Additionally, much like 2007, precious metals are front running the rest of the market. The correction in PM's PRECEEDED the rest of the market crash. Last time around, the market crash coincided with the rebound in PM's.

Within the first few days of this crash, PM's of the paper derivative type will be sold EN MASSE to get cash - but that move will be short lived. The purchasing of the physical metal will go ballistic and while most everything else is dropping like a stone, PM's will begin an ascent like no one in this lifetime has seen.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    But what would be the reason for the crash? Correlation does not imply causation.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 08-09-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Don't get me wrong, the end is a confetti storm. Politically speaking, the oligarchs MUST first cripple markets so that they can deliver the "We can save you all with money printing" nonsense..
    this is where i have a different perspective. to say they are trying to cripple the market is to attribute some great genious to these people. that they are not.
    they are trying to keep themselves in control- the natural market is fighting the imbalance their policies have caused. they fight back with central control.
    they will lose that battle. the destruction will be despite their efforts not because they wanted it.
    wanna see people hanging in front of the capital building? crash the market to zero.

I'll refer you to a quote:

"Buy when there is blood in the streets."

Welcome to the ruthless of the ruthless. The high ups are SHELTERED from the people in the streets. They will happily trigger a mass sell off so they can buy up your childs future, pennies on the dollar. That precedent has been set and has repeated itself quite often.

The biggest, baddest of the bankers have been doing exactly what you just argued against for centuries (AT LEAST!).

The largest string pullers, most definately have ambitions of destroying capital to buy it back up on the cheap. This time around, the end game is to then destroy the currency to usher in a larger scale currency, with THEM as the owners of the lands, debts and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    this is where i have a different perspective. to say they are trying to cripple the market is to attribute some great genious to these people. that they are not.
    they are trying to keep themselves in control- the natural market is fighting the imbalance their policies have caused. they fight back with central control.
    they will lose that battle. the destruction will be despite their efforts not because they wanted it.
    wanna see people hanging in front of the capital building? crash the market to zero.

Welcome to the ruthless of the ruthless. The high ups are SHELTERED from the people in the streets. They will happily trigger a mass sell off so they can buy up your childs future, pennies on the dollar. That precedent has been set and has repeated itself quite often.

The biggest, baddest of the bankers have been doing exactly what you just argued against for centuries (AT LEAST!).

The largest string pullers, most definately have ambitions of destroying capital to buy it back up on the cheap. This time around, the end game is to then destroy the currency to usher in a larger scale currency, with THEM as the owners of the lands, debts and resources.
    my counter to that is the banks that needed the most bailing out were the members of the fed reserve.
    in their schemes, they were caught with their pants down.
    they were given trillions of monopoly money to buy up the lil' banks they took down with them, but it wasn't their plan(in my opinion) because they needed the bail-out.
    in their perfect scheme, the small banks would have crashed with themselves in good position to take them over.
    Last edited by torchbearer; 08-09-2012 at 05:33 PM.

This time around, they are much closer to your scenario. The amount of cash on the balance sheet of the average uber national bank/corporation is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    my counter to that is the banks that needed the most bailing out were the members of the fed reserve.
    in their schemes, they were caught with their pants down.
    they were giving trillions of monopoly money to buy up the lil' banks they took down with them, but it wasn't their plan(in my opinion) because they needed the bail-out.
    in their perfect scheme, the small banks would have crashed with themselves in good position to take them over.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Me too, and I'm only 24 years old...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    Great, tired of waiting.

I don't think anyone is in control of the global economy anymore. Various parts of the scam are still functioning, and the beneficiaries of those scams will run them as long as they can. But nobody controls the trajectory anymore. In fact, the elites will begin clawing at each other as the ship goes down. Note how long it took Barclays to implicate everyone it could find in the Libor scandal. When the music finally stops in the grand game of musical chairs, there will be a major fist fight. And then calamity. But NOBODY knows when the music will stop. But I can tell you this, if you are reading this, you had better be making your own chair because nobody is reserving one for you. You ain't in that club.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    The Fed itself has shown that all of the gains the stock market has made since the crash have been the result of QE activity. Not earnings, not sound prospects for recovery, but monetary manipulation. There IS a limt to that. Now it is possible that the market price could be sustained by an ever-escalating creating of new money. But in terms of real value, that will be a decline.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

The high ups are SHELTERED from the people in the streets.
    Do you have an idea who are these specific sheltered folk may be?
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Does that describe the politically but otherwise completely baseless attractiveness of our current president by the masses?

Of the three, I'd say the logo that Obama's Reich came up with has the least aesthetic appeal.

Don't forget the Forward slogan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjRPk5UCyaQ

Of the three, I'd say the logo that Obama's Reich came up with has the least aesthetic appeal.

Don't forget the Forward slogan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjRPk5UCyaQ

It's the least threatening using arcs, soft blue and soothing stripes vs hard edges and points. It's certainly the most deceptive of symbols. AKA Nobel peace prize.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How does the Europe situation play into it though. Remember how investors flee to US when Europe starts gagging more. They can offset a "crash" by making it more "news" that Greece is being kicked out of the Eurozone.

In my opinion, if it were not for the FED and PPT we would have already had a crash a few years ago. This being an election year, they will do everything in their power to prop up the system and any gains, which are only artificial, will be wiped off by early next year. The holidays season will serve to prop up the economy through December, but artificially depressed Commodity prices will explode in November especially silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    It's the least threatening using arcs, soft blue and soothing stripes vs hard edges and points. It's certainly the most deceptive of symbols. AKA Nobel peace prize.
    Good point!

Im not talking about a US market crash. Im taking about a crash that is across the board. The type of crash that has investment fund manager's offing themselves from NY to London to Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    How does the Europe situation play into it though. Remember how investors flee to US when Europe starts gagging more. They can offset a "crash" by making it more "news" that Greece is being kicked out of the Eurozone.

I have an idea, but I don't KNOW. For all I know, some of the worst of the worst may be front men who are merely fronts for the real evil doers.

BUT, the names of Rockefeller, Gates, Bush, Rothchild certainly come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    Do you have an idea who are these specific sheltered folk may be?

I have an idea, but I don't KNOW. For all I know, some of the worst of the worst may be front men who are merely fronts for the real evil doers.

BUT, the names of Rockefeller, Gates, Bush, Rothchild certainly come to mind.
    Very difficult to prosecute them indeed right now. I think times would have to be SERIOUSLY bad before Americans ache for the American judicial system to seize everything, sell it off, and incarcerate those members. We may need to start preparing the ground to make sure people know that severe penalties are our only hope in stopping future catastrophic economic damage.

Im not talking about a US market crash. Im taking about a crash that is across the board. The type of crash that has investment fund manager's offing themselves from NY to London to Paris.
    Oh, I'm aware of that. It was one of the issues Peter Schiff didn't account for in '08, however in that investors ran SOMEWHERE. Rational or not. Will they run to US t-bills? They aren't exactly as wise as they think. They may do it again or be encouraged by the powers that be to do it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast