Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Ron Paul on House Floor Speaking Against Iran Sanctions 8/1/12

[Video] Ron Paul on House Floor Speaking Against Iran Sanctions 8/1/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn1o2p9VBiw

The House will be voting on another Iran sanctions bill today.

The House passed H.R. 1905 in December 2011 and the Senate passed the bill in May with some amendments. The House will vote to accept the Senate's amendments.

Here was the House vote in December:
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll927.xml
    Last edited by tsai3904; 08-01-2012 at 02:10 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry Ron, but the majority of the sheeple want more WARS!! and want to pay higher taxes. That is why Obamney and Obama are the only ones who can give the sheeple more Bigger and Better Government.

front page
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Love Ron Paul. Hear that, Rand? Listen to your dad.
    Only voted for Ron Paul and Trump in 28 years of living because I greatly respect honest men/women who expose disgusting illusions.

Ron Paul speaks the simple truth. Why is it do hard for Congress to understand?

Ron Paul has become more outspoken nowadays. It's not Ron's style to change his wording for a certain group like the GOP voting base, it doesn't come out right and he just ends up doing a worse job. This video right here is why I love the man. Plain, outspoken, and doesn't give a $#@! what voters think of him. Ron Paul in true form.
    Only voted for Ron Paul and Trump in 28 years of living because I greatly respect honest men/women who expose disgusting illusions.

He's totally fired up. I love it!
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But who's going to bomb the roads?

Ron Paul Speech on Iranian Sanctiions - Aug 1st, 2012

"For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

The House passed the bill with the Senate's amendments. This bill will now head to the President.

Here's the roll call vote:
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll546.xml

No votes:
    Amash
    Duncan (TN)
    Johnson (IL)
    Jones
    Kucinich
    Paul
    I'm surprised there's not much talk about John Duncan, Jr. Haven't looked extensively into his record but he has voted with Ron on many civil liberty and war issues. He did vote for the initial PATRIOT Act but has voted against it every time since (from all the votes I've looked into).

Against Iraq War
    Against creating Dept of Homeland Security
    Against making some provisions of PATRIOT Act permanent
    Against Iran sanctions ('06)
    For withdrawing troops from Iraq
    Against Iran sanctions ('09)
    Against extending PATRIOT Act for two years
    Against Iran sanctions ('10)
    Against funding Obama's Afghanistan troop surge
    Against extending PATRIOT Act for one year
    For accelerating withdrawal from Afghanistan
    Against NDAA FY 12
    Against extending PATRIOT Act for four years
    Against Iran sanctions ('11)
    For Smith-Amash Amendment
    Against Iran sanctions ('12)
    Last edited by tsai3904; 08-01-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Merge. Didn't see the 1st thread.
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

That guy deserves a national holiday in his honor
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

John Duncan is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    The House passed the bill with the Senate's amendments. This bill will now head to the President.

No votes:

I'm surprised there's not much talk about John Duncan, Jr. Haven't looked extensively into his record but he has voted with Ron on many civil liberty and war issues. He did vote for the initial PATRIOT Act but has voted against it every time since (from all the votes I've looked into).

Against Iraq War
    Against NDAA FY 12
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

President Ron Paul!!!

How people can't get excited about this man is beyond me. A true fighter for peace and prosperity and not one of my so called "friends" on facebook ever thumbed up anything I put up there about him. Yeah I know, I need new "friends."

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    President Ron Paul!!!

How people can't get excited about this man is beyond me. A true fighter for peace and prosperity and not one of my so called "friends" on facebook ever thumbed up anything I put up there about him. Yeah I know, I need new "friends."
    Same here, my FB friends (mostly family) hardly ever comment or "like" any of the RP stuff I post. One of my brothers and my daughter will "like" them, but one of my sisters will post "He's too liberal", "He's dangerous", etc. and I always give her more links but I don't think she reads them.

But how can anyone not see the sense in what he says?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love how other representatives yield him the time to speak. Those fat heads sitting behind him need to perk up and listen, there wont be another Ron Paul for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1 View Post
    I love how other representatives yield him the time to speak. Those fat heads sitting behind him need to perk up and listen, there wont be another Ron Paul for a good while.
    Just remember, Michelle Bachman had great things to say about Dr. Paul at one point too.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

No votes:

Against Iraq War
    Against NDAA FY 12
    What was the Senate roll call?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    What was the Senate roll call?
    5/21/2012:
    Passed Senate with an amendment by Voice Vote.

5/21/2012:
    Passed Senate with an amendment by Voice Vote.
    Oh. This is that bill. Lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Oh. This is that bill. Lovely.
    What are you referring to? The latest controversy with Rand was the foreign aid to Israel bill. This bill is not that one.

It's cool that five of the six "no" votes on Iran sanctions were Republicans.

Ron Paul speech 8/1/12: the obsession with Iran act

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Love Ron Paul. Hear that, Rand? Listen to your dad.
    Did he endorse the Mitt Romney response to the speech?

It seems obvious to me that Kucinich is making a play at Paul Supporters, even his new political PAC is probably a lead up to 2016 where he will make a white house run trying to be the liberty nominee. At least this is what I am starting to sense.

The muslims are coming the muslims are coming. To put it quite frankly if Iranians were white christians we wouldn't be having this conversation.

people can say what they want , i say there will ever be another RON PAUL .

Quote Originally Posted by BSU kid View Post
    It seems obvious to me that Kucinich is making a play at Paul Supporters, even his new political PAC is probably a lead up to 2016 where he will make a white house run trying to be the liberty nominee. At least this is what I am starting to sense.
    Kucinich has been a pretty consistent guy overall for a long time. I've read that he has been a good ally with Ron Paul for a while. I doubt he will run for president again.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    The muslims are coming the muslims are coming. To put it quite frankly if Iranians were white christians we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    At least until they yield completely to our corporate sponsors and the Federal Reserve.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast