Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch - Gary Johnson Flip Flops and Changes The Subject On Foreign Policy Question

Ouch - Gary Johnson Flip Flops and Changes The Subject On Foreign Policy Question

I'll probably vote for him, but....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    , but....
    he is NO Ron Paul.

And Africa?? Genocide? WTF ?
    Send a strike force to wipe them out????

What about None of our frackin' business. And Kony?
    Duh !
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Ugh.. where's Ron Paul when you need him?

Isn't that kinda old?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Ouch. Not sure what to make of that.

Other then Johnson wants to say he has an exit plan if he does send in the military and under the authorization of Congress.

It is weird I almost wondered if he was trying to moderate the non-interventionism idea as a way to reach out to the FOX News crowd and viewers.

I dunno sometimes I think the presidency of the United States is become a job that is so big few people can satisfactorily fill it by being experts in diplomacy, history, economics, warfare, and law.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Send a strike force to wipe them out????
    But wait, theres more! His army is full of kids, so we are going to have a bunch of grown men go over there and kill a bunch of kids?
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

ARGH. Why is it so hard to find one politician to vote for for president that's not absolute suck?

I'm still voting for him, but largely because I want to tell Romney and Obama that I'm disgusted with both of them. The sad part is if he does too well, the Libertarians may soften the anti war rhetoric. Hopefully they don't get that message out of it.

Obama and Romney are 100% evil. Johnson is a good guy, but he doesn't quite "get" it all yet.

That's how I see it, at least. I'll vote for him.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Equally painful are his statements in support of Israel and opposing the closing of Gitmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Obama and Romney are 100% evil. Johnson is a good guy, but he doesn't quite "get" it all yet.

That's how I see it, at least. I'll vote for him.
    I didn't like the video but he'll still get my vote....yes he doesn't get it, but President Johnson could be talked out of intervening in Uganda...no chance Obama or Romney being talked out of waging all the wars they have planned.

not the guy you want as a standard bearer for your movement

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    not the guy you want as a standard bearer for your movement
    True...

but I'd take the lesser of two GOODS

over

the lesser of two EVILS

anyday,

presence

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Well I'll never vote for him.

that was pretty painful.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

I'll probably vote for him, but....
    ONLY RON PAUL IN 2012!
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

Way to promote the Libertarian movement. I always thought he was an idiot. His interviews are always fluffy as hell and suck, he dodges easy questions ALL the time.

Libertarians are able to look at a problem and go through 10 layers of philosophical and practical methods to approaching it while ALWAYS being consistent.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    Way to promote the Libertarian movement. I always thought he was an idiot. His interviews are always fluffy as hell and suck, he dodges easy questions ALL the time.

Libertarians are able to look at a problem and go through 10 layers of philosophical and practical methods to approaching it while ALWAYS being consistent.
    Uh, no. Some are.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    Way to promote the Libertarian movement.
    He is not a "libertarian" despite what he may call himself.

He is a Utilitarian.. And will say and do whatever he thinks has the most utility at the moment.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Isn't that kinda old?
    Maybe. I just saw it, and it was uploaded yesterday, so I thought it was new. That's all I know.

Ya, I would be changing the subject too if I screwed up that badly on national tv.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Uh, no. Some are.
    LOL - and it's not always an asset.

A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

What a buffoon.

I think this is from October, btw.

Yeah ummmm ill be voting for Ron Paul. Thank you very much.
    I am the spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For the record Kony is actually the better guy between the two because Museveni the current President of Uganda is the dictator, the one setting up concentration camp, committing genocide and used child soldiers to get in power. War is hell and when you are trying to dislodge a 20+ year old dictator, you are going to be forced to use some unsavory tactic to do that. But Gary Johnson here will involve US soldiers and stick his ugly nose into Uganda's internal affairs.

His view on humanitarian wars and central banking is one reason why I am still sitting on the fence about Johnson. Yea I agree with him on 90% of the issues but war and central banking are the big ones in my book and hes got to get it right to have my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    For the record Kony is actually the better guy between the two because Museveni the current President of Uganda is the dictator, the one setting up concentration camp, committing genocide and used child soldiers to get in power. War is hell and when you are trying to dislodge a 20+ year old dictator, you are going to be forced to use some unsavory tactic to do that. But Gary Johnson here will involve US soldiers and stick his ugly nose into Uganda's internal affairs.

His view on humanitarian wars and central banking is one reason why I am still sitting on the fence about Johnson. Yea I agree with him on 90% of the issues but war and central banking are the big ones in my book and hes got to get it right to have my vote.

I'd say that if someone doesn't agree with you on war and central banking, the best they could match up with you is 10%. And I'm being generous with that marker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    He is not a "libertarian" despite what he may call himself.

He is a Utilitarian.. And will say and do whatever he thinks has the most utility at the moment.
    That's only somewhat true. He's definitely a utilitarian, but philosophically he leans Libertarian on basically every single issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    That's only somewhat true. He's definitely a utilitarian, but philosophically he leans Libertarian on basically every single issue.
    Yes, but foreign policy is important to me. I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for. I could vote for him as a protest vote, but if that means the LP starts compromising on its foreign policy positions as a result, I'll blame myself.

Sigh.

Yes, but foreign policy is important to me. I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for. I could vote for him as a protest vote, but if that means the LP starts compromising on its foreign policy positions as a result, I'll blame myself.

Sigh.
    Heavy sigh, I'm looking at the real possibility there wil be absolutely nobody worth voting for on my ballot. If this is the case I will simply donate to the liberty candidates that are out there across the country and not vote.
    "The Patriarch"

lol this guys an idiot. I'm not voting for a president this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast