Thread: Scenes From Militarized America #2,375,912

Exclamation Scenes From Militarized America #2,375,912

Scenes From Militarized America

Sunday, July 29th, 2012

http://www.theagitator.com/2012/07/2...zed-america-4/

Here’s a photo of part of the police response to the protests in Anaheim today. As many times as I’ve seen and written about images like this one, I still find them startling.

It just isn’t the sort of thing you’re supposed to see in a free society.

The heavy-handedness is Anaheim is particularly poignant when you consider that the protests themselves are in response to a rash of shootings by Anaheim cops, most notably Manuel Diaz last week, who was unarmed and shot twice. According to an attorney for the family, the second shot was to the back of the head as Diaz lay on the ground.

The punchline here is that after the police shoot Diaz, after they fire rubber bullets and pepper balls at protesters last week, after they call out the urban warfare unit this afternoon . . . everyone is calling on the protesters to remain peaceful.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-29-2012 at 05:42 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Truly frightening. I hate that I lived long enough to see this happen, and am terrified for my children.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Looks like the folks sweeping and terrorizing the streets in Afghanistan and Iraq. Lovely.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Truly frightening. I hate that I lived long enough to see this happen, and am terrified for my children.
    There were people warning about EXACTLY this $#@! 20 years ago.

They were called nuts.

Hell, I stated a while back that there would be tanks on American streets this year,, and was called stupid.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 07-29-2012 at 06:08 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

At the end of this one you can see soldiers on a roof top:
    Last edited by hazek; 07-29-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    Looks like the folks sweeping and terrorizing the streets in Afghanistan and Iraq. Lovely.

Hahaha yup

For any wondering,,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...litary_Reserve

(was curious myself)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dear slave,

Do not be alarmed by these images.. nothing has really changed, even if you weren't aware of it you always were a slave.. Your master is simply reminding you of this and letting you know that you misbehaved. He is also letting you know that as long as you follow every arbitrary rule he makes no matter what that might mean you'll be just fine! He promises! And his promises are golden, we all know that!

O say can you see by the dawn's early light,
    What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
    O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
    And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
    O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

No, not for a long time anymore.

Btw, how does it feel to see the cage your precious PR pamphlet of 4 pieces of paper(i.e. Constitution) either put you in or couldn't prevent you getting put in?

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    My GFs son is an Iraq vet. I just showed him this picture and it took him several seconds to realize that it wasn't Iraq. He said something about the picture wasn't looking right but his brain didn't want to make the 'America' connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Scenes From Militarized America

Sunday, July 29th, 2012

http://www.theagitator.com/2012/07/2...zed-america-4/

Here’s a photo of part of the police response to the protests in Anaheim today. As many times as I’ve seen and written about images like this one, I still find them startling.

It just isn’t the sort of thing you’re supposed to see in a free society.

The heavy-handedness is Anaheim is particularly poignant when you consider that the protests themselves are in response to a rash of shootings by Anaheim cops, most notably Manuel Diaz last week, who was unarmed and shot twice. According to an attorney for the family, the second shot was to the back of the head as Diaz lay on the ground.

The punchline here is that after the police shoot Diaz, after they fire rubber bullets and pepper balls at protesters last week, after they call out the urban warfare unit this afternoon . . . everyone is calling on the protesters to remain peaceful.

What the hell is THAT? A giant metal praying mantis? I thought the Bearcat looked like a tank...
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Is it just my imagination or is the police state ramping up at an exponential rate
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    What the hell is THAT? A giant metal praying mantis? I thought the Bearcat looked like a tank...
    Wait till they roll out the scoops.

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    My GFs son is an Iraq vet. I just showed him this picture and it took him several seconds to realize that it wasn't Iraq. He said something about the picture wasn't looking right but his brain didn't want to make the 'America' connection.
    What was his reaction when it did connect? Curious...
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

I think we are getting a taste of our own medicine. This is the same way as we treat the citizens in other countries, and have been doing so for years. Maybe we will finally understand this is why they are so angry with us.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Is it just my imagination or is the police state ramping up at an exponential rate
    We've all been saying this would happen. But it does seem faster than I would have imagined. This last two weeks there seems to be an almost limitless supply of stories about out of control cops... Then the movie theatre shooting.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Loved the analogy in comment #2 (by "Mario" at the link): how an ice age comes about.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I think we are getting a taste of our own medicine. This is the same way as we treat the citizens in other countries, and have been doing so for years. Maybe we will finally understand this is why they are so angry with us.
    WE (liberty minded) will. Everyone else will see it as necessary to protect us from criminals and terrorists. The fact that there are people actually defending this $#@! amazes me.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Cognitive dissonance this strong is not even surprising anymore. That in itself should be pretty scary to anyone with a nominally functional brain.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    My first guess would be an extending ladder to access upper levels of buildings - like a fire department ladder truck, but wider ladder so more than one can go at a time.

My second guess is for bridging - like to cross a river.

If the engineer is good - it's a hybrid of both!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    What was his reaction when it did connect? Curious...
    He said Amerika is turning into a 'damned' police state and shook his head.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-29-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Cognitive dissonance this strong is not even surprising anymore. That in itself should be pretty scary to anyone with a nominally functional brain.
    To be fair to him he is at a very busy point in his life. A full-time job, night courses, wife has a full time job, a 5 year old and a just turned 1 year old. He's about as aware as one can be in his position. He did vote for Paul.

Reading the media articles on this situation has really been incredible. The amount of state worship and demonetization of peaceful protesters is astonishing. Those poor police officers, "just trying to do their jobs."

Hopefully people will wake up some day and realize the police officers are the real (and most dangerous) criminals.

Beat me to it, that was the first thing I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Wait till they roll out the scoops.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Building ladder vs river bridger (in a more peaceful time): the first time the new Plymouth, NH ladder truck was used was to get a drunk student off a spit on the Pemi. He had been tubing with a sixpack in the spring and the water was so cold he got hypothermia. They put the ladder across from the shore and the fire company got him to safety.

Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    Reading the media articles on this situation has really been incredible. The amount of state worship and demonetization of peaceful protesters is astonishing. Those poor police officers, "just trying to do their jobs."

Hopefully people will wake up some day and realize the police officers are the real (and most dangerous) criminals.
    One could ask - Who has the job of shooting people in the back of the head?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.