Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A comment and strange request on the Ron Paul Facebook page

A comment and strange request on the Ron Paul Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

"Dr. Paul, I know you probably don't read these and this is a strange request. I'm feeling kinda bummed lately and I was just wondering if there was any way you could come down to Virginia and give me a hug. I voted for you."
    - Wes Julian

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's awesome. I want a hug too.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    That's awesome. I want a hug too.
    we could start a sort of reception line for theim.....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I want to go to him and give HIM a hug, and tell him it was enough... I'm not mad... I don't think he sold out... and I admire him a great deal.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Ron would never sell out. Fine. Call it giving him hugs.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Before he retires from congress, I'm going to visit his office and just sit down and talk to him.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I think a lot of people in the movement feel the same way

I just want to tell him I tried

How about a thank you card bomb? Ok poor choice of words. A $#@!load of thank you cards.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How about a thank you card bomb? Ok poor choice of words. A $#@!load of thank you cards.
    Maybe after Tampa.

His birthday is coming up. Unfortunately, a letter might not post by then.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    we are talking about a twitter bomb, already. But I think a 'what you mean to me' type of thank you card bomb between Tampa and January when he leaves office would be good. I hope he stays in the limelight at the helm of C4L sort of as Grover Norquist does with his.

It's the 20th isn't it?
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

It's the 20th isn't it?
    Yes. We were floating ideas and got very few responses. A twitter/social media bomb Happy Birthday with links to his greatest videos/speeches was one, pushing donation to his endorsed candidates (like Sanborn in NH who has a moneybomb that day and a tough general election coming up) was the only other suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Yes. We were floating ideas and got very few responses. A twitter/social media bomb Happy Birthday with links to his greatest videos/speeches was one, pushing donation to his endorsed candidates (like Sanborn in NH who has a moneybomb that day and a tough general election coming up) was the only other suggestion.
    I am not involved in social media, and I alredy donate to candidates I support... which is why I did not really respond.

I will pen a letter, anyhow, and not associate it with his birthday.

for the guy's sake, i hope heavenlyboy doesn't read this thread.

I think we all love Ron Paul and would like to give him a hug. I know I would.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am not involved in social media, and I alredy donate to candidates I support... which is why I did not really respond.

I wasn't blaming anyone for not responding. I'm just saying I got more response on twitter than here, and I don't know how big it is going to be.

Me too. And throw in a pic of he and I from Ithaca.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-15-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1 View Post
    I think a lot of people in the movement feel the same way

I just want to tell him I tried
    Me too.

But also to tell him I'm not giving up either.

It's the 20th isn't it?
    Yep. And if you mail it tomorrow you could get it to him by Monday if you paid the extra cost. I think that is what I am going to do.

Isn't congress out of session? I'd send it to him in Texas.

Isn't congress out of session? I'd send it to him in Texas.
    Do you have his Texas address, or know where I can get it?

All I know is that if we want to make sure all his Texas Straight Talk articles, his speeches and other articles are preserved, we'd better get busy saving them before his House site is taken down.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    All I know is that if we want to make sure all his Texas Straight Talk articles, his speeches and other articles are preserved, we'd better get busy saving them before his House site is taken down.
    I don't know how. We need a mirror site, absolutely.

This reminds me of a post I read on Reddit yesterday:

So I sent a wedding invitation to Ron Paul...my fiance laughed at me but we received this in the mail today!!!

Man, I love Ron Paul. Wish I could give him a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Do you have his Texas address, or know where I can get it?
    I assume the first of these is the best:

Lake Jackson, Texas
    122 West Way, Suite 301
    Lake Jackson, TX 77566
    Phone Number: (979) 285-0231Victoria, Texas

1501 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 229
    Victoria, TX 77904
    Phone Number: (361) 576-1231
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-15-2012 at 09:38 PM.

we could start a sort of reception line for theim.....
    That sounds like the 2012 YAL National Convention. Though, that was in MD, not VA.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_hine View Post
    This reminds me of a post I read on Reddit yesterday:

So I sent a wedding invitation to Ron Paul...my fiance laughed at me but we received this in the mail today!!!

Man, I love Ron Paul. Wish I could give him a hug.
    that's fantastic. Someone here got a signature on the onesey they sent for their newborn too, the picture is on here somewhere....

But MC? Master of Ceremonies?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-15-2012 at 09:41 PM.

I don't know how. We need a mirror site, absolutely.
    YouTube! Someone should start a file on YouTUbe dedicated exclusively to gathering all the ones there at the very least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast