Thread: An eight year old today...

An eight year old today...

can start a blog, make a silly video on youtube. Technology (from the free market by the way) is truly amazing.

I remember when I was eight and we had one black and white tv with rabbit ears

http://ryanrocks111.blogspot.com/201...b-video-1.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    High quality material right there.

I remember having to do everything in Super-8. Stop motion was a helluva fun but very time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGetsIt View Post
    can start a blog, make a silly video on youtube. Technology (from the free market by the way) is truly amazing.

http://ryanrocks111.blogspot.com/201...b-video-1.html
    So this is what Obama meant when he said the government created...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Not to be an early downer, but an eight-year-old today might also not know basic first aid, what poison ivy looks like, what the venemous and non-venemous snakes in their area look like, how to navigate without GPS, or even how to sign their name.

There's definitely a tradeoff.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Not to be an early downer, but an eight-year-old today might also not know basic first aid, what poison ivy looks like, what the venemous and non-venemous snakes in their area look like, how to navigate without GPS, or even how to sign their name.

Yup.

To be honest, I can't navigate without GPS, nor do I know how to write most cursive letters that do not appear in my name.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    To be honest, I can't navigate without GPS, nor do I know how to write most cursive letters that do not appear in my name.
    Product of the American education system

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    Product of the American education system
    lolz To be fair though...have you ever seen a doctor's handwriting? Even the ones with all sorts of degrees write like chickens. :P
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Oh this is not new. It's something that's been happening more and more. When was the last time you knew someone who was really aware and educated about their immediate environment, without being utterly devoted to it?

Do you know the closest source of clean, running water that's not downstream from someplace that might be relevant if you had to leave your home? Do you know what's deadliest in the woods/mountains/desert/fields nearby? Are you familiar with plants that can be woven or dried or that have medicinal properties?

You don't have to be utterly expert in things, but I enjoyed my time in the woods when I was younger. You learn a lot.

If you really are being serious, and have no idea how to find north by the stars/sun/etc., then I am sad for you
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Oh this is not new. It's something that's been happening more and more. When was the last time you knew someone who was really aware and educated about their immediate environment, without being utterly devoted to it?

Do you know the closest source of clean, running water that's not downstream from someplace that might be relevant if you had to leave your home? Do you know what's deadliest in the woods/mountains/desert/fields nearby? Are you familiar with plants that can be woven or dried or that have medicinal properties?

You don't have to be utterly expert in things, but I enjoyed my time in the woods when I was younger. You learn a lot.

If you really are being serious, and have no idea how to find north by the stars/sun/etc., then I am sad for you
    Now I CAN navigate in the woods. I just can't navigate in a car. My parents made me leave the house basically after breakfast and I wasn't allowed back in except for meals and bed. I spent a lot of time in the woods when I was younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

HAHA.

I can't write cursive.

But have not problem without GPS.

Even from 20,000 feet.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Outside has awesome grfx and totally realistic physics and gameplay.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

I took a picture of the moon landing on a 12 inch B&W TV on my birthday in 1968 with a Polaroid. That is almost like youtube.

Rev9

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cstarace View Post
    High quality material right there.
    He'll get his own sitcom on network TV replete with big gut humor, poking fun at his dad and his mom will know everything and insult dad for everything. It's a winning combo these days. Smartassed kid, inept white male denutted dad-guy and all knowing, all seeing uppity woman.

Rev9

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I can't write cursive.
    I hate to sound sexist but that must be a man-thing.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Well said. +Rep
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I think it is. But then again I can/have navigated my way all around the country to hundreds of destinations without a damn gps and usually without a map. That might be a man thing too.

more of a lack of practice thing. Back in the 18th-19th century (and before that in many cases) when penmanship was taught quite seriously, men's handwriting was better. Bach's was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I think it is. But then again I can/have navigated my way all around the country to hundreds of destinations without a damn gps and usually without a map. That might be a man thing too.
    Perhaps... but I can write directions, in cursive, pretty darn well.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    more of a lack of practice thing. Back in the 18th-19th century (and before that in many cases) when penmanship was taught quite seriously, men's handwriting was better. Bach's was beautiful.
    The founding father's hand beautiful handwriting too.

Perhaps... but I can write directions, in cursive, pretty darn well.
    that might work as long as you navigator reading them off to you isn't a male.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The founding father's hand beautiful handwriting too.

Truth. Have you ever tried writing in pen/quill and ink? It almost forces you to write more neatly to avoid smears/blobs. And unlike regular ballpoints, it's possible to correct mistakes by using white ink (much neater than whiteout)