Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DHS Funded Video Suggests Fighting “Active Shooters” With “Improvised Weapons”

DHS Funded Video Suggests Fighting “Active Shooters” With “Improvised Weapons”

Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars.com
    July 27, 2012

Video does not dare suggest that a firearm would be more effective at warding off an attacker than a fire extinguisher.

In the wake of the shooting in Aurora, Colorado, the Department of Homeland Security and the city of Houston, Texas, have released a instructional video on what to do during an “active shooter” event.

Entitled “Run, Hide, Fight,” the video depicts a fictional shooting incident at an office building. It tells citizens they should try to escape a shooter by running, hiding, or as a last resort fighting. “As a last resort, working together or alone, act with aggression, use improvised weapons and fight,” the City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security instruct.

If potential victims, however, were armed and trained in the proper use of firearms, ineffectual “improvised weapons” would not be necessary.

Currently, 43 states allow the open carry of handguns. According to the Armed Citizens League (ACL), of those states, only 14 require a citizen to possess a concealed carry permit to legally participate in open carry while other states, like Virginia, have no permit requirements.

“Let’s remember, the heinous crimes committed at Columbine, Virginia Tech and most recently in Arizona were all committed with legally purchased guns. Let’s ask ourselves, if a carry permit issued by a state, or denial thereof, would have changed anything in the hearts and minds of the criminals who committed these violent acts,” the ACL noted prior to the event in Colorado.

“Gun ownership isn’t about duck hunting, it’s about saving your life and defending all the civil liberties we enjoy in this country,” said Dick Heller following the Aurora shooting. Heller is the plaintiff in the landmark gun rights Supreme Court decision, District of Columbia v. Heller. “In Colorado, I am surprised someone wasn’t armed to be able to defend themselves or to shoot back,” he said.

Heller told Human Events a community armed and trained in the use of firearms is a strong deterrent to a potential shooter. “Because the shooter does not know what their risk level is.”

We shouldn’t expect, however, the Department of Homeland Security to call for armed citizens to fight back. Government is opposed to citizens taking on the responsibility of their own defense and are actively working to disarm the people, as a blizzard of gun laws and other restrictions on the Second Amendment reveal.

Instead, they would have us fight against shooters armed with 12-gauge pump shotguns – as depicted in the above video – with fire extinguishers.

original article here:
    http://www.infowars.com/dhs-funded-v...vised-weapons/
    I am the spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post

Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars.com
    July 27, 2012

Video does not dare suggest that a firearm would be more effective at warding off an attacker than a fire extinguisher.

In the wake of the shooting in Aurora, Colorado, the Department of Homeland Security and the city of Houston, Texas, have released a instructional video on what to do during an “active shooter” event.

Entitled “Run, Hide, Fight,” the video depicts a fictional shooting incident at an office building. It tells citizens they should try to escape a shooter by running, hiding, or as a last resort fighting. “As a last resort, working together or alone, act with aggression, use improvised weapons and fight,” the City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security instruct.

If potential victims, however, were armed and trained in the proper use of firearms, ineffectual “improvised weapons” would not be necessary.

Currently, 43 states allow the open carry of handguns. According to the Armed Citizens League (ACL), of those states, only 14 require a citizen to possess a concealed carry permit to legally participate in open carry while other states, like Virginia, have no permit requirements.

“Let’s remember, the heinous crimes committed at Columbine, Virginia Tech and most recently in Arizona were all committed with legally purchased guns. Let’s ask ourselves, if a carry permit issued by a state, or denial thereof, would have changed anything in the hearts and minds of the criminals who committed these violent acts,” the ACL noted prior to the event in Colorado.

“Gun ownership isn’t about duck hunting, it’s about saving your life and defending all the civil liberties we enjoy in this country,” said Dick Heller following the Aurora shooting. Heller is the plaintiff in the landmark gun rights Supreme Court decision, District of Columbia v. Heller. “In Colorado, I am surprised someone wasn’t armed to be able to defend themselves or to shoot back,” he said.

Heller told Human Events a community armed and trained in the use of firearms is a strong deterrent to a potential shooter. “Because the shooter does not know what their risk level is.”

We shouldn’t expect, however, the Department of Homeland Security to call for armed citizens to fight back. Government is opposed to citizens taking on the responsibility of their own defense and are actively working to disarm the people, as a blizzard of gun laws and other restrictions on the Second Amendment reveal.

Instead, they would have us fight against shooters armed with 12-gauge pump shotguns – as depicted in the above video – with fire extinguishers.

original article here:
    http://www.infowars.com/dhs-funded-v...vised-weapons/
    I don't own a gun to hunt or to protect myself. My intentions are to assault tyranny with it. That's right. Assault.

Colorado does have carry permits. Did that deter Holmes? He wore protective armor just in case.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-27-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Here's another DHS video on what to do if you confront an attacker....

History repeats itself.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Colorado does have carry permits. Did that deter Holmes? He wore protective armor just in case.
    Ummm....no. He wore a tactical vest. All it did was let him carry extra clips.

http://www.greenvilledragnet.com/rot...letproof-vest/
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    History repeats itself.

"Little-dumdum-little-dumdum"<singing>

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

History repeats itself.
    deedle, dumb, dumb...deedle, dumb, dumb...deedle, dumb, dumb...

ETA: Lol. Got the draw on me that time Rev9.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-27-2012 at 04:57 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    they are telling us how we can protect ourselves when they destroy all the guns...except for the usual suspects.

History repeats itself.
    Lol! I said the same thing during a discussion last weekend. A bunch of people were talking about how it is so "scary" these days, and they have to teach the kids at school what to do in case of a shooter. "Gee, when we were kids, all we had to worry about was ducking under our desk to await a nuclear fireball."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Wow, they actually did something useful. They probably even did it without first consulting the SPLC.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Lol! I said the same thing during a discussion last weekend. A bunch of people were talking about how it is so "scary" these days, and they have to teach the kids at school what to do in case of a shooter. "Gee, when we were kids, all we had to worry about was ducking under our desk to await a nuclear fireball."
    Either you are much older than I or you hang out at assisted living homes.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This may be a little off-topic, but wasn't MacGuyver an anti-gun show??

So according to this video, when the Feds send in the guys from Blackwater aka XE Services aka Academi, you should only resist with fire extinguishers, belts wrapped around your fists, and chairs. Sounds about right.....
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Either you are much older than I or you hang out at assisted living homes.
    Lol. By sheer coincidence, I will be at an "independent" living complex tomorrow visiting my grandfather.

Duck and cover for nukes lasted until the 80s. They may still do it for earthquakes in California (sans the vintage cartoons).

Duck and Cover was a suggested method of personal protection against the effects of a nuclear weapon, which the United States government taught to generations of United States school children from the early 1950s into the 1980s.

Lol. By sheer coincidence, I will be at an "independent" living complex tomorrow visiting my grandfather.

Duck and cover for nukes lasted until the 80s. They may still do it for earthquakes in California (sans the vintage cartoons).
    For myself...graduated early 80's. Grew up in my pre-teens on Air Force bases. Never 'covered and duck.' Experience, always, may vary.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The duck and cover thing was never intended to help during a nuclear blast. It was only intended to instill fear of a foreign enemy into the minds of school children.
    I am the spoon.

The duck and cover thing was never intended to help during a nuclear blast. It was only intended to instill fear of a foreign enemy into the minds of school children.
    Actually, I think the desired effect was to alleviate fear and panic. The authorities were fully aware that they couldn't protect the populace from a nuclear explosion above-ground, so they conjured up this feel good nonsense.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-27-2012 at 06:46 PM.

What's really messed up is the fact, that our government knows that getting under your desk and covering your head with your book was not going to keep you from being killed. People would have probably been safer if they said nothing at all and just let it happen if it was going to. Those drills, in which I myself participated in the first few years of schooling, are meant for mental control. Nothing more. Why do people allow themselves to led around like dogs?
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Actually, I think the desired effect was to alleviate fear and panic. The authorities were fully aware that they couldn't protect the populace from a nuclear explosion above-ground, so they conjured up this feel good nonsense.
    'feel good nonsense' with a purpose. Both of you have it right and are closer than you are far.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    What's really messed up is the fact, that our government knows that getting under your desk and covering your head with your book was not going to keep you from being killed. People would have probably been safer if they said nothing at all and just let it happen if it was going to. Those drills, in which I myself participated in the first few years of schooling, are meant for mental control. Nothing more. Why do people allow themselves to led around like dogs?
    No,no, if you pointed your @ss at the direction of the fireball you were safe.

I actually had about 6 mo of panic after watching a special PBS scientific show about nuclear weapons, specifically the 10megaton and up hydrogen bombs. At any moment, humanity can still be wiped from the face of this earth.

Yea sure, like that's gonna stave off a 800 pound charging bear or something....what next, death by teacup....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiso0770 View Post
    Yea sure, like that's gonna stave off a 800 pound charging bear or something....what next, death by teacup....lol.
    Apparently you've never seen Chronicles of Riddick. I wanted to know what he was going to do next with the safety pin.

I remember having to prepare for the nukes. My brothers and I declared to our parents that we would run home to get our dog and keep her out of harms way. They were very concerned about it and made up a story that our dog would come and find us and that she would be okay. My mom said something the other day about how worried she and my dad were about one of us or all of us trying to get home to our beloved pet.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Bull, it was fear of an enemy, otherwise, they could have just not said, "If a nuke comes at us.....", why mention anything?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I remember having to prepare for the nukes. My brothers and I declared to our parents that we would run home to get our dog and keep her out of harms way. They were very concerned about it and made up a story that our dog would come and find us and that she would be okay. My mom said something the other day about how worried she and my dad were about one of us or all of us trying to get home to our beloved pet.
    Yeah, it seems to be the human state that children will be scared by something (well, that "something" generally comes from society and the parents). The kids will attempt to address that threat the best they can.

"We don't need no education!"

I can only imagine what one of the Aurora victoms would think of this video. I know I would be insulted.

The government says:

You should run
    You should hide
    You should fight

Just how f'n stupid do they think people are? Was this seriously produced with the intention of saving people?
    They basically described every instinctive action that would occur during an "active shooter" incident. They actually forgot one - "Play dead if you are shot".

This stupid video, brought to you by the same morons that think you're too stupid to have a firearm.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Yeah, it seems to be the human state that children will be scared by something (well, that "something" generally comes from society and the parents). The kids will attempt to address that threat the best they can.

"We don't need no education!"
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Bull, it was fear of an enemy, otherwise, they could have just not said, "If a nuke comes at us.....", why mention anything?
    The nuclear threat was highly publicized at that time and for good reason. Secondly, the government was not going to cede the mantle as the ultimate defenders of the citizenry. That is a very powerful illusion that they needed to maintain.

I have been giving the problem some thought, and my solution is to be found here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Considerations
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast